+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 58 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) MiscMods

Is there an actual trigger that changes what culture group a culture is in? Otherwise, I think the only way it'd work is if a separate tag was made, as well as a different culture, and the event tag-changed and culture shifted the Netherlands.

I'm not a modder though, I'm only basing that off of assumptions.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NezzeOne View Post
    Is there an actual trigger that changes what culture group a culture is in? Otherwise, I think the only way it'd work is if a separate tag was made, as well as a different culture, and the event tag-changed and culture shifted the Netherlands.

I'm not a modder though, I'm only basing that off of assumptions.
    Nope.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

If I could voice something...
    It is far too easy for Hordes to reform through the new event. Playing as Muscowy is a pain in the ass when you have a Golden Horde that gets shitloads of cores on you and techs just as fast, and doesnt suffer from horde penalties. The event should only fire if the horde has already been pushed to the brink, because it really hits too often in like 1420 or so.

Look at the Miscmods site, that's already planned for the next version.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hello all. This is my first post but I have lurked the Paradox Forum for years now. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Miscmods (the Shattered Europe and Peace of God scenarios are the only way I play the game now) and provide a little feed back.

In a recent game of Wales>Britannia it occurred to me that an increased rate of cultural integration of Welsh(or Gaelic) and British cultures would be neat considering their resurgent dominance of the Isles. Having it tied to the BRT country tag and/or the druidic religion would be ideal but I have very little experience modding so I don't know if that's possible. Also having every province in the Isles renamed after a change to Gaelic culture. I know almost all of them are set to be renamed as is but I thought it was rather funny that the one province I had culture shift before I modded it myself was Essex, which doesn't have an alternate tag. Oh, and also the possibility of changing the BRT_ADJ to Britannian instead of British.

Also, I've noticed a strange bug(?) with new world factions and their COT's. When playing as Hawaii every time I would load up my game a COT would spawn in my capital even after it had been destroyed due to stagnation multiple times. Another instance of something similar happens when ever I try to take out the northern set of American Indians as a colonial power. By the time I get there they always have an inland COT that I make a point of destroying in favor of building one in Manhattan for whatever reason. While I'm holding their territory in preparation for colonization (seeing that they have the horde tag), if they are able to have rebels take back their capital a COT is automatically built there even when by all rights they shouldn't have the money to do so.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome Gold500k club

For what ever reason I am having an issue with miscmods. It plays fine until i pan over wastelands or TI, then the game crashes. I have to delete the cache every time I play just to get it working right. What is the issue here? HTTT 4.1B with Miscmods .70
    "As beautiful as the chance meeting on a dissecting-table of a sewing-machine and an umbrella!"
    Former Forever Supreme Grand Master of the now defunct Grand and Magnificent Order of Prestige

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Strayed4A View Post
    Stuff.
    All of the alternate province names for Welsh Britain were given to me before Essex was added to the game. Tell me what you renamed it to and I will gladly put it in. And I have indeed sped up the spread of Welsh culture for united Britannia.

As for the COT problem, I'm not sure there's any way around it. COTs appear when there isn't another one in a certain range. But then because there is nobody out in the Pacific those COTs immediately stagnate and close up. I'm not sure there's any way to break that cycle until nations start colonizing the islands.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

I guess the respawning COT really makes sense in that context considering in the vanilla game there isn't any occupied province outside the range of a COT. Probably prevents the game from crashing or something.

As far as Essex goes, my knowledge of the Gaelic language is pretty much non existent. The modding I mentioned was just me adding a .2 modifier to the spread a Welsh culture in main land Britain because I had failed to notice that you'd already taken care of that. I did however notice that the Colony Ingame Name Change Mod that you integrated had name changes for Ireland, Wales, Cornwall, and Scotland under Gaelic culture, which would explain why I just had The Western Isles go through two sets of name changes when they culture shifted.
    Last edited by Strayed4A; 05-11-2011 at 15:24.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_everos View Post
    For what ever reason I am having an issue with miscmods. It plays fine until i pan over wastelands or TI, then the game crashes. I have to delete the cache every time I play just to get it working right. What is the issue here? HTTT 4.1B with Miscmods .70
    The HTTT version isnt suported anymore, I'd suggest that you should upgrade to DW.
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Quote Originally Posted by Karhunkynsi View Post
    All of the alternate province names for Welsh Britain were given to me before Essex was added to the game. Tell me what you renamed it to and I will gladly put it in. And I have indeed sped up the spread of Welsh culture for united Britannia.
    On the topic of the Welsh names in Britain, the name for Kent/Canterbury (Caint/Caintwaresburgh) is Old English, not Welsh.
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well, you can always try cribbing Old English names instead. Try these links for some ideas.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2

Occitan Names for Europe

So I went through the Occitan version of Wikipedia to find Occitan names for all my provinces that I've taken in my campaign as a renamed Toulouse. But since Occitania is going to be an official union, I figured I'd share all the names! Maybe they could serve as an addendum to the Colony Renaming mod? Anyway! For simplicity's sake, I've taken screenshots of all my European conquests, containing all the changed names. If nothing has changed, it's because there was no information that I could find (I think Altmark is one of those few, rare cases).

P.S. I know it's small, but Gibraltar is called Gibarvar.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BallsOfSteel; 06-11-2011 at 19:46.

No John, you are the Syndies IconOfEvi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think a goal to move twoards would be more culture-themed national unions, a la Britain and now France

Of course, Karhun wouldnt have time unless people help him out, dunno
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Finally found Jehanne's chastity belt! But can't get the key in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BallsOfSteel View Post
    So I went through the Occitan version of Wikipedia to find Occitan names for all my provinces that I've taken in my campaign as a renamed Toulouse. But since Occitania is going to be an official union, I figured I'd share all the names! Maybe they could serve as an addendum to the Colony Renaming mod? Anyway! For simplicity's sake, I've taken screenshots of all my European conquests, containing all the changed names. If nothing has changed, it's because there was no information that I could find (I think Altmark is one of those few, rare cases).

P.S. I know it's small, but Gibraltar is called Gibarvar.
    You should definately provide a list of these to the Colony Name Change Thread, if you haven't done so already.

Aye.
    "I Have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." - Stephan Hawkings

Owner of a Golden Phoenix cookie! Extremely Proud owner of a BiB cookie! I also have a very special Johan cookie as well
    Owner of 7 2Coaties
    "Why not? The primary causes for union are, thankfully, long gone. So why are we hanging on to it? For the sake of sentimentality? An uncertain economic argument that's easily dismissed? Nah. Go forth, Scots. All power to your elbow. You'll take the oil and we'll take the nukes, and we'll be in Brussels afore ye. And so on." - Rabid Bogling

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

maby some new colonial revolters like new england or califonia republic

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeshteni View Post
    You should definately provide a list of these to the Colony Name Change Thread, if you haven't done so already.

Aye.
    Done!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Mr. Karhunkysi I would like to voice one minor complaint. In my recent Netherlands game I had conquered all the Americas, yet colonial revolters appeared and all my culture changed to American. I decided to culture shift for the lulz, but what I'm trying to get at here is that it would be nice if the revolt events would move differently if the capitol has been moved to the New World. Perhaps a ton of Noble rebels or Particularists demanding you move your capitol back? Would be really cool. I just wanted to mention that, this is an amazing mod and I sincerely hope you continue it

No John, you are the Syndies IconOfEvi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

New version of the name change mod out! I assume its being incorporated?
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

heres a idea for a scenario but it might be knda hard but due to one of the founding fathers dieing the constition was very weak and tunred into the 13 coloneys each becoming there own countries
    Now of course youll have to combine some like in new england but maby they concured them its just a idea

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    That's actually something I've pondered over through various attempts at the colony system. I used to see AI Portugal moving their capital across the Atlantic quite often, then being left with all wrong culture provinces when the revolts started kicking in. Still haven't quite worked out how to deal with that.
    Making nations that move their capital over exempt from the revolt events could work. But then there should also be some penalty for the provinces back home like you said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 58 ... LastLast