+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) MiscMods

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

1: Although there would be migration, the islands would inevitably want to prevent a flood of people to prevent a plague outbreak on the island itself, so they would try to restrict immigration to the best of their abilities.
    2: I opened a can of worms here, didn't I? Regardless of which people managed to get across, I'm just noting that there would be immigration, and it most likely wouldn't involve a million peasants sitting in refugee camps. I'd imagine that it would involve kings, theologians, inventors, merchants, and other high-ranking individuals from throughout the continent fleeing and reestablishing a new life. Whether or not a mass immigration would involve the poor, this would be a new batch of labor and capital into the islands. We could reasonably increase the base tax, or place a couple buildings, to account for this change.
    Look! It's my new signature!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

But if i'm not wrong, the islands around Europe were some of that hardest hit areas because they depended on naval trade and the black death spread through rats aboard ships. It would be more plausible that european population groups would survive in secluded locations in central europe, would it not?

Taken from Wiki: "however, the plague largely spared some parts of Europe, including the Kingdom of Poland and isolated parts of Belgium and the Netherlands."
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

We're challenging this scenario on two different levels. I'm challenging its assumptions of the sociological reactions the assumption would create. You're challenging the assumption's existence.

The scenario is saying "what if continental Europe was wiped out from the plague" with your response being "well, it wouldn't." We know it wouldn't. But the scenario is using a "what if" in that case. We kind of have to accept it and go on. :P

Not to mention that having the pocket populations on mainland Europe might give them an advantage in colonizing...

Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Oh i'm not trying to disagree with your suggestions, quite on the contrary. I'm mearly expanding upon the suggestions. But i see your point, changing the aspects of the scenario's background might be a bit too much.

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On another point , is it WAD to have some new religions clearly superior to the others? like khariji , sufism , sikhism
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    On another point , is it WAD to have some new religions clearly superior to the others? like khariji , sufism , sikhism
    The new Islamic religions are about half way in between Sunni and Shiite I think. You'll note that the Shiite bonuses are pretty big. Sikhism as it is I don't think is all that powerful. It trades the tax bonus of Hinduism for a manpower modifier and a bit of land morale.

As to everyone else talking about plagues. From a historical perspective, it's ridiculous I know. From a gameplay perspective, I am working on pushing the AI to start colonizing. And I gave holy wars back to the Christians in said scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhunkynsi View Post
    As to everyone else talking about plagues. From a historical perspective, it's ridiculous I know. From a gameplay perspective, I am working on pushing the AI to start colonizing. And I gave holy wars back to the Christians in said scenario.
    w00t!

Is the Holy War going to be adjusted in any way? I'd like to be able to bring the Holy War back in my current Iceland game, so if you had an idea of what you were going to do, I could quickly slap it inside my own game. :P

EDIT: I didn't realize just how quickly this project was developing, to where you already have these updates coming up. Very nice! I'll sit here and shut up while you make this my favorite mod in the game. Haha, again, nice job!

Side note: Awesome that 3 of my ideas were implemented in .74!
    Last edited by Adam Smith; 04-04-2011 at 19:41.

I don't know if it's too far fetched, but it would be neat if the Byzantine Empire was able to re-establish the ancient Roman religion. Of course such and event would have major consequences, like massive militancy for 50-70 or more years.

I tried the dark continent , but i think it's really stupid that :

1- the papacy is active without papal state , and the christians are excommunicating each other a lot, when they should be united or at least friendly
    2-Genoa is a merchant republic ... without a CoT , but will still ask for trade rights and such
    3- I don't think Aragon should keep its core on Sardinia , given the circunstances
    4- Cyprus should either be orthodox or catholic , but have state and province religion identical

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've been playing Dark Continent. About 50 years in, Muslims are starting to colonize and states (Skandistan and a German one whose name I forget) are forming. As the GH, I myself turned into a kingdom and managed to start taking Russia.

The survivng island states (along with Grenada, who for some reason has Cadiz and Gibraltar, but not Grenada) are... pretty quiet, though. Sometimes they conquer nearby islands, but that's it. Are they supposed to start colonizing again, or not? (And if so, do they start later or something?)

EDIT: Also, regarding shattered Europe, Lithuania really should be pagan. It barely Christianized before the game's timeframe!
    Last edited by birdboy2000; 06-04-2011 at 08:44.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    I've been playing Dark Continent. About 50 years in, Muslims are starting to colonize and states (Skandistan and a German one whose name I forget) are forming.

So make muslim european colonial states.... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

There are a lot of islands that aren't used in the game. I understand that some might be too close to the mainland, but at least have Corfu, Sicily, and Naxos around, if you have Granada that is.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

Been testing out some tweaks to the empty Europe scenario.

The most obvious change is that the colonial Muslim states are present from the start. An empty Europe is a nice visual but this makes it much easier to develop events, and stop the game from locking up when they appear. Also prevents them from overwriting any colonies you have rushed to put down! Although they are selectable from the start, they are prevented from colonizing until 1415-1420 sometime, at which point they are officially settled, recieving several free provinces and a random state religion. Also note that the Italian and Greek islands are consolidated. AI nations in this scenario start with huge restrictions on colonial range, starting at -85%.
    In 1450 the AI range limitations are reduced. Scotland inherits Norway and gains a couple provinces through event. The Scotland AI has since built a single colony on its own. Sameland similarly expands through event. In this picture the Ottomans built a bunch of colonies in the Balkans and promptly lost them all to Crete. Central European states all expand in nice circles because they have no other choice, Skandistan begrudgingly starts colonizing Scandinavia because they can't reach super-rich Holland yet.
    Skandistan and Sameland briefly touched borders, at which point the former absorbed the latter. Crete still running rampage over Turkish colonies. Eventually they retook Constantinople in a peace agreement.
    AI colonial range limitations are loosened again in 1475. A coalition of Muslim states kick Crete off of the mainland. Granada conquers most of the colonies in Iberia while Algiers grabs a couple rich provinces in southern France.
    AI colonial range limits removed. Skandistan behaving so far, colonising Denmark. Scotland finally built a second colony. European states have too many empty provinces to choose from now for the AI to behave nicely.
    Without range limitations, the Skandistan AI skips over the dirt poor provinces it's named after and grabs some rich land in northern Germany. Scotland has apparantly given up.

So the limits on AI range stop Morocco from grabbing Holland immediately, but overall it just seems like there's less colonisation. Obviously there's still more tweaking to do. Most likely going to refill some of Russia because that's a lot of empty provinces.

In the mischeresies event file the event to convert Latin Christians into Catholics targets the Scandinavian culture group and changes the religion to protestant.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

in 2 different games with .73, it CTD's in the year 1406. one game was with the dark continent scenario and the other was as austria in the grand campaign
    ZipZopBoopityBop! With the Sniflin an the Snuflin!

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    500k club

Shattered Europe

Europe is fractured and under siege. The infighting of Christian kings has left them vulnerable to outside invaders. In the east the Mongol hordes are moving in from Siberia while Turkish missionaries have spread their faith over the Balkans. Southern Italy is in the midst of religious turmoil as Christian and Muslim Italians cross swords. To the west Moorish successors squabble over the remains of Spanish kingdoms. Meanwhile the untamed pagans to the north seek opportunities to expand.
    Playing as a major Muslim power on the Iberian peninsula or uniting the British Isles under a pagan banner offer some new opportunities.

I have started a campaign as Brandenburg in the Shattered Europe scenario. I am actually having a lot of fun with the Golden Horde and the Russian Khanate to my East and North East respectively. Just for good measure, Badajoz seems to like Denmark and Scandanavia as well.
    Just want to add some suggestions...
    A previous poster pointed out that Lithuania would remain pagan in a Christian Europe that was more under threat from the south. The Teutonic Knights may have remained in Hungary, but the drive to subdue the Prussian tribes by Poles or Germans would probably still have existed. Maybe a reduced Teutonic Order to Ostpreussen/Memel/Warmia and remove Kurland from the HRE, extend Lithuania here.
    Scandanavia might be a mixture of christian and pagan religion. Have you considered creating an Aesir religion rather than the generic Pagan and really mixing it up in the British Isles by making Northumbria a remnant Anglo-Scandinavian state with mixed Aesir/Catholic regions - sort of Hammer and the Cross inspired.
    Anyhow, always like the alt-history so thanks for your work,
    Mammoth

This mod has made EU so much more enjoyable. Please continue, and I hope more alt-hist scenarioes are on the way.

Ship Simulator Extremes

I'm loving the Dark Continent. I've almost completely reclaimed Great Britain with Aragon, Iceland and Genoa as my vassals. (Loving the inclusion of Iceland btw)

But even though I've got most of the UK, the only country I can release as a vassal is Norway. Why is that? Why can't I release England/Northumberland/Cornwall? I don't intend to, but when I hit the mainland, I fully intend to release my favoured European nations as vassals.

you can't release nations that don't have their primary culture in the capital ...

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by sprites View Post
    you can't release nations that don't have their primary culture in the capital ...
    Thank you very much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 ... LastLast