+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) MiscMods

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

(MOD) MiscMods

MiscMods - The little mod that thinks really big. This is something I've been working on for awhile so I thought I'd leave this here for everyone here to take a look at. It's a collection of minor changes to the basic Europa Universalis experience. Believe it or not it's not meant to change your gameplay experience in a serious way, but it definitely gives you some new options. There's new missions, events, decisions, nations, religions and...

New Scenarios
    Several alternate starting scenarios are available. These do not interfere with the historical grand campaign whatsoever. You can still start a new game in 1399 or 1450 or 1820 or whatever with the historical borders as set by Paradox Each of these alternate scenarios are stored in the days before the start of the historical grand campaign.

Shattered Europe

Europe is fractured and under siege. The infighting of Christian kings has left them vulnerable to outside invaders. In the east the Mongol hordes are moving in from Siberia while Turkish missionaries have spread their faith over the Balkans. Southern Italy is in the midst of religious turmoil as Christian and Muslim Italians cross swords. To the west Moorish successors squabble over the remains of Spanish kingdoms. Meanwhile the untamed pagans to the north seek opportunities to expand.
    Playing as a major Muslim power on the Iberian peninsula or uniting the British Isles under a pagan banner offer some new opportunities.

Peace of God

Beginning with Pope Gregory VII, the Papal State has preached for the violent eviction of Muslims from the holy lands. Religious zeal has taken hold of Europe and for the past 300 years many of Europe's finest have gone to fight and die in the east. Byzantium has only recently begun to lose ground as ambitious Catholic nobles look for new lands to conquer. The Papal focus on the Levant and backlash against the church's violent message means the call for the Albigensian Crusade was not answered and the Cathars of southern France have gathered a sizable following.
    Choose to fight Heathens in the Holy Land or Heretics in the heart of France.

Check out this AAR of Alexandria taking on the world.

Dark Continent

The black death has finally begun to retreat after claiming almost all of Europe. The Muslims prepare to reclaim the empty fields and abandoned universities of the deceased Christian kings. In the east great explorers say goodbye to their families and prepare to sail to the edge of the world. In far away lands, tribes and empires alike are entering a renaissance of their own.
    This scenario was created as a sort of personal challenge when someone pointed out there's never been a good Years of Rice and Salt scenario. This scenario also has a full list of unique events involving exploration, modernization and colonization. Since most of the game is removed with an empty Europe there are several new nations present in the Americas and Africa. Several European colonies inspired by Years of Rice and Salt and other sources are available at game start but don't really enter the game for about 15 years.

and...

Dynamic Colonies!
    Compare and contrast these two screenshots!
    Better 1? Better 2?
    Colonies in the new world are going to be different every game you play. If the Swedes colonize North America the nation of Vinland may appear instead of Canada. If Muslims land in South America you may meet entirely new states.

There's lots of other little changes but as I said they're meant to not be too terribly intrusive. Some things such as the Hussite rebellion or the rise of Sikhism may be a little more jarring than the fact that introducing your heir will actually raise your heirs legitimacy. See the massive revisions list for the complete rundown if you need to know what's what.
    Download the mod or don't, whatever!
    Last edited by silktrader; 20-07-2012 at 12:42.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria 2

New rules to live by:

If you have crazy missionary costs or tariffs ranging in the 1000s or more, it's because you have incompatible versions of MiscMods and EU3. Each download lists what version of the EU3 beta patch it is compatible with.

Government and State
    -Imperial governments have three levels of progression. The final version is called "Napoleonic Empire" and grants the imperialism cb.
    -Constitutional monarchies gain the imperialism cb.
    -Holy war cbs are a little harder to come by unless you're a largish nation and have a route to your target. Pagans can declare holy war. Hindus can declare holy war against heathens that hold Hindu provinces. Protestant religions give up their ability to wage holy war.
    -Demanding provinces in peace agreements is slightly more expensive in terms of warscore while other wargoals, such as enforcing trade leagues, are slightly cheaper.
    -Westernization has been reworked and renamed to the slightly more generic modernization, requirements slowly lower over time.
    -Military modernization has been removed. Units are balanced across all tech groups, save for the Ottomans who have some extra options for artillery.
    -New world nations have new government types. Either tribal nomads or tributary empires.
    -New world nations earn less money, but they also spend less money. Less money for European bullies to demand in peace deals.
    -Conquering vast tracts of land may enable you to release unified client-states. If you conquer Castile and Aragon for example, you will have the option to release a unified Spain.

Culture
    -African and Pacific colonies will revert to their native cultures. This makes those areas much less lucrative. Several post-colonial nations will gain cores as well.
    -The Japanese islands are separated into their own culture group. The nation of Japan is the cultural union.
    -New union nations for Gaelic, Turko-Semitic, East Asian, Hindustani, Eastern Aryan, Western Aryan and Dravidian.
    -Alternate union tags for British and Iberian cultures.
    -France is no longer the union of French cultures, at least not at game start. They can redeem this quality during the game.

Religion
    -Eastern religions have been divided into Taoist and Dharmic categories. This prevents China and India from intermingling.
    -New holy sites scattered around the world. One, the Meenakshi Amman, must be reconstructed before it grants the usual bonuses.
    -Enacting the Ecumenism national idea will promptly end any religious turmoil you may be experiencing.
    -Catharism only appears in alternate scenarios or very early in the game from Christian heretic rebels.
    -Hussism appears via event chain beginning in 1414. Once enabled it can appear from Christian heretic rebels.
    -Anglicanism may or may not appear after 1465, but only if someone in the British Isles is having a succession crisis.
    -Sikhism appears via event chain starting around 1500. Once enabled it can appear from Hindu heretic rebels.
    -Sufism and Khariji appear in alternate scenarios or from Muslim heretic rebels.
    -Great Spirit, Teotl, Inca. New religions for new world nations.

Colonization
    -New world colonies are dynamic! Except in one of the alternate scenarios.
    -Provinces will flip culture to align themselves with potential colonial nations, based on the culture or religion of their parent nation.
    -Colonial settlers may sabotage your province improvements or spread revolt risk.
    -Newly formed colonial nations come out swinging with big bonuses to their war effort. May cause neighboring provinces to defect.
    -Releasing a colonial nation as a vassal is not recommended as they sabotage your trade efforts and otherwise annoy you.
    -Revolutions will not be forced upon stable, happy nations. Your colonies will not be forcibly taken away from you.

The chronological (and less useful) list is here.
    Last edited by Karhunkynsi; 16-04-2011 at 19:58.

at this point id say its the best mod in the little leagues

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Ha Ha HA

Another excellent mod released by the people. MCP would love to add this little gem into itself if you would allow? Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

This is the greatest thing I have seen in a long, long time. This is Awesomeness!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k club

Well damn, this is awesome!
    Blood And Fire NOT Fire And Blood! - A Game of Thrones AAR where Valyrians may not have such an easy time conquering Westeros! (Abandoned due to lack of interest)

The Lone Wolf - AGoT AAR (Finished!)

MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by dskod1 View Post
    Ha Ha HA

Another excellent mod released by the people. MCP would love to add this little gem into itself if you would allow? Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks
    Sure. Feel free to include whatever parts you like. There are notes in most of the files I edited stating what I changed.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Fantastic mod! Never have I had as much fun as when i united France while following the Cathar religion
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Will you keep developing this mod? maybe even adding new scenarios?
    Blood And Fire NOT Fire And Blood! - A Game of Thrones AAR where Valyrians may not have such an easy time conquering Westeros! (Abandoned due to lack of interest)

MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by cosmeIII View Post
    Will you keep developing this mod? maybe even adding new scenarios?
    I'm always adding new things. And always fixing and rebalancing stuff I previously added. New scenarios happen much less often because they're an awful lot of work, and then an awful lot of testing. Not saying it won't ever happen though!

Having some issues -- I get a crash on 'generating map cache', says 'unspecified error loading files'. Any suggestions?

MagickaVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiveru View Post
    Having some issues -- I get a crash on 'generating map cache', says 'unspecified error loading files'. Any suggestions?
    I've never made any edits to the map files, so as to keep everything compatible with whatever graphics overhauls people may like. Maybe try deleting your /map/cache/ folder (after making a backup). Otherwise I have no idea.

Looks great, i especially love that Dark Continent idea. Also that dynamic naming of the new world is great, should be in vanilla and every other mod IMO.
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Weird -- cleared the map cache, loaded up vanilla, then loaded the mod and it works fine. Probably failed because I didn't realise I didn't have the 30 March patch until after I installed the mod :P

Off to the Dark Continent ^_^

I cant wait to try this out. Great work

Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

One question, is the missionary cost intended to be so expensive? It's about 1000 gold per missionary and that's a bit expensive for a OPM

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great mod, but I'm having an issue in-game. I've noticed that Algiers and Morocco are getting an huge amount of money from their European provinces (and by that I mean around 3000-6000 ducats from each). And they all come from Tariffs, did I install it correct?

This happens on the Dark Continent scenario.

MagickaVictoria 2

To Cainrae and Saphe: turns out I was wrong about this being compatible with older versions of Divine Wind. You need to install the March 30th beta patch as there were entries added to defines.txt so everything got shifted slightly. Missionary costs, COT costs, ship maintenance, tariffs and whatnot all got thrown in a blender so that's why those numbers aren't making any sense for you.
    Last edited by Karhunkynsi; 01-04-2011 at 21:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Karhunkynsi View Post
    I'm always adding new things. And always fixing and rebalancing stuff I previously added. New scenarios happen much less often because they're an awful lot of work, and then an awful lot of testing. Not saying it won't ever happen though!
    That's great to hear!

Ah! That makes sence I'll patch up the game then

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast