Thread: EIC Collection

EIC Collection

Does anyone know what other DRM means for EIC Collection from GG. Does it mean online activations or Steam.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection

I download EIC collection from GG. It does not need steam, and seemed to work with out any activation.

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossLegio
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Does anyone know what other DRM means for EIC Collection from GG. Does it mean online activations or Steam.
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. --Calvin Coolidge

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossLegio
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I found the answer in an older thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Faithful View Post
    It says on the GG product page "DRM: Other," not "DRM: DRM Free" when products contain no DRM.

Just want to make sure it will really be DRM Free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samppa View Post
    That's a mistake. It is DRM free.
    I had even posted in that thread; it was during my pre-GamersGate days.

But it would certainly help if GamersGate would get the game information right. That would likely improve sales, too.
    Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not: The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. --Calvin Coolidge

It would also be nice if it were clearer in the product description of the Collection that the expansions do not add-on to the core game, but rather are separate games/campaigns themselves...though they require the core game to play. So not an add-on (as in no features are added to standard campaigns), but not a "stand-alone" really either. Confusing.

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionThe Kings Crusade
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

I just installed the Collection and wonder about the tutorials.
    When I chose "play East India company" and then "Tuturials" I can choose between Tutorial 1 Strategic Level and Tutorial 2 Tactical Level.

However when I start Tutorial 1 I´m greeted with a "the second tuturial mission..." and when starting Tut. 2 the welcome says there´s Tutorial 3.
    Where´s Tutorial 1? ;-)
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Hoi1 Resistance

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection

I don't know about Tutorial 1. Frankly I never looked at the tutorials. From what have read they have always been pretty useless. The interface is simple enough to learn with mouse overs and a few help files.

Enjoy.