• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
haven't tried a GER game but some observations from my JAP game:
germany seems to be having trouble launching barbarossa in 41, this happened in a few games, GER declares war on YUG(and later Greece) around april/may'41 and isn't done in time for a june barbarossa launch and so the AI waits a full year to declare war on the USSR.

I have the same with 2 games as US; Germany simply does not attack because it is still engaged in Yugoslavia and/or Greece. In one game they finally attacked in 43, the other they declared war on SU in 42.
In earlier versions of AOD/CORE Germany invaded Yugoslavia once it had its troops deployed at the border; sometimes as early as november 1940. In the current version it seems the window between annexing Greece/Yugo and preparing for Barbarossa is a bit small; some stacks are still loitering around Leipzig in june 41.

one last thing: something is wrong with the pic of Wendell Willkie:
What size (bytes & pixels) is the M6036.bmp file in your mod-CORE2\gfx\interface\pics directory? I recall this being a problem some time ago, but since then fixed...

I just noticed that the manpower in conquered provinces doesn't drop anymore, giving me enormous amounts of manpower. for instance playing as Japan Shanghai still gives me 17MP.
I'm playing with the 1.06 final but with the beta3 exe(cause of the resource bug), is anybody else seeing this or should I do a reinstall?

mine is 5.71 KB (5,856 bytes) 38x50 (colorized version), pic looks fine except the rest of the pics in that folder are 36x50
Then that's the problem... It should be 36x50, otherwise you get the effect you're experiencing. Fixed for next version.

Im playing Germany using the release of 1.06 so far things are going good but I observed 1 bug so far. It happened as I was building a few Landwere Divisions, when I finished tevch and upgraded to a new model. My Garrison and normal infantry upgraded all right but the Reserve Divisions could be infinitly upgraded without changing to model just the completion date, and In order to get the new model i had to start a new line.

I ran into the same problem as Germany using 1.06b2 and CORE .50.17(?). I just assumed it was a random glitch, since I have only had it happen once. In my case, the production percentage and the completion date changed. I kept hitting the upgrade button, just to see if it had a cutoff point, but stopped after 30+ "upgrades", which pushed the completion date of the series back more than 3 weeks iirc, but did not upgrade the unit at all.

Im playing Germany using the release of 1.06 so far things are going good but I observed 1 bug so far. It happened as I was building a few Landwere Divisions, when I finished tevch and upgraded to a new model. My Garrison and normal infantry upgraded all right but the Reserve Divisions could be infinitly upgraded without changing to model just the completion date, and In order to get the new model i had to start a new line.
Due to the fact that we are using Militia for our Reserve slots... They won't upgrade somehow. Most likely an EXE issue.

Actually, the problem is that I had kept the game in French

How much man days would require making a french translation of CORE for a newb modder ?
No idea to be honest... Though it's probably not the hardest task, I presume. It would require revisiting the event files though - some of the texts are hard-coded as of now. And if you want to help out this way, get in contact with Armdchair - he's in charge of the translation department. :)

In AoD vanilla there is no upgrade of militia from 1936 to 1939. This only happens when INF lv. 1941 is researched. Since CORE uses the militia slot I´d assume this would be the reason why reserve units won´t upgrade at this point.

Actually, the problem is that I had kept the game in French

How much man days would require making a french translation of CORE for a newb modder ?

Let´s say by the time you are done you will no longer be a newbee but a veteran ...

To get an idea of the task, go to the config directory in mod-CORE2 and walk your way through the .csv files. Have a look at how many entries have French translations and how many don´t. Completing all entries in the .csv files would provide you with a version that gives either a French or an English text without any "unkown string wanted" messages.

What will remain in English are several hundred events where the text is entered directly in the event file and not via the .csv file.

If somebody really gets cracking on translations, we would be happy to include corrected files.

T.

In AoD vanilla there is no upgrade of militia from 1936 to 1939. This only happens when INF lv. 1941 is researched. Since CORE uses the militia slot I´d assume this would be the reason why reserve units won´t upgrade at this point.

No this is because militia has no retooling time.

Let´s say by the time you are done you will no longer be a newbee but a veteran ...

To get an idea of the task, go to the config directory in mod-CORE2 and walk your way through the .csv files. Have a look at how many entries have French translations and how many don´t. Completing all entries in the .csv files would provide you with a version that gives either a French or an English text without any "unkown string wanted" messages.

What will remain in English are several hundred events where the text is entered directly in the event file and not via the .csv file.

If somebody really gets cracking on translations, we would be happy to include corrected files.

T.

I lll try & send you up to date csv files with french version

Is CORE 0.50 for AoD Open Beta 4 (0.50.20) compatible with AoD 1.07? (As I understand there's not much difference between 1.06b3 with hotfix and 1.07, or am I mistaken?)

Was playing as the US last night.

Noticed Japan was really bogged down in china so after they DOW'd me in Aug of 41 I loaded them up to see what was going on.. couple of things.

Japan has about 50-60 divisions, about 45 of which are reserves, they had a total of 3 Infantry divisions, the rest garrisons. They are facing massive stacks of chinese units with very little to hold them back. In some cases its a 10-1 ratio. Frankly I can't believe they havent been booted out of China where they ampib assualted them.

All of Japans naval units are damaged, which is rather odd because they have only been at war with China so far? Why is the entire IJN operating damaged ships? Granted its minor damage but odd to say the least.

They have ~1300 manpower, nice... unfortunately they are hardly building any new divisions and the ones they are building are reserves.

They have very little IC and between repairs, upgrades and everything else they have about 20 allocated to building new units...

So.. Im wondering is this is normal? Does the AI Japan get some sort of boost Ive yet to see?

On a different note. Im continuing my germany game and was quite surprised to see the US AI (which dow'd me in the summer of 41) launch multiple invasion attempts. I threw them back in France but they steamrolled italy and I had to make several quick strategic redeploys from the eastern front to counter them, stopped them just before Rome and have now puched them back to sicilly. They also landed in Albania, sneaky buggers, overall Im quite impressed with my German game, cheers!

We have spent a lot of work on the Japanese AI.

We started off with Japan easily steamrolling China every time. To put it simple, the reason for this was that Japan was not building the historical fleet, putting everything into land units. With a lot of balancing we now have Japan at a point where it usually has pretty much the historical naval forces for a late 1941 DOW on the allies and has a roughly historical land penetration in China.

In most cases, Japan will reach about 80 land divisions. 60 overall is low, 100 is high. It depends on the course of the war. Japan will try to capture the industrial and commercial centers of China and will then scale back land unit production in favour of naval builds. So a successfull early war will result in a smaller land force than a slower progress in China.

Japan is set to produce mainly reserve divisions. 10 infantry divisions is what I normally see. They are also set to produce marine divisions but I have yet to see them do so.

China gets supplies via the Burma road and via Haiphong. Once French Indochina is ceded to Japan, this should hurt China a bit. If France survives longer than historical, China will be strengthened this way.

Generally, you need a couple of hands-off games to get a good impression of the average Japanese progression.

Damaged ships: Haven´t seen this (or haven´t looked really). Thanks for the info. I am not sure how to tell the navy to get to port more frequently (or how to wage a submarine war, but that is a question for GER rather than JAP).