• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 3: I Will Learn Damnit!

I am back with another update on my Bavarian campaign.

After suffering the massive defeat of my entire armed forces in a very noobish suicide run I have decided to simply re-build my armies and take on Hesse. Hesse you see is not a vassal of anyone else right now so if I play my cards right I can take over their 3 provinces and then vassalize them.

More income and yet another buffer between me and the Prussian army.

In the news, Trier has joined up against me in the war now. On the bright side of things, the enemy armies are no longer in one gigantic stack but I have learned my lesson in attacking the Prussians so I will be VERY cautious in the next manueavers.

Here is a map of the current going ons in the battlefield

The date is now January 1, 1732. (The game crashed and I had to reload at an autosave, nothing major was lost)

June 19, 1732 - While my troops are building up to the south to a force of 20 units I realize that I cannot afford to maintain them even at the lowest maintenance point now. I will have to minting. As I have my Ron Paul books taken away from me by my anti-fed-reserve friends I realize that I must win this war.

Good news: France is kicking ass in Trier, I will vassalize them as soon as I can.

19 August, 1732 - I finally reach full strength and we strike against the puny Hannoverian army. I demand a victory here.

VICTORY!!! THE BAVARIAN KINGDOM IS ONCE AGAIN INVINCIBLE!!! With the help of France of course.... they are losing their colonies to the UK right now unfortunately lol.

Once again I can say that the Prussian army is screwed with a straight face. France has mobilized against them in the Paltinate province of Worms. Things look great for our area now. I am now sending my stack of 20 units out to take on some Hannoverian provinces far from my own nation.

I win a quick battle against Hannover, reduce my War Exhaustion and gain 2 new vassals as well as lots of money and prestige.

I have captured Brunswich in a seige. I know they are just an English vassal but I need the forward base to resupply my troops. From here I will go to battle with the 2 enemy armies that you see here:

Now that Trier is under me as a Vassal I am next in line to become the HRE's Emperor. Once the Austrian guy croaks I will rule the HRE with an iron fist and really take over the world! I could get used to being called "Emperor" hehehe. My confidence is building back up again.

I finally get my revenge against the Prussian army. I defeat significant number of them on July 28, 1733 in Altmark. I then wipe them out next month in Rupping. I am truly the rightful king to lead the Germanic peoples to glory!

January 13, 1734 NEWS UPDATE!!!
Wurttemburg and Modena join the war against me and France. Wurttemburg storms my borders and wipes out 2000 of my fresh troops. I have rallied the other ones in the home provinces together and we have pushed them out and now we are laying seige to both Wurttemburgian provinces. Modena will be the next one... I really need more vassals, they add to your force limit and basically you get free income!

Wurttemburg is now my vassal baby!

Once again I defeat a large stack of Prussian Troops, I have also captured Altmark and now moved onto Ruppin.

I have 40k troops in 2 stacks. I will move one down south to Modena to vassalize them. Slowly I will capture all of Prussia. Unfortunately for France they have lost maybe a dozen or so colonies to UK and Denmark. Not my problem noob

Oh crap! I am torn between greed and bloodlust to capture Modena VS my desire to not have denmark and UK turn their heads my way. Lets see how far greed and bloodlust gets me! I have killed thousands more in small battles against Prussia and Hannover but I worry about the UK and Denmark landing troops on the coasts and moving them down towards me :S

I immediately send diplomats out to all my vassals and form new alliances with them. If the english and danes make a move against me then I must be ready to call them all in at the same time. Frankfurt has also declared war on me but they are isolated by my neutral vassals. They shall be my last vassal (after Modena!) before I ask for a White Peace with Prussia or perhaps even a tiny bit of tribute ;) Greedy and bloody I may be, I am winning at the moment guys! Lets keep the party going!

I assaulted the walls of Modena, costing me a massive 5k lives but this army must move northward to assault Frankfurt now! They are quickly vassalized. Rupping is also captured in Prussia, this is my 2nd Prussian province! I feel like I can accomplish anything now!

I white peace out with Denmark & UK!!! They can tell that a new superpower has been born and its best to get out of its way! This leaves just Hannover (personal union with UK? what? i thought this WP would get them too..), Frankfurt (once my army reaches their OPM crap kingdom they are done and of course Prussia... Maybe I will be greedy and take Hannover and Prussia as well!

To remind myself of how close I am to being wiped out at any time I win this last battle against Hannover and Prussia by the skin of my teeth. Morale nearly gave out completely but the seige against Frankfurt is over and now that army will join up with the one in the north and really put the screws on Prussia and Hannover.

With my armies weakened I call in EVERY ally that I have! France is still my Ally but I send her some money to keep her happy after her massive defeats during this war.

I would love to have better quality troops overall, I can deal with the revolt risk in such a small kingdom.

Oh my goodness, they will kill me eventually... I have to figure something out quickly.... I know! More soldiers!!!

Can you support that many soldiers? The money you get from vassals is pretty much nothing.

And that general you got, he is better used sieging since he is quite the lousy fighter. :)

At the rate you are vassalizing, you'll be facing a badboy war. Going over the infamy limit is painful, so don't get too greedy. Anyway, you're doing awesome so far. :)

You're losing a lot more men in these battles...for a small country that's pretty unsustainable!

Nice progress though. Vassalisation is good within the Empire.

Good job for a n00b. Remember to disband a lot of your army after the war. You don't want to go bankrupt.

Assuming you can get your economic and infamy problems under control, Bavaria should have a bright future ahead of it.

Let me put your infamy concerns to rest. This war lasted a total of 13 years.... the infamy would creep up and reach the "yellow" color but always drift back down. I do have the national idea to reduce infamy as well. Economically I am making MORE from my vassals than from my own taxation as well. I will bring this up in the next update that is coming.... NOW.

Chapter 4: The Dawn of Bavarian Supremacy

Here is the latest update on my Bavarian game:

I am finally in the position to win the war against Prussia.

I ended up wiping out their meek armies and taking every west-Prussian province. A war with The Hansa-Poland-Denmark broke out but it was ended quickly.

Finally the longest war the world has ever seen is finally over. I know I could have gotten a peace sooner but I am too hardcore for that. I wanted to take as much prestige, money, etc from these losers as I possibly could. When I was done with them; Prussian Revolutionaries rose up but were quickly put down and they still converted back to Protestantism... Here are the war stats now!!

Bavarian Conquest of Ansbach
-----
Battles: 119
Total Dead: 453779
Attacker (My Side's) Dead: 225077
Defender Dead: 228702
Difference in Losses: 3625
Ratio of Losses: 1.5850320504411854727986637600
Average Losses per Battle: 3813.268908
Average Loss per Day: 92.212762
War Start Date: 11/1/1728
War End Date: 4/22/1742
Total Length: 13 years, 5 months, 22 days
Attack Battles Won: 72
Defender Battles Won: 47
Bloodiest Battle: In Münster, on 6/10/1741, 25032 dead, Attacker wins
Attackers: BAV, FRA, BAD, PAL, TRI, WUR, WBG, MOD, HES, FRN, BRE, BRU
Defenders: ANS, GBR, BRU, HAN, PAL, WBG, PRU, DAN, BAD, HES, TRI, WUR, MOD, FRN
Province with most battles: Ruppin, 9 battles

This is all because I wanted to take back Ansbach LOLOL. I now have that province and a core on it allong with the following vassals:
Trier
Paltinate
Wurzburg
Modena
Baden
Hesse
Wurttemburg

During the war infamy was never a big problem dispite all the vassalizations going on. 13 years is very spread out and it let the infamy cool off nicely. I now make MORE money from vassals than my own taxation!

Now that is what I call a war ;)
I obviously used comagoosie's EU3 Stats Generator: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?401666-EU3-Stats-Generator

Immediately after this battle I disbanded the majority of the Bavarian armed forces. They served and died honorably to capture Ansbach. The end of this battle also marked the end of any major events in Bavaria's history for the next 13 years... then this happened...

From here I must focus on getting more imperial authority fast. Does anyone know a good strategy for doing this? I also plan to diplo-annex the Paltinate as I currently have a mission to take over Pfalz, it gives me a core so why not? I changed government type to Administrative Monarchy and changed two national ideas to Scientific Revolution and Regimental System. I must be able to fight against dirty funny talking foreigners who own HRE land. Give me some advice on gaining authority fast. We are less than 70 years away from the game's end and when that hits I will re-roll everything again!

I see no option for religious unity in the diplomatic options list :/
Is there a condition for it to appear? Without this I am going to be at a huge disatvantage lol.

it has to be a country of heretical religion inside of the HRE.

it has to be a country of heretical religion inside of the HRE.

What he said. Look at your north German neighbors -- if you start in the 1770s there should be some protestants among them.

I see that I forgot to post the picture... Protestantism has spread across the HRE like crazy, several of my vassals are Protestant as well.

I select them but I cannot see the religious unity option. I have a screenshot of it, just not posted. Are you sure there is no condition for it to show up?

I see that I forgot to post the picture... Protestantism has spread across the HRE like crazy, several of my vassals are Protestant as well.

I select them but I cannot see the religious unity option. I have a screenshot of it, just not posted. Are you sure there is no condition for it to show up?

Should be towards the very bottom -- Enforce Religious Unity. It'll be there even if they aren't Protestant -- it'll just be greyed out. Thanks for the link to the stats generator!

Please take a look at that picture. I do not see "unity" anywhere in the list. Maybe my eyes are messed up or I am just ignoring it lol. I sincerely don't see it. I am a Catholic HRE emperor and I have selected a Saxon province. They are Protestant and yet I do not see it in the list.

If it is not there it may be a bug. I will have to make a thread about this in the tech support section then...