• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(110502)

Private
5 Badges
Aug 10, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
So I know that Paradox doesn't make the games for a Mac, and it is a third party, but is there a way to install mods on a Mac? Whatever company does the porting eventually comes out with patches so I have whatever that last(non beta) patch. I've tried overwriting the files (after backup) wiht the victoria rebalance... mod but the game does not start: if revert to backed up files it does in fact start- do I need to put them into another folder?

Virginiatiger

Last edited:
I am very interested in this as well. I just bought a MacBook Pro, 15inch with the 256 video card. Should I still get Windows and try to play through Bootcamp?

Any thoughts on how portable the mods are to Mac? I played HOI2 extensively and usually played through bootcamp because the mods are so valuable and I didn't know if I could port them to Mac.

Best,

Mike

I think you should just use bootcamp, saves a bunch of hassle and if you are planning to have multiple paradox games, well they will get patched quicker.

Since the .mod system doesn't seem to work anyway, its just a matter of creating a replica of the fresh install folder and slotting in everything folder by folder, or using a file merger. I use Araxis Merge to combine mods, my own mod mix is a combination of about 12 mini and medium sized mods.

There seems to be no difference modding on a mac than on PC, except that the 1.4 patch hasn't been ported yet, and a few of the newer mods are based on this patch rather than 1.3, which is the latest mac patch port.

Did you download it from the Mac App Store, or is it a boxed version? I'm not sure how Vicky runs from the App Store. Does it have the launcher? I think bootcamp is the best thing you can do to get it to run properly. I use it to play all my games on my 2010 Macbook.

Hopefully Paradox will start porting games to the mac, that way they could gain more fans and users.