+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Win a trip for two to the “city in motion” of your choice!

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Win a trip for two to the “city in motion” of your choice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	zipinstructions.png
Views:	663
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	33760

Are you a world traveler with a passion for mass transit? Have you already been creating your urban transportation utopia with the map editor for Cities in Motion?

Well then, this is the contest for you! Submit your own “Cities in Motion” customized map and win a trip (flight + hotel) for two to any of the European cities featured in the game! Whether Vienna, Helsinki, Berlin or Amsterdam takes your fancy, the city of your choice is waiting for you and here’s the chance to see it firsthand!

To enter, please follow these simple steps:

- Use the attached instructions to help you create a .zip file for your map
    - Post your map here in this thread with a short introduction to the map and/or yourself
    - To increase your chances further, post a link to your map on the Cities in Motion FB page http://www.facebook.com/CitiesinMotion

Submit by: DEADLINE APRIL 15
    Yes, means you can submit your maps on Friday as well.

Winners will be announced on the forum, FB and Twitter approximately two weeks after deadline.

A jury comprised of members from Colossal Order and Paradox Interactive will choose the winner.

Good luck!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conditions:
    - By submitting my game map, I automatically accept the rules and conditions of this contest.
    - By submitting a game map, I verify that said game map was created by entrant.
    - Entrants must be over 18 years old, or travel with legal guardian (proof will be required).
    - Paradox reserves the right to choose airline and hotel , and prize must be claimed no later than December 2011. Potential tax on the grand prize will be responsibility of the winner.
    - Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order are granted full access to use the submitted maps and select a winner.
    - If selected as our winner, you must verify in writing that you claim full responsibility for yourself and your travel companion and waive any further claims for compensation on said trip once Paradox Interactive has booked your flights and accommodation.
    - Selected winning submissions will be final and cannot be overruled or questioned.

This contest is not open to employees of Paradox Interactive AB or Colossal Order Ltd and its subsidiary companies and all other persons engaged with this competition, their immediate families, and relatives living in an employee's household.

Rights in Submissions:
    By submitting your entry to this contest, each Entrant hereby grants Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order the non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display the submitted game map.

Each Entrant releases Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith.
    Last edited by Susana; 14-04-2011 at 12:55.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IISword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    War of the RosesV2 BetaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

What an awesome way to further the modding aspect of the game - good luck to all contributors of cities for the contest.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Glad you approve :-). Obviously people who have already created maps are welcome to upload them as well, doesn't have to be new creations.

I should get working on a map...

Questions:
    Can i invite you on my hoilday susana :P
    no but seriously:
    1. How will you judge the maps? is it creative, look, detail, style, flow, no traffic jamzz etc etc
    2. Can australians Create? coz i am one of them
    3. Rules to size of the map, does bigger mean better chance or ?
    4. Does it have to be real life copy of a city or our imagination?
    EDIT 5. Can we enter more then once?
    EDIT AGAIN 6. Can the winner of the map be featured in an official patch by paradox (thats what i always wanted, my 5mins of fame)

think thats all
    Last edited by Naked_Gamer; 25-03-2011 at 16:11.

1. How will you judge the maps? is it creative, look, detail, style, flow, no traffic jamzz etc etc
    All of the above!

2. Can australians Create? coz i am one of them
    Sure!

3. Rules to size of the map, does bigger mean better chance or ?
    Nope, better is better, size is just…

4. Does it have to be real life copy of a city or our imagination?
    Either will do!

5. Can we enter more then once?
    Sure, each map is a valid entry. Remember; Quality over Quantity.

And unfortunately I'm not eligable to take part of the prize since I am a Paradox Employee ;-) but thanks for thinking of me!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2

Can maps containing content created by players take part in this contest? I mean, those using the build-addon or regions, created by the players, if the map'll be sent with the addons folder?

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    A simply amazing contest! A big hug to the two companies.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Great idea for competition!

And reading the terms with this, it seems that they'll be distributing the winner map in some form
    My maps:
    Cornshire

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Magicka

Sry i didnt see, that i should post it in another post, just delete it.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Hey, if he lives in that town, winning a trip there might be kind of strange... Maybe design Rio instead. :-)
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Bel_Alex View Post
    Can maps containing content created by players take part in this contest? I mean, those using the build-addon or regions, created by the players, if the map'll be sent with the addons folder?
    i would like to know this as well
    Bucharest MAP MOD - The first map with a GROWING city!!!

The first community site dedicated to everyone speaking English: Cities in Motion Exchange

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

A great initiative! I just wish I had time to sit down and make a great map.
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0Ł
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Fantastic idea for a contest.

Question, if I win and pick Helsinki would that include a trip to CO headquarters?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayapo View Post
    Fantastic idea for a contest.

Question, if I win and pick Helsinki would that include a trip to CO headquarters?
    LOL i don't think they thought of that. But it is a good idea though. A tour of CO HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    LOL i don't think they thought of that. But it is a good idea though. A tour of CO HQ.
    In the end, there's gotta be a reason to chose Helsinki.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

As someone with no artistic ability who is still trying to figure out how to get an underground metro line to connect to an elevated one, I'm not thrilled with the restriction on this contest, but good luck to those who enter. After visiting Iceland, Norway and Sweden, I'd love to see Helsinki.

Quote Originally Posted by woz View Post
    Hah, we'll it would be quite a short tour then. Our HQ is not the biggest offices, you know...

And remember we are located in Tampere, which is 1,5 hours train trip from Helsinki

Quote Originally Posted by co_martsu View Post
    Hah, we'll it would be quite a short tour then. Our HQ is not the biggest offices, you know...

And remember we are located in Tampere, which is 1,5 hours train trip from Helsinki
    5 man staff?^^

Hi, I would wonder if it is valid to participate in the contest used as a base of the original maps of the game, for example the map of the tutorial. Excuse my bad English. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast