• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After not being able to get into EU3 or Vicky2 I took a punt and bought Rome gold off steam for £8 and I've not been disappointed, steam shows 24 hours played so far. The one thing I find it is lacking in through is controlling a family as they change too often with the government type, I've not been able to find a decent enough consul to kick start a dictatorship. This game and CK2 are now top of my list just because of that family/dynasty management, I don't think I have seen a none paradox game do something like this with any meaningful depth, Shogun 2 from CA touches on it, and they have done just enough to warrant making it one of their features on the box, but Senguko looks like it takes all the good parts of CK, EU, Rome, and Shogun 2 and mixes them into the same game.

Right now the only games I'm really looking forward to and getting even the smallest bit hyped for are Paradox titles, keep on supporting your games after launch with patches and expansions, keep on taking feedback from the forums for those expansions and patches, and keep on making great games with unique features which set you apart from other developers and I will keep on buying your games.

Also, make another expansion for hoi3 after FtM, KTHXBYE

After not being able to get into EU3 or Vicky2 I took a punt and bought Rome gold off steam for £8 and I've not been disappointed, steam shows 24 hours played so far. The one thing I find it is lacking in through is controlling a family as they change too often with the government type, I've not been able to find a decent enough consul to kick start a dictatorship. This game and CK2 are now top of my list just because of that family/dynasty management, I don't think I have seen a none paradox game do something like this with any meaningful depth, Shogun 2 from CA touches on it, and they have done just enough to warrant making it one of their features on the box, but Senguko looks like it takes all the good parts of CK, EU, Rome, and Shogun 2 and mixes them into the same game.

Right now the only games I'm really looking forward to and getting even the smallest bit hyped for are Paradox titles, keep on supporting your games after launch with patches and expansions, keep on taking feedback from the forums for those expansions and patches, and keep on making great games with unique features which set you apart from other developers and I will keep on buying your games.

Also, make another expansion for hoi3 after FtM, KTHXBYE

If that's the kind of thing you're looking for (in-depth family relationships, etc), then CK sounds like it would definately be up your alley. The family system is quite similar to Rome's, but with more control over the characters. I'm assuming that CK2, and possibly Sengoku, will be quite similar in that regard.

I hope this game is inspired by James Clavell book Shogun :)
Would be fun to play game where diplomacy and alliances and deception of enemys are important aspects and battle is just stage where all those decision in years before come to reality

I nearly missed the new game :).

Both, the Total War series and Paradox, make the games I have always wanted to play. As far as Paradox makes sure their games have more depth than the strategic part of the respective Total War Games I will play both.