+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Interface] a new frame for the large shield

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

[Interface] a new frame for the large shield

Minefield's Europa Universalis III Interface Mod
    (current version: 0.05)

hi folks,

I've been looking on the shield in the topbar for a few hundred hours now and I needed a change. So I started to search the forums and the net and found some nice images for a new frame.

As this is getting bigger then expected I now find myself making an interface mod for EUIII.

2011/04/09: updated to v0.05
    changelog:
    • stability icon lightened
    • new icon for legitimacy
    • new icon for the coins
    • some positions tweaked

2011/04/02: updated to v0.04
    changelog:
    • no sidebars at the top anymore. they were empty so I removed them.
    • a new centered topbar
    • new icons for most of the information in the topbar
    • moved the date to the center next to the shield

Screenshot of v0.04 (click to enlarge):

Download: minefields_eu3_interfacemod_v005.rar (made for EU3 v5.0)

Future plans:
    I'm working on new icons for the resources and of course the icons for prestige, infamy and the ninja will be replaced soon.
    I'm not really satisified with the current frame of the coat of arms. There are still some other arms possible. If there is any interest in them, I can upload one or more arms-specific versions. (A version with the fifth arms will be availible soon)
    Last edited by minefield; 13-04-2011 at 07:37. Reason: update

Europa Universalis III: Coat of Arms, Interface, Screenshots
    Victoria II: Flags
    Terra Maiorum (EU3 Map Project): Denmark, British Isles, Caucasus

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I like the second last one
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneRise of Prussia

I chose number four. Below is a screenshot showing how it looks ingame.

The screenshot shows further a centered and modded topbar. How does it look?

edit: does anybody know if it's possible to add information about the form of government to the topbar?

Darkest Hour Team & Lead GFX Inner Circle's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    This looks really great!

DARKEST HOUR
    1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

I played a few hours yesterday with the centered interface. It's a bit annoying as I'm trying to click on the arms at the old place in the upper left. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the new position...

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

With the exception of the less than perfect flag blending in (in vanilla the flag would look more natural inside the shield, here it looks like it could use a little tweaking) it looks fantastic. One of the better interface mods. Just one question though; how do the drop down menus look? Screenies are welcome

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Couple of Questions/suggestions:

The numbers next to the pics (like stability, legitimacy) Look wonky. Wondered if you could expand the box so that all the numbers are lined up. Make sure that the flag stays in center however.

Your mod looks spectacular. When you release it for download can if I can please Merge it into the MCP modification? You can find a link in my signature .
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

I'm still working on the dropdown menus, unfortunately I'm facing some problems as most information shown in the menus seem to be hardcoded. Further there came a new interface with the latest beta patch so I'll have to redo some edits for the new menus. But as I can't be sure the changes will stay in when PI releases the next official patch I can't release anything...

About the topbar:
    I changed only some icons, edited the rest just be visible at all. If all icons are replaced, I'll tweak the positions.
    The shield looks flat because I didn't tweak the alpha channel by now to give it the glossy look.

But more important: Can someone help me with some basic information about editing the EU3 interface?
    For example: when I centered the menu I thought about adding government information to the left side of the nation's shield but the call for it (like in the governments-menu) seems to be hardcoded. Is this correct? Or is there a way to display government info?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    This looks great! Too bad about the flags themselves not being centred.

Quote Originally Posted by th3freakie View Post
    This looks great! Too bad about the flags themselves not being centred.
    wait...what? the flags are centered.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any chance you'll throw in an testing version?

(To be honest, i'm dying to try out that interface, it's just darn sexy)
    Graphic Designer on the Elder Kings Dev Team

"If you are the Sultan, come and lead your armies. If I am the Sultan I hereby order you to come and lead my armies" Mehmed II to his father and former Sultan; Murad II, before the Battle of Varna

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    wait...what? the flags are centered.
    Not really mate. I mean in general for EU3. Bit offcentered to the left.

so to solve that I should set the CoA and it's mask to a width of 129px instead of 128px?

For The Glory

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minefield View Post
    so to solve that I should set the CoA and it's mask to a width of 129px instead of 128px?
    I guess you could try, but knowing nothing about modding EU3 I can't guarantee it would work. It could just cause your graphics card to explode.

THIS MOD DOES NOT CHANGE THE CHECKSUM!

as requested i made a quick testversion, but NOT with the centered version by now.
    see the screenshot below:

download interface testversion (v0.01):
    - download removed due to a newer version -

please note: the mapoverlay you can see in the screenshot is not part of the downloadable testversion.
    Last edited by minefield; 10-04-2011 at 13:10.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Nice

Any chance you can make test versions of the other shields?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePutty View Post
    Any chance you can make test versions of the other shields?
    which shield do you prefer?

I liked the 5th one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast