+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Clausewitz Save Game and Scenario Editor/Viewer

Thank you for the help!

The config reads:

#Note: Lines beginning with a # are comments and are ignored by the program.

#Game directory definition
    #Uncomment the one that fits your needs, or put in your own.
    #maindir = "C:/Program Files/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis 3/"
    maindir = "C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/europa universalis iii - complete"
    #maindir = "C:/Games/Victoria 2 - DEMO/"
    #maindir = "C:/Games/Hearts of Iron 3 - Demo/"
    #maindir = "C:/Games/Rome - Demo/"

#Game version
    #Valid entries are "EU3 Vanilla" (valid also for NA), "In Nomine", "HTTT",
    #"Divine Wind", "Victoria 2", "HOI3", or "Rome"
    gameversion = "EU3 Vanilla"

and the version is (Steam) EU3 v3.2 (jcsr)

The game version in config.txt should be set to "In Nomine" for EU3 Complete.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor New! EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

That did it! Thank you very much!!!

Corporal
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Attempting to run this for the first time with a fresh install of EU3 Complete (which would be up to IN). It's installed in x86 Program Files, but I don't expect that's the problem. Have 32-bit Java 1.6 on 64-bit Windows 7, so followed instructions to handle that. Also upped it to 1024m, and config is set for "In Nomine". Do not have mod directory set, is commented out (is it necessary to set it?), and have not yet made any save games; completely fresh install. And when I say COMPLETELY FRESH, I mean I haven't even run it yet.

Had a couple issues with it but managed to resolve them by looking through the various threads with Google, now runs fine up to :
    Code:
    Reading map...
    Done.
    Loading province history...
    Done.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at editor.EditorUI.setDataSource<EditorUI.java:110>
    at editor.EditorUI.<init><EditorUI.java:6>
    at editor.Main.main<Main.java:47>
    And that's the point at which Google stops being helpful.

The editor is attempting to read the start date from defines.txt and, apparently, failing. Perhaps my memory of IN's format was wrong. Can you post the start_date bit from defines.txt?

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor New! EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    The editor is attempting to read the start date from defines.txt and, apparently, failing. Perhaps my memory of IN's format was wrong. Can you post the start_date bit from defines.txt?
    Note IN changed the date format. IN 3.0 and 3.1 started with an old format then the later 3.2 IN patch used the new format used by HTT and DW.

OLD:

start_date = {
    year=1399
    month=9
    day=13
    }

end_date = {
    year=1821
    month=1
    day=1
    }

NEW:

start_date = 1399.10.14
    end_date = 1821.1.1

If the user is using IN 3.0 or IN 3.1 they should update to IN 3.2 as 3.2 was stable and fixed a lot of issues if I remember correctly.

Corporal
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Wasn't aware that had changed, thanks. Runs if I tell it that it's HTTT, but of course no idea if that would introduce any problems.

Now that I've gotten it to run, I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Is there perhaps some easier way to use it that I'm not aware of, in particular, when building mods that change values for each and every (land) province? Or am I trying to make it do something it shouldn't do?

It's great that all the history information is accessible, but it seems like auto-loading it in a subscreen on the right (left, top, bottom, something) would improve things. Although it would help if the history files were standardized and always had (just for instance, not real values) manpower on line 12, base tax on line 10, etc (they don't), it really ought to be possible to simply fetch the relevant information and display it without any excess. Granted, some of us prefer to mod things that others don't, but couldn't we select the pieces of information to fetch in options or something?

And then there's the issue of actually editing...manual entry is so slow. A drop down would be wonderful, for base tax, manpower, trade goods, and some other things, but even a +/- button (essentially cycling, in the instance of trade goods) would make things much quicker. For citysize, +/- buttons similar to those used to set the game's start date would be perfect.
    Controller/owner is about the only thing that might still need manual entry, simply by virtue of there being so many to choose from, but this could conceivably be narrowed down quite a bit if (by default, but changeable) one could only select neighboring countries.

Personally, the map is great, but I'd be perfectly happy with an alphabetical or numerical listing with the above feature set. However, I suppose I may be in the minority there.

I have tried editing the province history files longhand before and eventually had to resort to automation, but it's still a large time investment, although it no longer gives me carpal tunnel.

Apologies if I'm asking too much-but editing ~1200 provinces is a bit of a headache. Maybe just consider these feature requests?
    I guess I'm just wondering why it's not possible to one-click change the item that you're viewing when you're in a view, i.e. change base tax when in base tax view, etc.

And just in case it seems like I'm complaining too much...thanks for all your work on this, it really is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Threshold; 23-07-2011 at 04:53.

Okay, so when I try and opn the scenerio editor, ist opening en russian or somthing

Russian Java.jpg

First Lieutenant VenetianPriest's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm getting the following error as I attempt to load a saved game from 1449; I can open an earlier time frame in this scenario.

Loading saved game...
    Loading C:\Games\Europa Universalis III - Copy\save games\Scandinavia1449_09_01.
    eu3.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at eug.shared.GenericObject.addString(GenericObject.j ava:583)
    at eug.parser.CWordFile.readObject(CWordFile.java:263 )
    at eug.parser.CWordFile.load(CWordFile.java:191)
    at eug.parser.EUGFileIO.load(EUGFileIO.java:43)
    at eug.specific.eu3.EU3SaveGame.loadSaveGame(EU3SaveG ame.java:52)
    at editor.EditorUI.setDataSource(EditorUI.java:167)
    at editor.EditorUI.<init>(EditorUI.java:67)
    at editor.Main.main(Main.java:47)
    Igitur ecclesiae unius et unicae unum corpus, unum caput, non duo capita, quasi monstrum.

Quote Originally Posted by VenetianPriest View Post
    I'm getting the following error as I attempt to load a saved game from 1449; I can open an earlier time frame in this scenario.

Loading saved game...
    Loading C:\Games\Europa Universalis III - Copy\save games\Scandinavia1449_09_01.
    eu3.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    You can solve this by editing the .bat file as described in readme.txt. Or, if you're running the .jar file directly, try running the .bat file.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I want to run it with Airotciv but when I try all I get is this error message:

Sounds like you've been editing dw_decisions.csv with Excel. Notepad is the way to go for any text files in EU3.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesEuropa Universalis IV

How do I copy the 1399 GC scenario, rename it, and then do my editing and then save the new scenario? It doesn't have any options for this as far as I can tell.

There should be a guide in the stickies about making your own mod; I'm not going to run through the whole process here. You can make an empty mod with history set to "extend" or "replace"; then any history file you edit will automatically be created in the mod directory.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Offtopic posts moved to a new thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ntry-via-event
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    Offtopic posts moved to a new thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ntry-via-event
    Thanks.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Having an issue where the scenario editor hangs up when I try to switch to poliical mode, endlessly repeating :

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at editor.MapPanelDataModel.getLinesInProv(MapPanelDa taModel.java:163)
    at editor.MapPanel.paintProvince(MapPanel.java:152)
    at editor.mapmode.PoliticalMode.paintProvince(Politic alMode.java:37)
    at editor.mapmode.ProvincePaintingMode.paint(Province PaintingMode.java:48)
    at editor.mapmode.MapMode.paint(MapMode.java:46)
    at editor.MapPanel.paintComponent(MapPanel.java:129)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JViewport.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubl eBuffered(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unkn own Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unkno wn Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unkno wn Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.seqPaintDirtyRegions(Un known Source)
    at javax.swing.SystemEventQueueUtilities$ComponentWor kRequest.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm running a modified map. The problem is with the map, as the whole thing ran fine until I changed the map. Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be?
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

I believe the editor is rather badly handling the case when a defined province does not actually appear on the map image. Unfortunately, the error message leaves much to be desired.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Likely that, yes.

Well, either that or the editor badly handling the definition files having duplicate province IDs in it (I had accidentally identified a province 2059 twice). Either way it works now.
    NEWSFLASH: If you ever said "It's called EUROPA Universalis" as sole justification for blatant misrepresentation of the RoW: you're likely on my ignore list.
    Age of Discovery: The World beyond Europe
    30 native hordes in North America, warring city states in Mexico: a mod about the world 15th century Europe was about to encounter...
    KIA by the Prix in BlueEmu's Ad Astra, 2nd character underway.

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I have a small request. Let the scenario editor read localization files in the same way EU3 does: the first encounter of a localization variable is what is being used. At the moment, the scenario editor uses the latest localization variables it encounters.

I am delveloping a mod with a modded map and I want to change the name of a province. I put the vanilla text.csv in the mods' localization folder together with a text file called eg. 1-mod.csv where I have modded the name of PROV1. Since 1-mod.csv is read before text.csv, the game uses our modded name. However, when I open my mod with scenario editor it still uses the province name from text.csv. If I make a copy of 1-mod.csv to x-mod.csv, scenario editor now uses the modded province name.

Well, I can use a copy of my modded localization files with another name when using scenario editor, but that is only a workaround. Also, this "bug" is also present in the position editor.

Other than that, I love your tools.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast