+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Clausewitz Save Game and Scenario Editor/Viewer

Does Victoria 2 allow province history files to be in /history/provinces or must they always be in a subfolder? Can the subfolders be named arbitrarily in mods or must they be the same as vanilla?

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. — I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    Does Victoria 2 allow province history files to be in /history/provinces or must they always be in a subfolder? Can the subfolders be named arbitrarily in mods or must they be the same as vanilla?
    It have to be in a folder. i don't know what would happen if someone uses a new folder and put provinces in. I will check.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Vicky will load the files from the root history/provinces folder (tested just now by copying a single folders contents to the root), and these folders can be named arbitrarily. I imagine Paradox grouped them in generally nation/region specific folders due to the sheer number of files. Vanilla Vicky has Seuz (ala canal) in the China folder last I rooted through it and it loads Suez in the correct place.

The real problem isn't the editor saving in the base folder, more that it will try to load both the base folder files and the subfolder files at once. If the subfolder file was renamed and the new file dumped in the root folder it wouldn't be an issue at all, files can be quickly moved to the correct folder.

All right, but editing existing files still shouldn't move the file out into the main folder. I'll get both of those bugs fixed.

Any takers to try it with HOI3 or Rome?

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

I had a quick look with an old Rome savegame, and it seems to work fine. However when I tried to load a Vicy2 some betapatch (can't remember which one exactly) savegame I got an error:

Code:
    64-bit detected

D:\Games\Europa Universalis\Clausewitz Scenario Editor>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\java.
    exe -Xmx512m -jar EU3_Scenario_Editor.jar
    Loading D:\Games\Europa Universalis\Clausewitz Scenario Editor\config.txt.
    Loading took 7543397 ns.

Loading config.txt.
    Loading took 593890 ns.

Map file is D:/Games/Europa Universalis/Victoria 2\map/default.map
    Loading D:/Games/Europa Universalis/Victoria 2\map/default.map.
    Loading took 19260433 ns.

Main EU3 directory is D:/Games/Europa Universalis/Victoria 2\
    Mod directory is D:/Games/Europa Universalis/Victoria 2\
    Reading map...
    Done.
    Loading saved game...
    Loading D:\Games\Europa Universalis\Victoria 2\save games\Oranje1932_11_22 .v2.
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
            at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)
            at eug.parser.EUGScanner.getIdent(EUGScanner.java:354)
            at eug.parser.EUGScanner.lastStr(EUGScanner.java:437)
            at eug.parser.CWordFile.getNextToken(CWordFile.java:120)
            at eug.parser.CWordFile.readObject(CWordFile.java:225)
            at eug.parser.CWordFile.load(CWordFile.java:191)
            at eug.parser.EUGFileIO.load(EUGFileIO.java:43)
            at eug.specific.victoria2.Vic2SaveGame.loadSaveGame(Vic2SaveGame.java:35
    )
            at editor.EditorUI.setDataSource(EditorUI.java:159)
            at editor.EditorUI.<init>(EditorUI.java:73)
            at editor.Main.main(Main.java:47)

Can you increase the heap size as described in the readme and try again? If your machine is capable of running V2, you probably have enough memory to do the job if you let the program use it.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

it wont load up for me, says editor.main isnt there program will exit

Quote Originally Posted by kleven316 View Post
    it wont load up for me, says editor.main isnt there program will exit
    Try re-downloading.

i re downloaded, this is what i got:

Did you run the configuration utility or edit config.txt? It sounds like it's set up to use a mod but there isn't a mod name specified.

You can see a little bit above the error message that it's trying to read the map file from (EU3 folder)\mod\map\default.map. This is obviously the wrong place; either there should be a mod name in there somewhere or else \mod shouldn't be there.
    Last edited by MichaelM; 03-04-2011 at 05:01.

i got it to play regular thing!
    i like it alot
    thanks

0.7.2 is now out!

Changelog:
    Code:
    Added:
    - Colors of scaling mapmodes (e.g. population or base tax) are now editable.

Changed:
    - The buildings and cultures menu will now split into submenus if necessary.

Bugfixes:
    - The date is now set properly at startup.
    - Editing Victoria 2 and HOI3 province history files should now work properly
      with the subfolder system.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    0.7.2 is now out!

Changelog:
    Code:
    Added:
    - Colors of scaling mapmodes (e.g. population or base tax) are now editable.

Changed:
    - The buildings and cultures menu will now split into submenus if necessary.

Bugfixes:
    - The date is now set properly at startup.
    - Editing Victoria 2 and HOI3 province history files should now work properly
      with the subfolder system.
    That is great news. Updating right now!
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Thanks a lot
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

A question, if you change the owner of the province, why doesn't the political map get updated (The province is still shown as being under the old owner although when i load up the save i can see that the change did apply)?

Also when on the political map mode, when I click a province, I get the country description of the owner of the province. It would be way more user friendly if i got the province description when i do that.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton de Vid View Post
    A question, if you change the owner of the province, why doesn't the political map get updated (The province is still shown as being under the old owner although when i load up the save i can see that the change did apply)?
    Left-click on a province and it'll be updated.

Also when on the political map mode, when I click a province, I get the country description of the owner of the province. It would be way more user friendly if i got the province description when i do that.
    If you are on the "Countries" map mode, and you double click on a province, it is logical you get directed to a country history file. If you left-click on the province, you can go under the map to the button that'll lead you to the province history file. Otherwise, just go to the "Provinces" map mode.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

For me personally its more logical to be directed to the province description when I'm on the political map mode, since the only reason the be there it to switch owners and not to look at the countries. Not to mention editing the country description is an event less frequently repeated then editing the province description. I should atleast have the liberty to either chose what i want to happen once i click the province or there should be a "country map mode" and a "political map mode" to chose from.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Left-click on a province and it'll be updated.
    You sure? I changed the owner of the province and clicked on it after that. The province didn't change the color on the country map.

EDIT: Any idea why the editor gets super lagy in the country map mode but works normaly in the province map mode?

For me personally its more logical to be directed to the province description when I'm on the political map mode, since the only reason the be there it to switch owners and not to look at the countries. Not to mention editing the country description is an event less frequently repeated then editing the province description. I should atleast have the liberty to either chose what i want to happen once i click the province or there should be a "country map mode" and a "political map mode" to chose from.
    As gigau said, you can just single-click on the province and then click the "Show province history" button. It's not quite as convenient as double-clicking, of course.

You sure? I changed the owner of the province and clicked on it after that. The province didn't change the color on the country map.
    Under the Tools menu there is an option to reload province and country data. Normally, the data is loaded once at startup and then not after that unless a file is being edited. It would be a good idea to have the editor reload any file that is saved, though.

EDIT: Any idea why the editor gets super lagy in the country map mode but works normaly in the province map mode?
    In province mode, all it's doing is showing an image. In country mode it has to check through the history of every province to see who the last owner is. (Religion mode is the slowest since it has to find the last religion, find the last owner, and then find the owner's last religion.)

As gigau said, you can just single-click on the province and then click the "Show province history" button. It's not quite as convenient as double-clicking, of course.
    Would it be possible to reverse the the feature? Cause i don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure changing the owner of the province is a process which happens more frequent then changing country data (Or atleast an option where i could modify that personally). And would it be possible to add a feature when i can change owner+control+core/religion/culture extremely fast, by simply pre selecting the country tag/culture/religion and then simply clicking on all the provinces i want changed?

Under the Tools menu there is an option to reload province and country data. Normally, the data is loaded once at startup and then not after that unless a file is being edited. It would be a good idea to have the editor reload any file that is saved, though.
    If you by that mean the "force a reload of all data", when i do that the program freezes (Or atleast seems so, i certainly know nothing happens for a substantial amount of time). And nothing changes. Even i edit the save and save the changes and then reload it, the political map will stay the same, even tho i did change the owners and the game also shows that when i load up the save.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast