+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Clausewitz Save Game and Scenario Editor/Viewer

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hi,
    I use the editor a lot, makes a lot of things easier, but mass replacement for a lot of provinces is still very tedious to do.
    Is it possible to get the replace function(Ctrl+H) working too?
    What about multiline find & replace?
    "The great masses of the people will more easily fall for a big lie, than for a small one." - Adolf Hitler
    "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao Zedong
    "War is a continuation of politics by other means." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz
    "To secure peace is to prepare for war." - Vegetius
    "You get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with just a kind word." - Alphonso "Scarface" G. Capone
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning." - Erwin J. E. Rommel

If you need to find and replace something in every province history file, I'd suggest using Notepad++'s Find In Files feature instead. As a bonus, it also handles multiline find & replace, if I remember right.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

I downloaded the latest version, but it won't open my save games, I have divine wind. It asks me to select them, so it must have the right directions folderwise, but after that nothing happens. Also, the config.bat wont open properly, it says it is not a function in Java or something. I also have the latest Java.
    It opens up the game if it is a non save game though.

Can you post a save game that fails to load? (7z format preferred, but zip or rar will do)

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2

What does it mean when editing a savefile and it says ERROR with Country TRR:null?

How can I fix it I'm trying to add countries in a V2 savegame.
    Ethnicity: Austrian
    Religion: Theravada Buddhist
    Career: Military

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I use this great tool for a long time. Now, I have a problem with my last mod, Mare Nostrum for DW, while using this tool. After the first message (do you want to load a save game) nothing happens. In the task manager's processes tab new java thread is creating. Tool's window does not open. Is there any troubleshooting list?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    I use this great tool for a long time. Now, I have a problem with my last mod, Mare Nostrum for DW, while using this tool. After the first message (do you want to load a save game) nothing happens. In the task manager's processes tab new java thread is creating. Tool's window does not open. Is there any troubleshooting list?
    Did you correctly edit the config.txt file so it is set to DW and to your mod directory?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight

Blog Entries
    Still the problem is continuing. I added new cultures and culture groups, technology groups, religions and religion group, countries, completely new map..etc. I use Validator, according to it there is nothing wrong. Also I get CTDs in the game too quick.

Sounds like something is wrong, but I don't know why the validator wouldn't catch it. Unfortunately I don't have time to examine further at present.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Still the problem is continuing. I added new cultures and culture groups, technology groups, religions and religion group, countries, completely new map..etc. I use Validator, according to it there is nothing wrong. Also I get CTDs in the game too quick.
    For your new religion group did you add an entry in buildings.gfx for a missionary for the new religion group? If you forgot then that could explain the CTD's and validator would not find this.

Have you run your mod in game debug mode (twice in a row) and then looked at the error log?

Beyond that if you want to send me a PM with a download link for your mod I could take a look over the next couple days and see if I can find why it will not work with the scenario editor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    For your new religion group did you add an entry in buildings.gfx for a missionary for the new religion group? If you forgot then that could explain the CTD's and validator would not find this.
    I didn't.

Have you run your mod in game debug mode (twice in a row) and then looked at the error log?
    No, how can I do it?

Beyond that if you want to send me a PM with a download link for your mod I could take a look over the next couple days and see if I can find why it will not work with the scenario editor.
    Thanks a lot, I will.

I didn't.

No, how can I do it?

Debug mode is one of the best things Paradox did for DW. You need to have the final DW 5.1 or a DW 5.2 beta as most of the DW 5.1 betas did not have it.

To use debug you make a desktop short cut to your game exe - specifically the eu3game.exe file not the eu3.exe. You then need to edit your desktop short cut to add -debug -mod modname like:

"C:\Paradox\Paradox Interactive DW\eu3game.exe" -debug -mod Terra Nova

You need to edit the path to match your install and also change the mod name to match your mods name.

Next you need to use the new desktop short cut to start your mod. Then when your mods either runs for a month or it crashes then do it again using the short cut. IT IS IMPORTANT TO DO IT TWICE IN A ROW.

After running twice you would then look in your main games log directory at the error.log file and note the errors.

If you have errors about too many corners (after running twice - only running once gives false errors) then your map has too many provinces in one small area and you might need to simplify.

Bad pixels if relating to color 0,0,0 on province.bmp can be ignored otherwise you should fix them.

The origo error can be ignored if it is n:0

Blog Entries
    I tried debug mode. It helps very much!

IT IS IMPORTANT TO DO IT TWICE IN A ROW.
    What is its mean?

I tried debug mode. It helps very much!

What is its mean?
    You have to start and close the game two times in debug mode as just running it once, there are a number of erroneous errors in the log. Running it a 2nd time clears these and leaves just the errors that apply to the current mod setup.

Edit -hmm I replied with a quote but part of the quote is missing, was posting about Its important to run it twice in a row.

What was the problem? I'd like to have a better error message if the editor can detect it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    What was the problem? I'd like to have a better error message if the editor can detect it in the future.
    I don't know the problem but I was trying to help him and the error was:

I believe that error occurs when a culture group has no cultures defined. Instead of making a better error message, I think that should simply be accounted for in the code. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I am not sure what is the main reason that makes editor to not open. There was a wasteland province and it was also a non wasteland province. So it could be the reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast