Current version is 0.7.4 (May 17, 2011)
Quick download link for those who don't want to wade through the literally paragraphs of text below.
Once again, this old program has morphed enough to warrant a new thread.
For those of you just joining us, this program can read data from either a saved game or the game history files and display it graphically. There are also a large number of other views to help you visualize the game data (some of the old views have actually been turned into full-fledged mapmodes in Divine Wind, I believe).
It also allows you to edit a province's history (if you are viewing history) or save game entry (if you are viewing a saved game). If you are in the political view, you can also edit countries. The history editors have some syntax highlighting and validation.
What's new about this version?
Well, I finally got around to making it compatible with Heir to the Throne. And since that took so long that yet another expansion came out in the meantime, I went ahead and updated it for Divine Wind also (using information gleaned from people who actually own it). And then I was on a roll, so I pulled in the Rome scenario editor also and made the code generic enough to handle both. And once that was done, why not support all Clausewitz games? After all, Jamie550 does it and makes it look easy.
So here it is.
Java 1.5 or newer. This is installed on practically all new computers these days, so you probably have it already.
Changes since 0.6.1
Download it here (direct link).
=== 0.7.4 ===
- Provinces are now shown with their names from the localization files, not
the names defined in definition.csv.
- Fixed crash when loading a localization file with a blank line.
=== 0.7.3 ===
- Double-clicking a province now always opens the province editor, even in the
- Forcing a reload should no longer freeze the editor for a long time.
=== 0.7.2 ===
- Colors of scaling mapmodes (e.g. population or base tax) are now editable.
- The buildings and cultures menu will now split into submenus if necessary.
- The date is now set properly at startup.
- Editing Victoria 2 and HOI3 province history files should now work properly
with the subfolder system.
=== 0.7.1 ===
- Moved game version into config.txt instead of trying to auto-detect it.
=== 0.7 ===
- A few new view sets, mostly for the new games.
- There is now a button to display a table of wars. Double-clicking a row of the
table pops up a file dialog. Saving changes is not supported yet.
- Almost all mapmodes that show a single something (single country, single tech
group, single trade good) now allow clicking to change the filter to whatever
was clicked on. E.g. when viewing a trade good, clicking a province with gold
switches the view to gold provinces.
- Parsing errors now display the file that the error occurred in.
- Reduced memory consumption of large saves. It's still a lot, though.
- Made some optimizations to the startup process.
- "extend" and "replace" entries in mod files are now properly case-insensitive.
- Fixed a couple of NullPointerExceptions on tooltips.