+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Clausewitz Save Game and Scenario Editor/Viewer

Clausewitz Save Game and Scenario Editor/Viewer

Current version is 0.8.6 (August 24, 2014)

Quick download link for those who don't want to wade through the literally paragraphs of text below.

Once again, this old program has morphed enough to warrant a new thread.

For those of you just joining us, this program can read data from either a saved game or the game history files and display it graphically. There are also a large number of other views to help you visualize the game data (some of the old views have actually been turned into full-fledged mapmodes in Divine Wind, I believe).

It also allows you to edit a province's history (if you are viewing history) or save game entry (if you are viewing a saved game). If you are in the political view, you can also edit countries. The history editors have some syntax highlighting and validation.

What's new about this version?
    Well, I finally got around to making it compatible with Heir to the Throne. And since that took so long that yet another expansion came out in the meantime, I went ahead and updated it for Divine Wind also (using information gleaned from people who actually own it). And then I was on a roll, so I pulled in the Rome scenario editor also and made the code generic enough to handle both. And once that was done, why not support all Clausewitz games? After all, Jamie550 does it and makes it look easy.

So here it is.

System Requirements
    Java 8 or newer. You probably have Java installed already, but you might not have Java 8.

Changes since 0.7.2
    Code:
    === 0.8.6 ===

- Added colonial regions and trade companies mapmodes for EU4.
    - EU4 save games are now generated with the correct magic words at the start
      and end of the file.
    - Victoria 2 province history files now use the correct path.
    - Multiline text strings in .yaml files are now supported.
    - Trade routes in trade mode now include both endpoints as part of the displayed route.
    - Fixed an application hang when a color with invalid RGB values is used in a religions file.
    - File editor dialog now displays the name of the current file in its title bar.

=== 0.8.5.1 ===

- Fixed bug preventing saving of history files.

=== 0.8.5 ===

- Fixed crash bug in trade map mode.
    - Fort map mode now accepts fractional fort levels.
    - Striped provinces in the political and religious map modes now color the province's value with slightly larger stripes than the province owner's value.
    - Fixed a couple of bugs related to Victoria 2.
    - Fixed a number of issues with replacing files in Clausewitz 2 mods.

=== 0.8.4 ===

- Mods can now be defined in My Documents. The subdirectory is defined in
      games.txt.
    - Files in the mod directory that have the exact same name and path as a vanilla
      file are now treated as overwriting that file even if not specified by a
      replace or replace_path command.

=== 0.8.3 ===

- Added support for EU4 saved games.
    - Added trade node view for EU4.
    - Added much better support for Crusader Kings 2 history files.
    - Added title view and title history file editing for CK2.
    - Lakes are now properly treated as sea zones.
    - Fixed controller display in EU4 provinces.
    - New-style mod files (since Victoria 2: A House Divided) should now work correctly

=== 0.8.2 ===

- Made compatible with EU4:
    	- Added EU4 game type in initial game load dialog.
    	- If /common/<file>.txt does not exist, the editor will now check the /common/<file> directory instead.
    	- Detection of which buildings are forts now also checks for a modifier block if no fort_level is found.
    	- Localization now supports YAML files.
    - Fixed several bugs with the wars list.

=== 0.8.1 ===

- Fixed mod loading broken in previous release.
    - In Nomine and later EU3 versions no longer inherit the EU3 1.0 start date.
    - Political mode now assumes that provinces with no controller listed are controlled by the owner.
    - Bookmarks now display the date next to the name.
    - Out-of-memory errors now cause an error message to appear rather than silently shutting the application down.

=== 0.8 ===

- Complete revamp of all initialization and loading code.
    - Game types are now defined in games.txt
    - Fixed many longstanding bugs
    - Improved error messages throughout the application
    Download it here (direct link).

If you don't have EU3 registered but do have EU4, please use this thread instead of PMing me for help. I prefer to help in public rather than private, since that way I have to repeat myself less.
    Last edited by MichaelM; 24-08-2014 at 09:43. Reason: 0.8.6

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. — I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Since I don't actually have DW or any other Clausewitz games, it's quite possible that there are bugs. Please let me know when you find them.

I'll give this a couple of days to let things shake out before posting to the other forums.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor (EU4-Compatible) - New! Version 0.8.6 released 24 August 2014! ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    It didn't work for me.
    Would be helpful to know exactly how it didn't work. Did it give some error message when you tried to run it? Did you verify you have the necessary Java runtime installed? What version of Windows are you running?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I updated Java today. I am using Win7 64bit. When I double-click scen-ed.bat, DOS screen appers. ("press any key to continue" is on it) Then I click any key, DOS screen is gone, then nothing happens.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

Have you installed 32-bit Java, 64-bit Java, or both? Is your game installed in Program Files(x86)? This could cause problems with Windows UAC.
    Anything else in the DOS window besides the 'press any key' line?
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

It is crashing for me because it cannot find the main class: editor.setconfig

I have the latest version of java (Java SE 6 Update 24)
    "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

it is crashing for me because it can not find EU3_Scenario_Editor.jar which does not exist. I installed the download in to a clean directory and left the old version separate. The old version runs fine and has a EU3_Scenario_Editor.jar but the new download does not. I deleted and downloaded again with no change. Maybe some files are missing from the download?
    Last edited by 17blue17; 20-03-2011 at 23:42.

No, no files are missing.

Apparently what happened is that SourceForge thought the source code download was the one people would want, so that's what the big green button gives you. Only two people have managed to find the real release version with the .jar file. (And furthermore, my "direct link" links to whatever SF thinks is the best, so it doesn't work either.)

I am fixing now. My apologies for the mixup.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    96 games registered

Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Nice !

I'll test it tonight, when i get home from work. Thanks for this

Any chance you can do the same for your great position editor (adding the possibility of placing trade winds, please ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Nice !

Any chance you can do the same for your great position editor (adding the possibility of placing trade winds, please ?
    Quite possible, and it shouldn't be as hard. Can you post a representative positions.txt entry in the other thread please?

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: Revolutions

I just re-downloaded and got the jar file

Now I get:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: eug/parser/ParserSettings

(do you need to see any more of the error message?)
    "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi

Works brilliantly for me. Thank you so much!

96 games registered

Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    Quite possible, and it shouldn't be as hard. Can you post a representative positions.txt entry in the other thread please?
    Will do, thank you very much.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Nice !

This. Please this.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

I downloaded the correct file and now I get an error that it can not detect the game version. My information from config.txt is

maindir = "E:\Paradox\Paradox Interactive HTT Steve\Heir to the Throne"
    moddir = Steve

This is the same information from the old version that works.

I get the same problem if I point to my separate install of DW

maindir = "E:/Paradox\Paradox Interactive DW/"

and it does not matter if the / are / or \ and if a \ or / is at the end of the line.
    Last edited by 17blue17; 22-03-2011 at 00:19.

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    MichaelM, it would appear your great tool won't work with the 5.1b patches (not detecting the game version), only the 5.0 DW. Anything you could do about that, please ?
    •

MichaelM, it would appear your great tool won't work with the 5.1b patches (not detecting the game version), only the 5.0 DW. Anything you could do about that, please ?
    What are the differences in files between 5.0 and 5.1? Do they need to be treated differently? If not, is there something they have in common that's not in HttT?

My only information on DW is from Kurper, who (presumably before 5.1b) said that looking for common/faction.txt was enough to identify it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    What are the differences in files between 5.0 and 5.1? Do they need to be treated differently? If not, is there something they have in common that's not in HttT?

My only information on DW is from Kurper, who (presumably before 5.1b) said that looking for common/faction.txt was enough to identify it.
    Please MichaelM lets make it simple. Just add a line to config.txt that says:

Version =

with valid options of

DW
    HTT

etc

There are some good reasons for this:

1) people like to keep multiple versions of the game on their computers for testing etc with all the various patches etc

2) currently DW mods with custom maps don't work in a mod directory and so people have multiple copies of the game over written with mods.

3) Other utilities have tried to detect the version etc using information from the registry and have had no end to problems as gamers gate at one time was not adding the correct information to the registry. Result was that some HTT patches were claiming not to be able to find the game. Add this to the fact that people are constantly making copies in new directories for untold reasons and soon the information in the registry etc is worthless.

Please - just keep it simple. We are specifying everything else in the config.txt why not the version?????????

I have been using your wonderful tools for years with out problem and now I can't get it to work because it say it can't detect the version. Don't make us jump through hoops - just keep it simple.

Also thank you for making the new versions. I know your time is limited and your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 17blue17; 22-03-2011 at 13:47.

Aww, you're no fun.

All right, fair enough. My first question remains, though: does 5.1b need to be treated differently in any way from 5.0?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast