How do I enter my cd key for Magicka? Steam bought.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(288265)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 20, 2011
  • Magicka
I bought Magicka on steam. I get the message with my cd key, and i even registered it on this site. The message basically says (on steam), here is your cd key, enter it after you start teh game when requested.

My problem is magicka never asked me for a CD key, and when I tried to join online games (no firewall or anti virus programs running), it says authentication failed.

anyone have this problem?

PS-this has nothing to do with the new "mod" patch, this was happening before that patch was even released.

Thanks

You only need to enter it on these forums, go to My Game and enter it, it's already in your Steam game so don't worry.

Also I bought a 4 pack and none of my friends nor I can see our keys...

same

same prob ive registered it on the paradox site, but still says i need to register the game on steam i enter the key i get and keeps coming up invalid key.

ive emailed steam and awaiting responce can tell u this 1st and last time i downlaod a game from steam 3 hrs of sorting it out only to have my mate dc every 5 mins or i fail to see his games and im having to host.

should of baught it retail or not at all seems way to buggy

I think I should of just bought it retail as well, steam is probably funking it up.

Retail is just a pre-downloaded old version of the Steam game. You still need Steam to play it.

If you can play the game you don't need to register it on steam. Steam will remind you of your key until you click the "don't remind me anymore" checkbox. It does this with all games that have a key.
DC'ing every 5 minutes may be an upload bandwidth problem. Since there are no dedicated servers you need a bit of a meaty line to host. If you can't see your friend's game in the server list ask him to invite you via the steam overlay (hit shift-tab to bring up the overlay, select the friend and "invite to game" once the host is ready for connections). Maybe your friend's upstream bandwidth will handle the hosting a bit better.
Hope this helps you a bit.

hmm still no joy with the new patch mind you my mate is playing on xp i wonder if thats the prob

he is playing the game it just constantly crashes when ever he starts a game
anyone had similer probs with the game under xp

Can you (or your friend) host a game with other people without issue?
Or join a game hosted by someone else without issue?
It may be an unstable line causing desynching???

It may just be one of you having an issue and that issue is spilling over because you're playing together?

Just something to try / look at. Don't know if it'll help at all.

Hey guys, I've brought this game yesterday or so via Steam. Game has not prompted a pop up yet and have already reg'd the game via "MyGames" under here. Game has and will crash with message "authentic failed" - I have done what post #2, 9 and 12 has suggested with no success so far. Anything changed or has proved to work so far? Post #6, have you heard back from Steam regarding this matter?

s1lentworld:

There have been a few updates since this thread. Could you open up a new report in the Tech Support subforum and provide a good description and check for any error logs in your Magicka directory. Also supply you dxdiag specs.

Also: are you using wifi lan or wired? What are your download and upload speeds?