• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blinkingsky

Second Lieutenant
40 Badges
Dec 16, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
Serbia is tired of being beat around by the Ottoman Empire. Tired of being vassalized by them. Tired of having its attempts to become free crushed. No more! Serbia has thrown off the shackles of the Ottoman oppressors, and instead are now the OTTOMAN'S oppressors. That's right, the mighty Ottoman empire is now the vassal of the once puny Serbia! And they are not the only ones. France, too, fell under Serbia, although originally as a lesser PU partner, until being inherited and released as a vassal. Bohemia is a recent jewel for the Serbian crown, with them becoming the junior partner in a PU with Serbia, thus giving Serbia the HRE crown. Finally, Castille, once one of the strongest Catholic countries, is now a brother of the Serbs in Orthodoxism!

You must be saying "But this can't be possible! There is no start ever like that, not even in mods!" If you thought that, then you were right about their being no start like that. But you are wrong about it being impossible, for I have made it possible. I have played as Serbia, and I have liberated them from their oppressors, I have helped them oppress their oppressors, I have helped them convert the heretics in Castille to the one true faith, I have helped them beat back the Muslim heathens, I have given them rule over France and Bohemia, I have MADE them what they are now.

And now, you shall see where there story goes from this point. Serbia, once a Two Province Minor vassal of the Ottomans, are now a powerful empire, controlling most of Greece and quite a bit of Turkey. They are the recently crowned HRE, with vast powers in their control. Their trade-based economy is so strong, it would take a massive effort to derail it completely. Basically, Serbia is a SUPERPOWER. Never thought you would see that, eh?

Anyways, this AAR's save file was started from 1399, but the AAR itself will start from Friday, June 1, 1541. Serbia is westernized, but not military modernized. It has a rather concentrated empire, with its vassals having more overall territory than Serbia itself. Serbia also has an EXTREMELY powerful economy, accounting to the fact that the Greek and Turkey provinces are very wealthy and and bolstered by multiple buildings, plus its fairly good trading empire. If you want to see what happened before this AAR in a little better detail, then click here

Here's some pics on the world:

North America:

Eu3_90.jpg

Sweden is the main contender here. Converting Castille to Orthodox had a bigger effect than I thought it would

South America:

EU3_91.jpg

Not too much going on. Only a couple of colonies, with the Euro's unaware of the Inca's on the other side of the continent.

Africa:

EU3_92.jpg

Mali has been doing damn good so far. Same with Morocco. Europe still hasn't come in full force yet, so we shall see if Mali can hold up, or with Morocco, how much LONGER can it hold up.

Far east/India:

EU3_93.jpg

Ming has collapsed. Hardcore. Wu has risen in its place, but I think China will be fractured for the rest of the game now. If it is united, I would prefer it to be Wu that unites it. Not only would it be awesome to see a different china besides Ming rule, I wanna see just how far the W and U for Wu can get spaced out XD

AI Hindustan! Too bad its under a PU....with Bali :rofl:

EU3_94.jpg

Europe:

EU3_95.jpg

Not too much unusualness going on....Besides mega Serbia and France having "Serbia" across it :p. As stated above, Serbia is a superpower, with France being its vassal due to France being inherited when it was a junior parter to Serbia.

And Russia:

EU3_96.jpg

As usual, its messed up XD

World map:

EU3_MAP_SER_154161_1.jpg

Serbia and serbian vassals/junior PU people only:

EU3_MAP_SER_154161_2.jpg

Alright, here's some comparison's between Serbia and other countries, and something of Serbia itself:

Ruler/heir/court:

EU3_97.jpg

Gotta modernize ASAP, before that guy comes to the throne. Awesome diplo and military, bad admin :'(.

Income:

EU3_98.jpg

Told ya they had an uber economy ;)

Armies:

EU3_100.jpg

France is on there, but Serbia isn't. That shall change soon!

Navies:

EU3_101.jpg

That'll take longer to do, but Serbia shall also eventually be on there

Provinces-Largest:

EU3_102.jpg

Not too bad

Provinces-neighbors:

EU3_103.jpg

Of course I get GB as my neighbor >_>

Pie charts:

EU3_104.jpg

Pretty good, overall. The uncored, wrong religion provo's are gonna revolt like its going out of style,though, when I modernize my army.(all cultures in Serbia are accepted atm, which is pretty good.)

Income/Expenses:

EU3_105.jpg

EU3_106.jpg

This shows just how good trade is for me, and how little I actually spend. I am going to up my army soon, though. After all, I might as well use the HRE's army limit bonus at least a little ;)

CoT's:

EU3_107.jpg

All your monopolies are belong to us

Income:

EU3_108.jpg

:cool:

Strategic goods:

EU3_109.jpg

Gotta get them all! Strategic Goods!

Current wars:

EU3_110.jpg

Just to let you guys know who is deciding to be warmongering on who

Inflation:

EU3_111.jpg

Pfft, what's inflation? We've never had even a point of inflation!

Sorry for the mass amounts of pictures in the first post of the thread. I just needed to get you guys caught up on the game's progress, if only slightly. In the post after the next one(the next one is Table of Contents), I shall begin a backstory to the Serbian nation. No, I will not keep in the story the entire time probably, sometimes I will just give a gameplay update, although I will try to do the storytelling as much as possible.

Anyways, Welcome to Vassal No More-A Serbian Empire AAR!

Last edited:
Hey, Blinkingsky, your first post contained more than the allowed 20 images per post. Please keep to this limit in the future, please.

Whoops, thought the limit was 25. Thanks for the warning!

Prologue: A New HRE​

Friday, June 1st, 1541

Serbia, the capital province of Serbia

It was about noon when the regency council had its Friday meeting. During it, the usual topics came up: the status of the army, making sure the vassals are paying their dues, managing relations with Bohemia to keep the PU going, has our economy expanded much, etc. Suddenly, as they were going through a proposal to bolster the navy, the door was slammed open by a messenger, who brought tidings from the Holy Roman Empire.

Messenger: Hail, my rulers! I bring news from the Holy Roman Empire! The electors have decided upon a new ruler!
Head Councilmen: Well, tell us who it is, son. We don't have all day
Messenger: The new ruler is none other than our king, Stefan the IV! Bohemia and Cologne voted for us, and nobody else could muster more than a vote!

The room grew quiet all of a sudden. For a few moments, nobody could believe what they just heard. Then, the room broke out into cheers. They had power beyond what they thought they would ever have! Nobody would be able to stand up to Serbia's might!

Eventually, everybody calmed down and got back to business. The messenger was given a large amount of gold, more than he had ever had, for bringing this good news and was then dismissed. The next topic that came up was one they had been avoiding for a while.

Head councilmen: So, with that piece of news, I say that it is time to reform our army.
Army councilmen: I concur. If we are to hold onto our position, we must make our army as strong as the regular states of the HRE, or we shall suffer heavy losses.
Economy councilmen: Should we do that, though, our country will be heavily destabilized, and many under our rule will rebel most likely, thus causing us to lose some of our economy temporarily.
Army councilmen: It is worth it. I would rather lose some of our economy than to lose our country to superior enemy troops.
Economy councilmen: Fine, I concede for now. But don't expect me to support having the troops that guard our merchants to be withdrawn.
Army councilmen: Fine, fine they can stay, so long as we modernize the army.
Head councilmen: Alright, any more objections?

There were none. They decided to take a vote, just to be sure.

Head Councilmen: Alright, same as usual: aye for a vote yes, nay for a vote no.
Army councilmen: Aye.
Economy Councilmen: Aye.
Navy Councilmen: Aye.
Ambassador: Aye.
Vassal Relations Councilmen: Aye.
Building Projects Councilmen: Aye.

And after them, all of the other councilmen said "Aye."

So it was decided. Serbia would modernize their army, even if it meant going through hell and back. A courier was sent to all of the provinces in the kingdom, proclaiming both the news of the HRE election, and the modernization of the army.

END OF THE PROLOGUE​

I've seen your sig and also its a bit digging this thread out of this grave, but is there any chance we will be seeing the rest of this AAR? At least screens, i am quite interested how it all went down, having see how your game started to play out ...pleaaseee:D