• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very good stuff. I really enjoyed Watanbe no Tsuna tale of Range's journey into the underworld, it may have been slight fiction in comparison to what truly seems to have happened, Range's actual meeting with Tomlinson, but very good fiction nonetheless. Mastuo Basho's reaciton to his early death was especially amusing. So now two hundred years have been reset and Japan is promising to stay out of European affairs. All well and good, provided no European nation antagonises Japan and Range.

Very good stuff. I really enjoyed Watanbe no Tsuna tale of Range's journey into the underworld, it may have been slight fiction in comparison to what truly seems to have happened, Range's actual meeting with Tomlinson, but very good fiction nonetheless. Mastuo Basho's reaciton to his early death was especially amusing. So now two hundred years have been reset and Japan is promising to stay out of European affairs. All well and good, provided no European nation antagonises Japan and Range.

I'm glad you like Watanbe no Tsuna's tale, my friend. As for European nations staying arms length from Japanese territories...I don't think it's possible. Why...in Rangemura's state of mind...it might only take a slight look from some European official to set him off.

Last edited:
Interesting tale, now to annoy the regent and unravel yet another mystery.

Range is good at annoying people...and, he doesn't even try...it just seems people get in his way.

It's just Range being Range.

Those upon this Earth know the sad consequences of being from the blue marble…to one and all of its inhabitants there is a time to be born, and a time to die. But, this fact holds no truth for no one else except those form the Earth; for time does not exist anywhere else in the universe.

Whereas those that are from the Earth see the universe growing older as they age; those from everywhere else do not experience aging, or death, as for them the universe has not aged a single moment; nor have they aged. They reside beyond time.

The consequences for the Earth’s inhabitants are quite evident with one simple look at its technological advances...slow and painful progress as their wise men die prematurely. What is a hundred years of existence compared to an eternity of research?

The Old ones, the regents and their people have always known of the predicament of those that inhabit the Earth...in fact they’ve always been able to view Earth’s entire existence... from its creation to its destruction as any era is always available for viewing.

What of time travel? For those beyond Earthly bounds, time travel never existed until a young traveler named Range stepped foot upon the Earth. You see, time travel is only possible where time exists...and, it was once thought that time travel was only possible by someone from outside of time. But, that all changed when a regent named Mahâkâla took notice of Range’s Journeys and moved to make the Earth his toy.

First, Mahâkâla assisted various inventors on Earth in the building of time traveling machines. But, he soon grew tired of such folly. As once every time-journey was over the history of Earth always returned to its actual shape and path due to the other regent’s insistence.

Mahâkâla is a powerful regent with many followers. He is one of the old ones, a member of the same civilization of Range, Tomlinson and Sir Farly.

All too aware that many regents were standing his way, Mahâkâla began to scheme to change the history of the Earth forever. He said he wanted to assist the earthlings in breaking the curse they were under. But, there were many regents that knew the real reason behind his plan…that he wanted to rule over the Earth and its inhabitants.

But, Mahâkâla needed someone special who had walked upon the Earth to assist him; someone he could control. Thus, the reason for Range becoming Rangemura. Mahakala knew Range of any age would never assist him in his plot, so he stole Range’s identity from him and his very being to change him into the traveler named Rangemura.

Range was defenseless. Ever since he had stole away to the Earth to begin his journeys Range had no idea of just what he was or where he came from. The rest was simple.

Once Mahâkâla made his move, creating Rangemura the regents took sides, half sided with Mahâkâla and half sided with Tomlinson. The dispute soon grew into a full scale war between the two factions of the Old One’s civilization.

Tomlinson sighed deeply after watching glimpses of the opening years of the 21st century. Japan now ruled the world.

A visitor stopped beside Tomlinson. “Hard to believe that its come to this.” It was Sir Farly. “Of course you can’t blame Range for this...with him in chains and all.”

“With good reason,” remarked Tomlinson. “Before now...we couldn’t risk having two Range’s down on Earth, now could we?”

"Before now?" Sir Farly mumbled, questioning Tomlinson's choice of words.

“We should have put Rangemura in chains when he had him here…now, we might have to do away with him.”

Sir Farly was visibly shaken over what he heard. “You can’t be serious...that’s Range you’re talking about…and, who among the good of us would do harm to Range?”

“There is one,” replied Tomlinson, staring at Sir Farly.

Sir Farly is appalled, “certainly you do not mean me.”

“No,” said Tomlinson. He then called out, “Guards bring in the boy!”

Two guards then led, a young teenage lad into the room. It was Range and he was in chains.

“You can’t be serious,” said Sir Farly. “You are serious…you want Range to do away with Rangemura…himself?”

“His freedom was forfeited for stepping foot on the Earth…now I’m giving him his freedom to roam the Earth as he sees fit…once he’s fulfilled his duty of course.”

“But, will he ever realize what’s he’s done?”

Tomlinson didn’t pause before answering, “No…he won’t even know where he comes from…or, who we are.”

“You do know,” said Sir Farly, “if you go ahead with this plan we’ll never be able to reel him in…so to speak.”

Tomlinson smirked, shaking his head. “Were we ever able to reel Range in?”

2cgnh4m.jpg

2vwfo0y.jpg

23vm06b.jpg

Last edited:
Confusing but interesting. Hopefully I understand this correctly; Mahâkâla is an evil regent wishing to gain control over the world, to do this he manipulated Range, creating this new version of Range, Rangemura. Tomlinson, a seemingly good regent, has worked this out and plans to send the real Range back to Earth in order to combat Rangemura, as he is the only one capable of defeating his evil self. Thus we now reach the point where the young, true Range is back on Earth attempting to defeat Rangemure, hence the rebellion in Northern Ireland. I hope I've understood this correctly.

Regardless if I have or not, it all seems very interesting, a brilliantly woven story. Now I merely hope Range is able to triumph over Rangemura.

Confusing but interesting. Hopefully I understand this correctly; Mahâkâla is an evil regent wishing to gain control over the world, to do this he manipulated Range, creating this new version of Range, Rangemura. Tomlinson, a seemingly good regent, has worked this out and plans to send the real Range back to Earth in order to combat Rangemura, as he is the only one capable of defeating his evil self. Thus we now reach the point where the young, true Range is back on Earth attempting to defeat Rangemure, hence the rebellion in Northern Ireland. I hope I've understood this correctly.

Regardless if I have or not, it all seems very interesting, a brilliantly woven story. Now I merely hope Range is able to triumph over Rangemura.

My friend, I couldn't have explained that any better. You're right on target.

Within the observatory Tomlinson and Sir Farly poured through the images of Rangemura's Journey. They argued over which time event was best for the act. Finally, it was decided...Ireland...date undetermined.

Time is relevant to where you stand...for those bound to time you have no real say in the matter...you're trapped within a moment...but, for those outside of time...every moment, every deed that takes place on Earth is opened for review and if need be acted upon by the Old Ones...without consequences. At any instant, any point of Earth's history is open for intervention from their realm beyond time...without fear of a paradox forming.

Citizens of Earth, experience a moment...and, it passes...but, it does not cease to exist...for those outside of time that moment still resides as a testament written upon time itself...to be viewed as many times as necessary.

Now, it is time to see the rest of Rangemura's journey...and, his transgressions.

3g8lf.jpg

2ajud8o.jpg

21j1x82.jpg

Last edited:
Now, it is time to see the rest of Rangemura's journey...and, his transgressions.

That rather fills me with foreboding. I can only hope Range is victorious in his quest, the transgressions of Rangemura could prove terrible indeed. As has been shown in this update he is leading a powerful nation, easily able to defeat her neighbours. If left unchecked, Rangemura could alter history very badly.

That rather fills me with foreboding. I can only hope Range is victorious in his quest, the transgressions of Rangemura could prove terrible indeed. As has been shown in this update he is leading a powerful nation, easily able to defeat her neighbours. If left unchecked, Rangemura could alter history very badly.

The future is now set...Rangemura's deeds are known even before he commits them.

Clue: The end of Transylvania is connected with Samurai...I've set it up that one tale works off the other...and, there might be a third ARR to finish off the trilogy (the end of Transylvania, Samurai, and The Day of Reckoning). There's a possibility there might even be a fourth connected AAR.

Last edited:
Clue: The end of Transylvania is connected with Samurai...I've set it up that one tale works off the other...and, there might be a third ARR to finish off the trilogy (the end of Transylvania, Samurai, and The Day of Reckoning). There's a possibility there might even be a fourth connected AAR.

I sincerely hope there are many more AARs. Following Range's many journeys is always interesting, always an engrossing read. The poor guy may get no rest but he should be happy in the knowledge his suffering greatly entertains AARland nonetheless!

I sincerely hope there are many more AARs. Following Range's many journeys is always interesting, always an engrossing read. The poor guy may get no rest but he should be happy in the knowledge his suffering greatly entertains AARland nonetheless!

My friend, it's all coming together...and, to an eventful end.

I can't believe I haven't posted here for a while!

Great updates. Your writing has improved greatly, and this is an engrossing read! I too hope many more adventures await Range!

I can't believe I haven't posted here for a while!

Great updates. Your writing has improved greatly, and this is an engrossing read! I too hope many more adventures await Range!

Thank you. You are very kind. I'm trying to improve and it helps by reading the many ARRs on this forum. And, my friend, of course I count you among the many talented writers my friend. And, I too, hope there will be other tales.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the delay on posting. My only defense was that I was playing the following up. And, no I haven't finished playing Samurai. I was so caught up in the story line I couldn't stop playing.

Well, here we go...

zxr9n8.jpg

34qmv7m.jpg

kqov5.jpg

I must apologize for the above journal entry…far too much was left out. For besides the journey's journal Matsuo Basho was also keeping a diary...

By looking at the journal one would say Matsuo must have been feeling poorly, for very little insight was shared. But, I was given a most wondrous opportunity to view Matsuo's personal memoir. It was through the reading of diary I realized his reasoning.

One entry in this book told of what actually in Matsuo thoughts during this time about Rangemura; thoughts he did not share in his journal. I was unable to make a copy of the diary, but the recollection of the Matsuo's written words are burned in my memory and they are presented exactly they were presented.

I awoke this morning to hear Rangemura speaking with an English tongue. The man has never spoken of English before. He was trapped within some dream. But, this was no ordinary dream. Rangemura was dreaming that he was another man, living some journey that he could not possible known.

I awoke him only to keep him from waking up the others. He was startled, not by the dream but by being pulled from out of it.

He struggled for a moment, gasping for air. He was clutching his stomach as if he was wounded. He even searched for the wound, but there was not one.

I told Rangemura, he was only dreaming.

He then looked at me, and told me with fear…only with understanding and complete acceptance of his fate. “I saw the one that will end my days upon this earth…and, I know it was somehow me…but, he was European.”

From this day on I shall watch and try to protect my leader, my friend. As I know many mysteries abound on this journey, I also now know how it will end.

Last edited:
I must apologize for my poor attempt at typing the last post. Does the word brutal come to mind?

Now, that I'm awake...I have made multiple corrections to the post. Also, seeing that I've learned to type, I must now learn to read as well.

Last edited:
That's was a good update. Don't worry about it, it was fine! :)

Foreboding too...who will be the end of Range?!

That's was a good update. Don't worry about it, it was fine! :)

Foreboding too...who will be the end of Range?!

I appreciate you saying that.

But, my only excuse for my typing and failure to correct...was the lack of sleep.

As for the one that will put an end to Rangemura's journey...there can only be one...the one and only...Range himself.

Last edited:
I must apologize for my poor attempt at typing the last post. Does the word brutal come to mind?

Now, that I'm awake...I have made multiple corrections to the post. Also, seeing that I've learned to type, I must now learn to read as well.

You are being much too harsh on yourself, it is a fine update. Some useful gains then and Japan continues to increase her strength. Rangemura may have had nightmares regarding his death at the hand of Range but I rather worry Range will have his work cut out considering how strong Japan is increasingly becoming.