+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old Vic DLC

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Where exactly is the uninstaller on the steam version of the DLC.
    I love the look but I'd also like to run the Beta Patch a bit more. I wont exactly shed a tear if I'm unable to uninstall.
    Last edited by Saranis; 18-03-2011 at 19:58.

Paradox mercenary artist Danevang's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Saranis View Post
    Where exactly is the uninstaller on the steam version of the DLC.
    I love the look but I'd also like to run the Beta Patch a bit more. I wont exactly shed a tear if I'm unable to uninstall.
    I don't know. In the GG version it's in the root library. Don't know about the steam version though. You're having problems with the steam version? Isn't that version 1.2?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Bismarck, North Dakota, United States, 105540246145383, Bismarck, North Dakota
    Is there a way to disable this on the Steam version? I bought the Victora: Complete Pack and it has the Old Vic set as the default.

I have also been trying to find a way to disable Old Vic through Steam. I like the change to the color scheme just fine (though I wouldn't complain if they were just a bit darker), but the screenshots don't show the changes to the loading screens or the selected armies interface, which are not as much to my liking.

I currently have a ticket open with Steam support to see if they have a way to uninstall it. I'll post back here with any info I wring out of them.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Yes the Steam version is 1.2, but the beta patches can still be applied to it. However because the Old Vic is activated by default and there doesnt appear to be a way to uninstall, the beta patch just becomes an exercise in tedium. Still, I'm highly enjoying playing the 1.2 with your graphical overlay.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi

I think it would be best to post technical issues and questions in the tech support thread. I only know about the actual content of the DLC (not having done the installer, Steam version, beta patch, or things like that).

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Hi,

Dumb question: will the Old Vic DLC work with the POP Demand mod?

Quote Originally Posted by asparagusman View Post
    Hi,

Dumb question: will the Old Vic DLC work with the POP Demand mod?
    I don't know which files the POP mod changes, but Old Vic only affects image files and interface files. So I assume it would work.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteSupreme Ruler 2020

It seems a little...shortsighted that the screenshots on gamersgate which are advertizing the dlc SHOW the interface problems :/. Thats a little discouraging.

I assume those screenshots are not from 1.3, which would suggest that it has problems even without 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by BonBon View Post
    It seems a little...shortsighted that the screenshots on gamersgate which are advertizing the dlc SHOW the interface problems :/. Thats a little discouraging.

I assume those screenshots are not from 1.3, which would suggest that it has problems even without 1.3.
    Well, you really don't have to speculate about that, everyone using 1.2 is reporting no problems. I'm using 1.2 and having no problems, the DLC was made for 1.2 with no problems. So yes, it's definately an 1.3 beta error. Also, Paradox must have used 1.3beta for the screenshots. Why they made it into the promotional work with the 1.3 beta error I don't know. But it works with 1.2, so no reason to suggest that it doesn't.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Danevang, can we expect more DLCs from you (unit sprites, perhaps)?
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrelvis View Post
    Danevang, can we expect more DLCs from you (unit sprites, perhaps)?
    I can't really say anything, except for that I, besides doing the CK2 portraits, might be working on another project for Paradox. I can't talk about it though.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    How do I uninstall Old Vic on steam? The updated graphics give me migraines.

Couldn't you just ask Paradox to add an enable/disable option to the 1.3 graphics menu (which would be greyed out if the old vic dlc is not installed)?
    That would be the most comfortable option ...

If there's no opportunity for uninstalling this dlc on Steam or in general, I will definitely not purchase it.

No0dle

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    There's no option? Rats.

Quote Originally Posted by No0dle View Post
    Couldn't you just ask Paradox to add an enable/disable option to the 1.3 graphics menu (which would be greyed out if the old vic dlc is not installed)?
    That would be the most comfortable option ...

If there's no opportunity for uninstalling this dlc on Steam or in general, I will definitely not purchase it.

No0dle
    As all the files are loaded as the game starts up, I don't see how that would work.

The compatibility issues will be resolved, I'm sure. It's a beta patch, after all. For the time being, I'm content with learning the game with version 1.2.

Quote Originally Posted by asix79 View Post
    The compatibility issues will be resolved, I'm sure. It's a beta patch, after all. For the time being, I'm content with learning the game with version 1.2.
    Yeah exactly, I think asking Paradox to put in features just for a beta patch is a little unrealistic. Especially since the issuses are only with a beta, not with the official game version.

I'm confident it will work with 1.3 when it's final. It looks great from what I can see.

To get old vic working on 1.3 beta 17th march install vic 2, update to 1.2 then install old vic and lastly 1.3 beta.
    it should work now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast