• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where exactly is the uninstaller on the steam version of the DLC.
I love the look but I'd also like to run the Beta Patch a bit more. I wont exactly shed a tear if I'm unable to uninstall.

I don't know. In the GG version it's in the root library. Don't know about the steam version though. You're having problems with the steam version? Isn't that version 1.2?

I have also been trying to find a way to disable Old Vic through Steam. I like the change to the color scheme just fine (though I wouldn't complain if they were just a bit darker), but the screenshots don't show the changes to the loading screens or the selected armies interface, which are not as much to my liking.

I currently have a ticket open with Steam support to see if they have a way to uninstall it. I'll post back here with any info I wring out of them.

Yes the Steam version is 1.2, but the beta patches can still be applied to it. However because the Old Vic is activated by default and there doesnt appear to be a way to uninstall, the beta patch just becomes an exercise in tedium. Still, I'm highly enjoying playing the 1.2 with your graphical overlay.

I think it would be best to post technical issues and questions in the tech support thread. I only know about the actual content of the DLC (not having done the installer, Steam version, beta patch, or things like that).

It seems a little...shortsighted that the screenshots on gamersgate which are advertizing the dlc SHOW the interface problems :/. Thats a little discouraging.

I assume those screenshots are not from 1.3, which would suggest that it has problems even without 1.3.

It seems a little...shortsighted that the screenshots on gamersgate which are advertizing the dlc SHOW the interface problems :/. Thats a little discouraging.

I assume those screenshots are not from 1.3, which would suggest that it has problems even without 1.3.

Well, you really don't have to speculate about that, everyone using 1.2 is reporting no problems. I'm using 1.2 and having no problems, the DLC was made for 1.2 with no problems. So yes, it's definately an 1.3 beta error. Also, Paradox must have used 1.3beta for the screenshots. Why they made it into the promotional work with the 1.3 beta error I don't know. But it works with 1.2, so no reason to suggest that it doesn't. :)

Danevang, can we expect more DLCs from you (unit sprites, perhaps)?

How do I uninstall Old Vic on steam? The updated graphics give me migraines.

Couldn't you just ask Paradox to add an enable/disable option to the 1.3 graphics menu (which would be greyed out if the old vic dlc is not installed)?
That would be the most comfortable option ...

If there's no opportunity for uninstalling this dlc on Steam or in general, I will definitely not purchase it.

No0dle

There's no option? Rats.

Couldn't you just ask Paradox to add an enable/disable option to the 1.3 graphics menu (which would be greyed out if the old vic dlc is not installed)?
That would be the most comfortable option ...

If there's no opportunity for uninstalling this dlc on Steam or in general, I will definitely not purchase it.

No0dle

As all the files are loaded as the game starts up, I don't see how that would work.

The compatibility issues will be resolved, I'm sure. It's a beta patch, after all. For the time being, I'm content with learning the game with version 1.2.

The compatibility issues will be resolved, I'm sure. It's a beta patch, after all. For the time being, I'm content with learning the game with version 1.2.

Yeah exactly, I think asking Paradox to put in features just for a beta patch is a little unrealistic. Especially since the issuses are only with a beta, not with the official game version. :)