• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Danevang

Lt. General
29 Badges
Jan 16, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Hey all. I'm the one who did the Old Vic DLC, so questions and so on can be posed here. :)

Interface problems:

It appears that some are experiencing problems with the DLC. However, several people have done fresh installs and added the DLC. It works fine. The Interface problem appears to be due to the 1.3 beta patch, which is not what the DLC was done for (and which after all is still a beta patch). Run the game in version 1.2 and you should be good to go. :)

tprpelling has tried this solution if you do want to use the beta 1.3:
To get old vic working on 1.3 beta 17th march install vic 2, update to 1.2 then install old vic and lastly 1.3 beta.
it should work now

A gamer has posted a short presentation of the new V2 DLCs (including this one) on youtube. It's a pretty nice run through of the new features of the various DLCs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIIBDdK-OA

Last edited:
Ha, yeah. I noticed that the screenshots that followed the release showed numerous UI errors. I think I'll just wait until the 1.3 patch officially comes out, since I'm running the beta now and have no desire to go back to 1.2.

Old Vic DLC Graphic Requirements

The DLC looks like a great addition, but my laptop struggles with Victoria as it is, so is this DLC more graphically demanding? With the additions, I assume that it is, but I'd rather check before I don't buy it, as it does look very nice.

Who is the man in the main menu?

Does the Old Vicky DLC works correctly with the latest March 17th beta patch?.

I haven't tried the beta, so I don't know. Try it out, there's an uninstaller for the DLC. ;)

Who is the man in the main menu?

No one in particular...who ever you want him to be. Heh. :) Some powerful leader? Someone playing V2 in real style? :)

With it, but even after I uninstalled OldVic I cant even get to the loading screen... crashes to desktop.

Hmm, don't know about that then. It's that 1.3beta incompatibility thing. The thing is, 1.3b wasn't even out when I did the DLC, so I'm affraid I don't know much about that. I don't think you'll be very lucky trying the tech support either, as the patch is beta. Perhaps you can report it in the beta thread, so it's updated for the final patch?

With it, but even after I uninstalled OldVic I cant even get to the loading screen... crashes to desktop.
i too had problem like you, but i overcome it by reinstall 1.2 and the old vic works perfectly fine without crash, maybe you should try it if you can't wait until either the patch or DLC is fixed so they are compatible to each other