+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Old Vic DLC

Paradox mercenary artist Danevang's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Old Vic DLC

Hey all. I'm the one who did the Old Vic DLC, so questions and so on can be posed here.

Interface problems:

It appears that some are experiencing problems with the DLC. However, several people have done fresh installs and added the DLC. It works fine. The Interface problem appears to be due to the 1.3 beta patch, which is not what the DLC was done for (and which after all is still a beta patch). Run the game in version 1.2 and you should be good to go.

tprpelling has tried this solution if you do want to use the beta 1.3:
    Quote Originally Posted by tprpelling View Post
    To get old vic working on 1.3 beta 17th march install vic 2, update to 1.2 then install old vic and lastly 1.3 beta.
    it should work now

A gamer has posted a short presentation of the new V2 DLCs (including this one) on youtube. It's a pretty nice run through of the new features of the various DLCs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIIBDdK-OA
    Last edited by Danevang; 29-03-2011 at 09:01.

Cool. I assume when the final 1.3 comes out they will be compatible, if not immediately then at some stage? Great work BTW, it looks really nice.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Cool. I assume when the final 1.3 comes out they will be compatible, if not immediately then at some stage? Great work BTW, it looks really nice.
    Yeah, I assume that it will be made compatible, it makes no sense otherwise.

Is there any way to disable the Old Vic DLC so I can play with 1.3?

und Recht und Freiheit Einigkeit's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 BetaRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Ha, yeah. I noticed that the screenshots that followed the release showed numerous UI errors. I think I'll just wait until the 1.3 patch officially comes out, since I'm running the beta now and have no desire to go back to 1.2.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

so how do i disable the old vic DLC in steam so i can play 1.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by damnt512 View Post
    so how do i disable the old vic DLC in steam so i can play 1.3 ?
    There's and uninstaller in the V2 library, I believe it's called unins000.exe.

A gamer has posted a short presentation of the new V2 DLCs (including this one) on youtube. It's a pretty nice run through of the new features of the various DLCs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npIIBDdK-OA

Old Vic DLC Graphic Requirements

The DLC looks like a great addition, but my laptop struggles with Victoria as it is, so is this DLC more graphically demanding? With the additions, I assume that it is, but I'd rather check before I don't buy it, as it does look very nice.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Does the Old Vicky DLC works correctly with the latest March 17th beta patch?.

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

200k clubHoI AnthologyDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Who is the man in the main menu?
    Peter Ebbesen: To guarantee success, rename Victoria 2 to something like "Victoria's Secret: An Encounter Under the Sun"

We'll Protect America! : a (Kaiseriech) USA/AUS AAR Ongoing

"As for myself, my course is clear. A British subject I was born — a British subject I will die. With my utmost effort, with my latest breath, will I oppose the ‘veiled treason’ which attempts by sordid means and mercenary proffers to lure our people from their allegiance. " Sir John A. Macdonald
    "A flag that does not contain the greatness of your heritage is no flag for a nation" John Diefenbaker

Quote Originally Posted by jafloresl View Post
    Does the Old Vicky DLC works correctly with the latest March 17th beta patch?.
    I haven't tried the beta, so I don't know. Try it out, there's an uninstaller for the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by jamhaw View Post
    Who is the man in the main menu?
    No one in particular...who ever you want him to be. Heh. Some powerful leader? Someone playing V2 in real style?

I can't start or load any games since installing Old Vic, and even after I uninstalled it's the same.

I can't start or load any games since installing Old Vic, and even after I uninstalled it's the same.
    With or without the beta patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Danevang View Post
    With or without the beta patch?
    With it, but even after I uninstalled OldVic I cant even get to the loading screen... crashes to desktop.

With it, but even after I uninstalled OldVic I cant even get to the loading screen... crashes to desktop.
    Hmm, don't know about that then. It's that 1.3beta incompatibility thing. The thing is, 1.3b wasn't even out when I did the DLC, so I'm affraid I don't know much about that. I don't think you'll be very lucky trying the tech support either, as the patch is beta. Perhaps you can report it in the beta thread, so it's updated for the final patch?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

i too had problem like you, but i overcome it by reinstall 1.2 and the old vic works perfectly fine without crash, maybe you should try it if you can't wait until either the patch or DLC is fixed so they are compatible to each other

Will do Daneveg.

Will do Daneveg.
    Thanks. Oh, and any feedback on the DLC design and so on is very welcome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danevang View Post
    Thanks. Oh, and any feedback on the DLC design and so on is very welcome too.
    It looks brilliant to me. I love the wood backgrounds, factory screens etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast