+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Paradox Connect Error Service Unavailable" unable to login.

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

"Paradox Connect Error Service Unavailable" unable to login.

While trying to log in through the RTS client I am welcomed by the unchanging message: "Login Failed: Paradox Connect Error Service Unavailable". I am thus unable to use the RTS client.

I must add that:
    a) I was able to access the server, through the RTS client, just a day before
    b) I am able to log in and out from www.paradoxconnect.com
    c) I am able to use the "patria manager". The top right window, which bears Paradox Connect logo, properly informs me I am connected. The "message of the day" also shows up in the RTS client
    d) I am not running any firewall, nor were my network settings changed

If it is not something temporary, have you changed your password lately adding any special characters? Or if it contains any, simply change the password to something that only contains numbers and letters.

Please let us know how it turns out, or if you have no special characters in the password.
    --
    Robert Riedel
    Dreamlords Developer

Quote Originally Posted by RiedelK View Post
    If it is not something temporary, have you changed your password lately adding any special characters? Or if it contains any, simply change the password to something that only contains numbers and letters.

Please let us know how it turns out, or if you have no special characters in the password.
    I should have mentioned it earlier: no, I haven't changed password (which only contains alpha numeric characters).

Additionally, the login window first reports: "Connected, logging in ..." then fails with the "Service unavailable" message.

I might have found the possible reason for the issue:
    I never use Internet Explorer, but its proxy settings are configured so that it connects through an academic network for occasional uses. It would seem that the proxy was acting up today and the issue wasn't obvious in my browser of choice. I disabled Internet Explorer's proxy configuration: I was then able to login successfully.

I'm glad it was resolved.
    --
    Robert Riedel
    Dreamlords Developer

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I 've got the same error as the OP, points 1) - 4)...
    I tried to reconfigure my ie as he suggests, but didn't helped.
    I will now change my paradox-pw, so that it won't use special letters any more - strange nonetheless, since yesterday I was able to login with this PW...

EDIT:
    Changed the PW now to contain only letters and numers, but still the same problem...
    Now Hoping for an answer from the devs.
    Last edited by Arrianus; 23-07-2011 at 10:38.
    And remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
    -Confucius

Read the other topic please, there is something wrong with login server, its global issue

Recruit

same Problem, and i am not alon in the CV

Recruit

I was able to log in after changing my password from a 6-digit alpha-numeric -> a 9-digit alpha-numeric password!

+ Reply to Thread