• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The nobility would come before the army methinks. Nobles command the army.
Damn bishop and his foul words.
Alfons is a madman, but a madman that has influence. The only question is now - how far does that influence go?

Nobles do command the army - that is more or less what Almodis is talking about and Alfons is offering. Even with the commanders potentially seduced to Pedro's side, you do need loyal soldiers that will follow you. Push them too far to a place they don't want to fo, and you could have a mutiny.
Pedro's ineptitude is beginning to show, the cracks in his facade are large enough that they would be hard to miss.
It can only be a matter of time before the rot spreads to the court. Even his puppeteer mother can't stop that.

I sorta wanted to get an opinion from my audience, so please speak up if you read this - how does everyone feel about the story expanding to talk about religious strife? With the collide of cultures and religions, alot of things are going to happen which will likely cause sparks and flames. We are a bit away from that, but would you guys be interested in that subject? I for one am fascinated about the power and influence religion holds. I would just hate to write about things that people don't wish to read.

Congrats on winning the AARland Choice Award for best CK Narrative ;)

Yes, definitely. Great work and well deserved.
Thank you both for your kind words! I never expected to win this award, even after I had said I didn't want to be in the race in the first place. I am glad, however, that AARland does like my work thus far.

TC, congratulations as well! Your story is incredible - I haven't seen anything like it. I am honored to share this award with you.

I am having a little trouble writing the next update - but it should be up by tonight. I apologize for the long wait.

It's okay, writer's block happens. Take your time, we'll be eagerly waiting. :)

Enjoying the read so far. Great dialogue, suspense, intrigue.

I say go for the religious angle. Pedro seems not so bright on that or any front really. The Sanchez branch of the Jimenez dynasty are rather attractive by CK standards (Sancho is himself rather hunky, compared to his brothers), so I would like to hear more on why he finds poor Urraca Sanchez so unworthy of his time.

Enjoying the read so far. Great dialogue, suspense, intrigue.

I say go for the religious angle. Pedro seems not so bright on that or any front really. The Sanchez branch of the Jimenez dynasty are rather attractive by CK standards (Sancho is himself rather hunky, compared to his brothers), so I would like to hear more on why he finds poor Urraca Sanchez so unworthy of his time.
Pedro, as I have written him by the events that fired for him, was quite the ladies man - and very afraid of commitment. Urraca is attractive, yes, but consummating the marriage, in Pedro's eyes, is akin to giving up on his bachelor-filled life.

I can't ever remember that one CK event that it's option is "But what about all the other girls?" - that is basically Pedro's reasoning. I am just glad you are enjoying it, RedRooster.

Just to clarify, this AAR is back in session. It will have an update before this day is out. I apologize for the wait, folks.

Just read the Prologue -- magnificent stuff! :)

I've never played CK, but I'm getting unexpectedly excited about the release of CK II, so I wanted to find a well-regarded AAR to get me into the mood.

Can't promise to be a rapid reader, but I'll see if I can get through what you've got so far, and then keep up from there!

Rensslaer

Pedro, as I have written him by the events that fired for him, was quite the ladies man - and very afraid of commitment. Urraca is attractive, yes, but consummating the marriage, in Pedro's eyes, is akin to giving up on his bachelor-filled life.

I can't ever remember that one CK event that it's option is "But what about all the other girls?" - that is basically Pedro's reasoning. I am just glad you are enjoying it, RedRooster.

Just to clarify, this AAR is back in session. It will have an update before this day is out. I apologize for the wait, folks.

If Urraca does have a child, maybe Pedro's mother arranged it? Pedro's idiocy is preventing the union of the Houses of Barcelona and Castille. In practical terms, the heir to the throne of Barcelona would be the son of the wife of the duke, so long as no one says anything to the contrary ;)