+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Missions [Feedback Thread]

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    There seems to be a bug regarding Force of Three mission in co-op. It either disconnects you right after loading the map (prior to selecting units) or loads the map in a funny way (I landed under the map twice, I also couldn't move my units 3 times). I thought it might be lag or connection problems at first but I tried it with a number of people from all over the world - including my brother who sits in the same room and with whom I've done allmost entire PVE map - and the result is always similar, can't play this mission in co-op.

It'd be nice if others could test and confirm it doesn't work for them too. Thanks in advance for fixing this.
    All this also applies to the Dark Path mission, it crashes me or disconnects me when I attempt to do it in coop.

Partially applies to Dusk of World map at lvl 35 - sometimes it disconnects, sometimes it loads (1/2 success rate). Seems like those maps that have custom line-ups for coop give a problem here.

For some reason the healing effect from "Defending Shrine" mission carried over to the next mission, Swamp King. Both were done in co-op which suggests bug is related to that.

Clearly there's a bug that somehow allows that effect to be snuck past the erasing after the mission.

Effect only appears on the part of that map. Not sure if it's related to shrine at all since I got it 2nd time coop-ing with someone who didn't do the shrine with me prior to that.

"Supplies on the run" mission at map level 7 in coop spawns monsters at lvl21 instead of lvl10. Reproducible.

Blood Cornelias on all maps below level 10 are vastly overpowered and way stronger than any other monster in the vicinity. They should either get range or damage reduction there.
    Last edited by Lightcaster; 06-05-2011 at 14:30.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didnít want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

gnosis shock / volley / ignite from safe distance. im aware saying this may lead to range changes on skills or carnelias.

those boars with the 4 sec stun that has 10 sec cooldown are WAY more overpowered than carnelias.

Sergeant

I'm pretty sure that range dmg skill usage vs carnelias is intended behaviour. It's been that way since the beginning of dl:tR and is still the case in dl:R

Dreamlords Moderator

delra, PLEASE do not multi-post. If you want to add something new, edit your original post.
    Cynos of Thought and Diplomacy
    Talker of the mods
    ē̪●
    "The look on your face when a toddler rips your heart out and shows it to you? Priceless.
    For everything else, there's fwoosh." -Richard (LFG)

Blog Entries
    Yes, I get you Lightcaster - but I multi-post only if I actually add a new bug report. How are devs supposed to know that I added something to my previous post - and what exactly I added there? If you still want me to edit, edit I will - just need to make sure it's actually more convenient that way. We also could have a Bugs subforum where there'd be one bug = one thread to avoid the mess of this sticky threads.

About Cornelias, I know I can kill them with ranged skills but it takes ages to do so which is both boring and tedious. I still feel they should get a slight nerf.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didnít want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

Carnelias are one of the most annoying mobs in game. Guess thats the reason Strat loves to use those

Anyway, there are few tricks how to deal with those. The best one would be to move 1 unit (assault preferably) into its range to get aggro, then run away with that one and melee it with some other asap. And with melee damage they are weak..

Blog Entries
    On Retrieve Supplies mission, if supplies spawn too close to the edge of the map you can't pick them up using the "!" cursor but instead have to walk your troops through them to pickup. It's a small thing but seems to be confusing to many so please change the spawn spot to move it further from the edge of the cliff.

On the mission to search an attacked village for survivors, "Drunken Fool" spawned villager's icon doesn't follow his race. Here he's a longbowman while his real race is Thul:

EDIT: Stop doing double post just editem them.. LC told you earlier ~.~
    Last edited by Kinimaro; 11-05-2011 at 16:50. Reason: double post

Blog Entries
    Proud Gruntls at maps lvl 22-24 seems to have a problem with their armor values. They are by far the softest unit of this area and they die at least 3 times faster than any other unit of this part of the map.

For comparison, same level 22 Blugors who also are classified melee and have same armor level can take far more punishment.

Please buff Gruntl armor a bit so they don't die so fast.

Dreamlords Moderator

Hmm the Blugors you are talking about is the 6 man group? ( since the other one is not classified as meele). And gurntls are 1 man units. So Gruntls have the full Armor till the end. The Blugors loose some each time a singel units dies of the squad.

Blog Entries
    1. There's a unit called "Blugor" at the map lvl 22 (where Force of Three were standing), 4 monsters in the group, all melee. They drop Flint. Same map spawns "Proud Gruntls" - that's also where you hunt Radiant Violet Dreams - so I get to observe those mobs a lot.

So for both Blugors and Proud Gruntls I mean groups of 4, melee units with 22 displayed armor level. Blugors are 5 times more durable than Gruntls, that's why I suspect a typo somewhere in Gruntl spawn code depriving them of their armor. Those Gruntls just stand out in their overall lack of dmg resistance among monsters at this level.

2. There's a small sound glitch when you kill a Grave Helix (same lvl22 map), or any other single snail enemy for that matter. Once you kill him, the sound of cracking his shell isn't played with the last hit but when his body starts disappearing 1s later. I think the sound is assigned to the wrong part of death animation here.

Dreamlords Moderator

Well sounds in DL are..that wa sometimes
    And about the mobs i see now ( since i can login again i can check) but beter talk about their Armor Type. So they are both Heavy Armor type .
    And i dont see why Gruntls should adapt to Blugors. I see it that way that each mob is different in hiw own way . I think Gruntls get more Dmg after all but hard to check now.

Blog Entries
    I notice two bugs in the "Missing Supplies" mission:

1. Frequently in co-op a wrong map is loaded for one of players - instead of seeing the forest he sees the graveyard from "Grave Robbers" map. You still can go through the map and finish it successfully - but the problem with it remains.

2. When the above happens, monsters in the southern part of the map (as seen in the pic) when approached "from behind" going around that small tree island in the middle don't recognize player as enemy and don't attack until they are struck. They just don't process player as enemy when he's coming their way.

Also:

3. Rushing into PvE this era I couldn't check myself but I am being told by other players they still can't play Force of Three in co-op. So I suspect despite what between-era changelog said I think the problem with one of players being spawned under the map there still isn't fully fixed.

Blog Entries
    Ever since Week of Dreams has started there's a map called "Unnamed Mission." appearing at lower levels haunting players. It's empty King of the Hill map, it doesn't spawn any monsters and only way to get out of it is to ESC+Y.

It confuses quite a lot of people, please remove it from the roster of maps.

Seems the mission had bugged, being fixed as I write this.

EDIT: Has been fixed and the mission should be working correctly.

Regarding the Missing Supplies mission: What? I didn't even know that it was possible. I know of the bug when one player does not see the map, also the one where one player can't click anywhere but around his own troops and on nightmares. Are you sure that you are not mistaken? I haven't heard this bug from anyone else, which usually is the case.

Regarding Force of Three: The attempt to fix it seems unsuccessful, it usually works itself out if you try several times. Will try to fix it again.

Edit 2: Drunken fool has been removed from the game and after the new era he will be another regular civillian fool.
    Last edited by RiedelK; 14-06-2011 at 18:34.
    --
    Robert Riedel
    Dreamlords Developer

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the fixes! :-)

Regarding Missing Supplies: Yes, I am sure, I had it happen multiple times when I was still playing in the areas which have that map and cooping there.

For one player in coop it showed the forest like it should, for another it was the cementary map on his screen. Mission could still be finished despite that confusion without any problems - and the only glitch in it was that monsters in certain spot (screenie) couldn't see me coming until attacked.

I know it's weird - but there are already bugs regarding loading textures in coop, for example it's often that wrong lord color is displayed. Might be a similar case here?

Since it doesn't really break the mission like Force of Three or Unnamed Map- it's not really a critical matter, just want you to be aware there's something strange happening sometimes.
    Last edited by delra; 14-06-2011 at 19:49.

Blog Entries
    Here's another low priority thing.

Free Outpost mission seems to have some path-finding problems that make water there passable for units. Here's my underwater Blackhide making a shortcut:

I noticed the same thing a while back in the Water Hole map - but there's only a small pond there so it's not that big a problem.

How to produce it? Just make "A" attack movement from starting spot to the right place on the other side and your unit will get manipulated into going straight through.

My emberfang did same thing there:

http://imageshack.us/f/685/divingember.png/

But this hapens time by time on all maps, maybe some minor lag issue that causes him to go directly to the target rather than on regular path. But when I tried to move him to another part of water, he didnt react, and when I've attacked the mob, I think he just run directly to water, but other units were able to shoot him as if he was on the path.

Blog Entries
    There's a small anomaly regarding Ernoks.

None of them are listed nor spawn as normal monsters on the map lvl 41-42 ("The Summit") - and yet both "Bridge" Ernok map and rare Ernok (Necromancer dropping Death Shell) have a chance of appearing there.

I think both the "Bridge" mission are rare Ernok should only appear where normal Ernoks dwell...

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    There's a small anomaly regarding Ernoks.

None of them are listed nor spawn as normal monsters on the map lvl 41-42 ("The Summit") - and yet both "Bridge" Ernok map and rare Ernok (Necromancer dropping Death Shell) have a chance of appearing there.

I think both the "Bridge" mission are rare Ernok should only appear where normal Ernoks dwell...
    Rare nightmares are binded to level range (mostly based on area designed by bosses), and so does the bridge mission mobs. its not only about ernoks, but it just behaves this way.

Blog Entries
    Rare monster of the last part of the Patria - dude called Blood Gloater drops "Soiled Soul Gems" instead like his rare brethren dropping a very powerful piece of equipment. In the description of the item it says they are quote "it's very valuable when dissolved into Soul Power".

When you actually try to do it, it turns out the item is worth 800 soul gems - which is 1.33 SP for me currently, so not "very valuable" at all.

For such a late part of Patria and such a rare monster I feel this reward's value should be considerably increased. How about 80000 instead of 800? Otherwise this is just a gigantic disappointment for everyone who bumps into him.

Please boost his item's value.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast