• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you build anything to reduce Boethuk's revolt risk?
How many colonists a year? You've 11 empty provinces, soon to be 12 with three on the go. Order would depend on base tax value.

Native uprisings in Florida, perhaps?

7.5 BB -only 7 years to go.

Must admit I'd have gone after Portugal/Ireland for the Irish colonies during the war with Spain. As it is you probably took the less risky path. Being banned from trade centres gives you a CB against Portugal.

The Natives are all long dead! Don't they need to be alive for native unrest?

If not Florida it is! I get 1 colonist a year and i intend to support a max of 5 colonies at a time.. all i can aford without more minters!

I'm fine with you taking a decade of peace in order to lower BB and strengthen the economy.

And , you don't HAVE to conquer the world

Seconded.
Securing the Americas (or even North America) will be good enough ;)

If you don't intend to colonise Florida, save your money for colonists and workshops or other revenue increasing buildings, build your colonies across to the West Coast and then up the coast to make north america (most of) it your private preserve. Looking at ways to increase your yearly number of colonists, from NI choices to slider settings, is something you may wish to look at doing.

You're already increasing your fleet and building your economy for the struggles ahead.

In my Cherokee game I set the goals like this.
1. Survive
2. North America
3. America
4. Every island in the world.

Could that perhaps be something for you? It was quite the fun game. :)

Workshops and colonies. It's not always about warfare but you do need to get to the Pacific quickly otherwise you'll find it already occupied.

buit do keep a close eye on the diplomatic situation and wait for the opportunity...

hmmm an opportunity...

Only a short update!

I order the construction of another 10 workshops, waving good bye to the last of the money from Spain.

On 13 April 1651 I get a slider move and step toward narrowminded! Hurrah a missionary every 5 years!!

June 51 see's Osage colonised, next to my naitonal focus.

In April 52 Kanawaba completes and a fort is ordered!

But by June Ireland is doing well in the colonisation race.

All five of the gulf states are now cities! and they've started to colonise inland!

16520619.jpg

Also the Spain, portugal, ireland alliance bloc are at war with the ottomans!

So do I act now? or i could wait till the war is over and someone is weakened? Portugals armies are withdrawing!!

Well, your infamy seems pretty low, so... I think it's a good time to attack Portugal!
I'd take what I can without going over the BB limit, those events are really nasty!

If you can kill them quickly , do so , if you can't , wait for them to withdraw to fight the ottomans.
But it'sa shame , i've never seen AI ireland perform so well in my games , and you want to kill them :(

I'm fairly certain that you don't have to worry about alliances.. In wars against heathens they will not bring their allies, guarantees is another thing though if I remeber correctly.

And keep a close eye on Portugal. When you feel you have an easy win you should attack, with the small Portugueese army and your now bigger navy it's the perfect time to strike.

Pity , you could do with Ireland honouring or joining your war. There's no border on the Gulf Coast cities, which means they're inland colonies you'd need to be at war to enter and they look as though they have a west coast colony, too.

What's your WE? When you infiltrate admins on the three amigos, where are their armies?

Your current BB will increase by 2 and WE by 2 on DoWing Portugal using your CB on Tennessee. You can take a couple of coastal provinces.

I'd rather your BB were lower, like 0, but this looks like a diplomatic opportunity.

I'm fairly certain that you don't have to worry about alliances.. In wars against heathens they will not bring their allies, guarantees is another thing though if I remeber correctly.

And keep a close eye on Portugal. When you feel you have an easy win you should attack, with the small Portugueese army and your now bigger navy it's the perfect time to strike.

They don't call in allies when they DOW you, but they can when you DOW them! lol

They don't call in allies when they DOW you, but they can when you DOW them! lol

Hmm... Pretty sure they don't do it for defensive wars either. Don't think they did in my Cherokee game. Have you tried it?

Your current BB will increase by 2 and WE by 2 on DoWing Portugal using your CB on Tennessee. You can take a couple of coastal provinces.

I'd rather your BB were lower, like 0, but this looks like a diplomatic opportunity.
There's no extra BB or WE if you declare with a CB, maybe if you do it without one.

Maybe you were just lucky in your Cherokee game? With no CB against Ireland you'll need to wait for a Great Man event stab gain to offset the negative stab and you may end up in a war with GB, too. Still, try Portugal first.

The War Without End Pt.5

I wait a short while, just a couple of months, and then DOW.

This answer's our question, I DOW Portugal on a trade dispute CB. I don't want Tenessee in this peace and so thought I'd go for a cb that would give me easy money.

Ireland came into the war as Portugal's ally, so they DO respond to pagan DOWs. I've not seen an ally join a war declared on me though.

The starting line up looks like this:

16520621dow.jpg

and the theatre looks like this

16520620-1.jpg

That portugese Stack looks like this:

16520620-2.jpg

You can see how much Attr they had already taken on the 15/8/1 which should have been a 22/13/1.

This next map shows all the moves in the first stage of the war:

16520620-3.jpg

Blue arrows are the movement of my main three stacks.
Red/Orange/yellow are the movement of portugesse stacks.
Purple are the movement of my small siege stacks

Black crosses are battles.

So I start by scorching the earth in Pamlico, Tuscaroa and Cheraw and the three armies withdraw to Powhatan and monacan.

I order my stacks in the west to spilt down and start sieges.

Portugal moves forward and sieges Tuscaroa and Pamlico, via Santee. Both sieges see the enemy reinforcing despite attr caused by scorching.

So I order stacks from Powhattan to attack Tuscaroa and Pamlico. Both manage to rout the enemy.

16521112.jpg
16521120.jpg

These two armies retreat, the larger force to Santee, the smaller to Catawba, but my forces are badly beaten up, morale is low. I order both armies to attack Santee, the larger is beaten back:

16521227.jpg

Once my army retreated to Pamlico I hold it there to recover. I attack the stack in Santee from Tuscoroa, not expecting to win but to keep the stack from reinforcing. I take loses here too.

At this stage an Irish stack suprises me in chicksaw:
16530315.jpg

It then moves back into Irish territory: It is not ours to question why it is only for us to do or die!

In the east I finally break the large stack again and am able to chase.

16530327.jpg

While chasing this army back to Muskagee I caught some of portugal's transports at sea.

16530417.jpg

The enemy stack was again beaten in Muskagee and eventually overtaken and destoryed in Catawba:

16530529.jpg

Stadacona then revotls with a 1/5 which will take a lot of running down, eventually being destoryed months later in Lenape.

However, Portugal has put a stack together to break my second siege of Chickasaw.
16530916.jpg

This stack would break itself up, and eventually be destoryed. a 2k army from it besieged Tomaroa via Quapaw and the rest was destroyed trying to lift the siege of Tenessee.

Things were going well, I'd destroyed most of the Armies in the South and plenty of Portugesse lands were being held. The Portugesse stack was a serious problem if only temporaily, and my defeats there had prompted the raising of replacement regiments.

Colonial Maintainace had been raised too. I need to finish some colonies and quick if my plan for peace is to work!

In the North, my forces in Beothuk, occupy Tamaku easily enough, and after using the old vacate arcadia trick i had destpryed Irelands armies there and had sieges on the two islands.

My fleet was patroling for opportunistic attacks when an exciting turn of events took place:

16531107scadow.jpg

With that many transports this could get interesting!

My war aims are simple but ambitous and will probably put me right on the line for 125% infamy! Anyone wanna guess?

In a word - no. In more -don't do it.
I'd be looking to take every single Irish colony in north america even the one on the west coast. I'd hope there are a couple of Portuguese colonies in northern mexico connecting irish provinces together. Then take the eastern most Irish gulf coast city, from the Irish in peace. Need to put a couple of colonies in the empty provinces to isolate portuguese north america.

Against Portugal, eliminate remaining armies and occupy the 13 provinces. Look to drive their WE over 15, keeping own under 5. Their armies were waiting for you. So much for fighting the Ottomans. If you don't drive up their WE, you'll be looking for the 4 coastal provinces

I imagine you'll aim to sink enough of the Scandinavians so they go away.

You wanna take over North America?
Well, if you feel ready to deal with the big BB events, then do it :D
I could give you an advice, but I'm mostly here for the reading ;)

In a word - no. In more -don't do it.
I'd be looking to take every single Irish colony in north america even the one on the west coast. I'd hope there are a couple of Portuguese colonies in northern mexico connecting irish provinces together. Then take the eastern most Irish gulf coast city, from the Irish in peace. Need to put a couple of colonies in the empty provinces to isolate portuguese north america.

Against Portugal, eliminate remaining armies and occupy the 13 provinces. Look to drive their WE over 15, keeping own under 5. Their armies were waiting for you. So much for fighting the Ottomans. If you don't drive up their WE, you'll be looking for the 4 coastal provinces

I imagine you'll aim to sink enough of the Scandinavians so they go away.

I'm not sure I can push Portugal's WE all the way to 15. I've never managed it before! once her armies are destroyed she'll simple send them 1 thousand at a time and wont be losing enough to drive it up. My lovely fleet is not strong enough to blockade her either!

The west coast colonies are portugals. And marching there would take forever!

You wanna take over North America?
Well, if you feel ready to deal with the big BB events, then do it :D
I could give you an advice, but I'm mostly here for the reading ;)

The next update is ready to be written and all will be revealed then. If you want to offer advise feel free. I like to hear ideas, even if i do mostly sitll do my own thing. But this AAR is about learning so the more opinions I get the more I learn!

So get marching. I think you're in for a long war with Portugal. War exhaustion may get that high, they are fighting the Ottomans, as well. You need colonies on the west coast. May as well take ones you can flip