• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah you are a star!! Yes in the last war, the enemy stopped blockading me, but I need my fleet to run about chasing down transports etc. The pirates got a free run at it!

So Now I need to concentrate enough naval force to do some good in war, and keep pirates away!! I hate pirates even more now!

A MIL 9 diplomacy candidate -great for the war against GB. GB was clearly shamed that the Iroquois did what the GB could not and destroy the Scottish army. A 7 ship light pirate fleet ought to be free ships for your navy and they give you WE during war, so you have to clear them out. You'll need to move troops for use in that northern theatre. Go diplomats, you can handle the revolt risk. I think I'd have used that great man to attack France and grabbed those two colonies.

back in the days , yes , but in DW i haven't seen pirate ships capturated
And the great men events are ... random , you don't know when to expect them ! :D

Good stuff - I think the lose 6BB event only fires once per game - nevermind just go with what it's telling you and concentrate on running down BB. The Irish islands are still a border but fairly soon you'll be able to land troops over there to persuade them towards an advantageous peace.

Can you show a fairly zoomed out map of the Eastern Seaboard please?

Good stuff - I think the lose 6BB event only fires once per game - nevermind just go with what it's telling you and concentrate on running down BB. The Irish islands are still a border but fairly soon you'll be able to land troops over there to persuade them towards an advantageous peace.

Can you show a fairly zoomed out map of the Eastern Seaboard please?

As zoomed out as it will go, this is at the start of the 'War of a Hundred Small Naval Engagements'... :) Alot more fighting coming up!

16290812-1.jpg

A MIL 9 diplomacy candidate -great for the war against GB. GB was clearly shamed that the Iroquois did what the GB could not and destroy the Scottish army. A 7 ship light pirate fleet ought to be free ships for your navy and they give you WE during war, so you have to clear them out. You'll need to move troops for use in that northern theatre. Go diplomats, you can handle the revolt risk. I think I'd have used that great man to attack France and grabbed those two colonies.

Stability takes forever to increase at the mo, so I avoid any stab hits like the plauge. As the Big Bad boy events could mess me up so easily, there is no way I'm dow for those french colonies! As Colonies I can seize them though for almost no infamy! France will Dow eventually and lose them! What I would have done, had I known, is taken the two Irish islands! Nevermind no point crying over spilt infamy!

As for pirates being a ship farm? I don't think so...

back in the days , yes , but in DW i haven't seen pirate ships capturated
And the great men events are ... random , you don't know when to expect them ! :D

Well I'm playing HTTT 4.1b (steam) BUT So far I have only managed to capture 1 ship and it was certainly not a pirate! I was so excited when I did capture one that I screenied it. It will be coming up in tomorrow's update!

:D Thanks all for staying with it!

Last edited:
A great man +2 stab would offset the French DoW stab hit. I think you're right to concentrate on BB reduction. I reckon you have 20 coastal provinces and that's a lot of territory to defend. On the bright side, the British can't blockade all of you unless they want to split their fleet into 2-ship squadrons with the odd lone patrol ship..

Capturing a pirate or two would be good, but a fresh fleet of pirates ought not be a problem for your veteran fleet. Looking forward, though, to you going after another set of transports. Try not to have any provinces seized by the British.

The War of a Hundred Small Naval Engagements

It takes three attempts but eventually my spies infiltrate Great Britain in East Anglia. France own London!

From this I can only find 13 big ships in East Anglia, 1 in Kathisar in India, 1 transport in Larbourd, 3 In Maracaibo in the Carribean and 6 Big ships in Barbados.

I think this is the theatre where the war will come from or go to. Maracaibo is the only city, with a level 1 fort. The stack north of it is large though 10/5/0 all the other garisons are a single cav or infantry.

162908122.jpg

I can't find all GB's fleet so she must have them stationed in TI... or at sea.

I wait to see what happens.... keeping an eye out for ship movements. This suits me as it allows my WE to come down!

Nothing happens for months! It seems GB had forgotten what it was she wanted, she also wont accept peace and so I need a low WE plan to hurt her. Not a single ship of hers come out to blockade me, nothing happens, I honestly think the AI is unsure why it's at war.

So I have a cunning plan, I'll slip a small 1/2 detachment onto Jamacia and see if I can slip them about the Caribbean burning out GB's colonies.

16300701.jpg

Is this the Gods blessing for my audiatiously cautious plan or a bad omen?

I slip in from the northwestern Caribbean without alerting the British Navy. The colony falls and I slip my fleet into port. I noticed though that the dear old Ai cheats! if I move my ships out of port the squardon in Barbados, moves to intercept. I say cheat only because the AI shouldn't be able to see that fleet.

16300703.jpg

You can see a British fleet leaving Barbados.

Wea Revolts.... Sigh

I use this knowlegde to my advantage, I send out 1 Barque to the Jamacia straights. The British order 2 Galleons to kill it, of course I time the rest of my fleet out of port to arrive just as the British do.

16300408.jpg

Rince and repeat.

My Level 1 fort completes in Tuscorora on the Portugesse border and so level 2 is started!

To celebrate this success the people of Huron get Patriotic Sentiment.. grr... I have to redeploy some troops into what was my one low RR area. Huron is too big to ignore it would spawn a largeish army with cav and maybe even an art.

Unami is jealous of the Huron's new found zeal and not to be out done immediately revolt.

My rebelious population then start experiementing with more new things!

16310515.jpg

Nice, this is the direction I want to go in, not sure I should go there but a few missionaires could be useful. I had wanted to use an NI and courthouse to reduce Christians RR but the Ai has built Constables in all their provs as well so this wasn't such a great option!

Once the 6 big ships on that station are all dead, I send out my fleet to explore the Caribbean a bit more, to find out if the Brits have any ships on pirate duty. They appear not to. At this stage the 3 transports move out of Maracaibo and start loading troops. I sail back to jamacia and time my attack to ensure the transports are fully loaded. They sink to with all hands, including 3 regiments from that stack.

At this stage more transports arrive, two squardons' one of 2 which I catch and sink, another of 1 which I was about to destroy when a 10 strong Big Ship Squardon put in at Barbados and immediately leaves for sea again... I race my fleet back into port to see how things will settle down now.

Election time and I can't keep my military diplomat, I select diplomat again, to try to keep the infamy limit as high as possible:

163106122.jpg

This new leader's acession to the premiership is celebrated with a revolt in Niagra And Patriotic Sentiment in Unami. They really didn't want to get left behind in RR.

Then we get this old chestnut!

216310615.jpg

June was not a happy month and to think that the weather was probably really nice too... Maybe that was part of it, nothing like a good revolt to get you out the house!

Back to the war:

16310827.jpg

This is a new one! Marching single stack armies over to Jamacia for a BBQ. The stack is reduced to 2/2 in this way! The Ai amazes me.

After this madness is done with I set about luring out the 10 big ships, 2 at a time of course, from Caracas where they set up home. This is much harder as I have to kill the ships before the rest of the fleet arrives so I move my whole fleet down here, bar 3 ships on anti-pirate patrol!

As this fleet is being ground down, Delaware gets Patriotic Sentiment... you know an 80% BB limit trigger is very annoying....

Eventually the 10 big ships are sunk and the war looks like this:

16321012.jpg

I'm about to start shipping my troops about the Caribbean to burn them out. The 17 remaining Big ships are in East Anglia (I renewed my 'Infilteatre Admin' Subscription) so I would have some idea if they move out to intercept me.

My High Judge great man kicks in! Nice to drop Revolt risk and fill that Stability back, thanks to the comet.

16321109.jpg

Susquenhanna demonstrates that -1 is nothing and revolts!

More to the point France warns me! Nice of them huh?

I checked my truces and realise that most of them finish within a year and then I checked my borders.

Portugal have around 15/15/1 on my borders and have been reinforcign steadily over the last year. France has her 5/12/1 moving about her slowly dying colonies. Ireland has a mere 7/1/0 in her Islands and Burgundy in Innu has 4/8/4...

With my truces nearly up I need this pointless GB war over. I burn out Jamacia on the way home.

I wait for the new year, and therefore the British Tax collectors to finish their dirty deeds and try for a peace. I take 1025 ducats and cancel GB treaty with Scotland... Doing them a favour if they would only grow a brain!

Yes I know I could have stolen a ton of colonies, but I already have 8 and am burning through reparations to maintain them! It is so frustrating!

A great man +2 stab would offset the French DoW stab hit. I think you're right to concentrate on BB reduction. I reckon you have 20 coastal provinces and that's a lot of territory to defend. On the bright side, the British can't blockade all of you unless they want to split their fleet into 2-ship squadrons with the odd lone patrol ship..

Yeah I'm a bit of an inexperienced player, I'm not aware of all the events or have a feel for their MTTH so I'd no idea the +2 stab would come at all. I have 22 Coastal Provs as the start of this GB war, 5 of them are colonies and easily taken.

I'm unsure why GB didn't try to blockade me, I think something must have gone wrong with the AI. And as for capturing ships, not a one.. you'd have thought one of GB's fleet would rather strike thier colours than be sunk but I sank all her transports and half her Big Ships with out a single capture!

If you had ships in jamaica, and the AI no unitsoutside England proper , they would still notice your movements!
that ompniscience can be exploited , of course ^^ , having their ships giving chase to several 1-cog fleets when you can land safely when they are in the med chasing you :D

and the great man event would only regain the two stab , not the 2 WE and 2 infamy you get too :D

These British don't know how to rule the waves anymore. And giving away London to France must've been a painful move :D

Nice handling of the war, your WE actually dropped!

If you had ships in jamaica, and the AI no unitsoutside England proper , they would still notice your movements!
that ompniscience can be exploited , of course ^^ , having their ships giving chase to several 1-cog fleets when you can land safely when they are in the med chasing you :D

and the great man event would only regain the two stab , not the 2 WE and 2 infamy you get too :D

Oh yeah! But really? They can see where I am all the time? and the still fall for tricks like that?

This is not good! I wondered if he had infiltrated my administration!

These British don't know how to rule the waves anymore. And giving away London to France must've been a painful move :D

Nice handling of the war, your WE actually dropped!

I have no idea how that happened. In fact I wish I could see it. England is now Great Britain, but Scotland is independent. GB has cores all over her though, but only one on Meath in Ireland. I thought you got cores on them as well, when you formed GB?

More interestingly France has Kent, London, and two provs around the Liverpool/Manchester area. At the same time Britain has cores on Ile-de-France, Normandy etc. Now I know she starts with these, but it's the 1630s... 50 years is long gone, so those cores should have vanished!

I don't know how it happened but Britain and France have had a very interesting game, probably taking it in turns to ally with Burgundy...

Anyone want to take a guess as to how that could have happened.

I think you have correctly identified that France will DoW you.
You wanted to move Narrowminded and an event did. You reduced the British from 35 warships and 11 transports to 17 warships. That's quite a naval victory and hopefully resulted in a fair bit of naval tradition. The British were a no-show in your territory.

Are the 31 Portuguese regiments in one stack or several? One way to deal with scorching would be to put 1k regiments in your frontier provinces, stick a man 6 general on Portugal's target destination, scorch and retreat. I am expecting Unami though to have massive rebellions - hopefully with Portugese troops present. I expect you'll inifltrate your enemies. I'd expectt o have to fightScotland- removingtheir core on Ungaru ought to end their cycle of DoWs. Ireland you'll take their islands and cores on you -I'd guess. Portugal, Ithink you'll look to remain under 80% infamy. Forcing them to release nations would be an idea -say their Aztec lands to hit them in their gold pockets.

I have a plan to deal with France, though I need to move some troops about. I also hope that if/when Burgundy joins in Ungava holds long enough for them to have to face a winter, sieging a scorched level 2 fort. but with 4000 Artilery I'm worried the fort wont stand that long. All depends on the time of year for the DOW.

Navy Tradition is doing well, I could get my hands on a good admiral. However, Army tradition is nowhere near good enough to get a man 6 general. It's floating around 50%.

The Portugesse armies are spread into 3 stacks, as usual, and some small 1k troop movements. But I've had 1k armies ready to scorch in case of an unexpected DOW. Also in previous peace negs with Portugal there has not been any option to release any nations at all. Not Creek, Not Shawnee, Not Cherokee, not Aztec, not Maya or Zaptotec. I've no idea why, the cores are still there, it must have something to do with having converted all the provinces?

I'm not sure Scotland will DoW. They were down to a very small navy and 1k army. Their manpower should be so low that rebuilding would take a long while but you never know. Personally I'd like the chance to lift their core. When I get a chance I'm going to take those Islands from Ireland. I just hope I get a few more months before any wars to get that WE down a bit more. This next cycle of wars is going to hurt..

To be honest with infamy, I've survived at a very very high level. I'll probably should look to keep it below 80% but I'll let it rise if it reduces borders. I'm thinking of the two islands. If I'm between 100% and 125% I'm happy. Below 80% is awesome!

The most annoying thing is that I'm too full up on colonies. I will obviously take the French and Innu at which point I'll have 8 or 9! now without minting at an alarming rate that would cost a lot.

It all depends in which order and when the DoWs come!

Maybe France and England focused merely on fighting each other and forgot about the rest of the world invading them :D That would explain a lot! The survival of the British islands minors, the rise of Burgundy, GB's cores on French land, etc.
England must have conquered part of Scotland at some point and formed GB.
Well, if you really want to know what happened, you can load as one of the 2 countries and "resign" ;)

ssh sprites, we don't mention WE and Infamy from dowing :D

I thought you still had that 6 man general from the scottish war. If you're fighting the Portuguese and the Irish, the Scots probably will join in, however small their army is.
Let's see, you have 45 regiments -9@ 5k - 1 in Ungavu incase the Scots comes, 2 facingthe Irish, and 6 in the south. You've enough money to use spies against the Portuguese to raise revolt in the Cherokee, Creek and Shawnee lands and Santee. Should give the portuguese something to think about and your armies time to concentrate to await the portuguese stacks.

Infiltrate administration is worth the money against Portugal or similar - I doubt any other spy mission is as that's money that isn't being spent on accelerating the colonial push.

It's about stopping Portugal grabbing any Iroquois provinces as much as it is bring the Creek, Shawnee and Cherokee nations back into existence by revolt. A step towards not having Portugal as a neighbour and not DoWing every five years has to be worth quite a lot of money.

Chief Ragusa Sadly there is no way to bring Creek, Shawnee or Cherokee back. The cores are there but the option is not. Fund Nationalists is greyed out. All the provinces are not Catholic and Portugesse culture. The likely rebel types, Portugesse Peasents or Particularists. I would love to lost a neighbour or two. To be honest this is proving difficult and until I have a fleet that can rival my opponents I'm a bit stuck. Even removing the borders wont remove the last few cores. But we shall see! sorry you are right about the 6 man general. I have one left, but he is very old now, the other one fell of his horse a good while back.

PrawnStar Dead on the money. I need those colonies complete as soon as possible, and I can't mint as much now that I have diplomats, etc. rather than all minters.

Ygor: I think someone must have forced GB to release Scotland. Maybe when I'm very bored I'll load them up and resign to find out what happened. At one stage Britain had more lands in France than France did too. Burgundy has played their game well!