• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations -MoRiDin-, I have selected your AAR as Weekly AAR Showcase you have done a fantastic job, edging out some mightily impressive AARs... enjoy and keep up the great work!

Closing the gap to your west coast possessions is for me a greater priority than colonising in the andes. A west coast coastal CoT, a coastal CoT in mesoamerica, one in say Pennsacola and one up in say Boethuk would boast the numbers of colonists. If you could convert to catholicism or reformed, you'd add another colonist a year.

You're determined to punish Spain and Denmark.

maybe you want to establish a coastal CoT or two to get extra colonists?
good job on beating the spanish out
maybe you want to close the gap between the west coast and the continental possessions , as they seem to try their chance farther and farther :D

More COTs hmm sounds good

Congratulations -MoRiDin-, I have selected your AAR as Weekly AAR Showcase you have done a fantastic job, edging out some mightily impressive AARs... enjoy and keep up the great work!

Way hey! It's nice to be appreciated!

Closing the gap to your west coast possessions is for me a greater priority than colonising in the andes. A west coast coastal CoT, a coastal CoT in mesoamerica, one in say Pennsacola and one up in say Boethuk would boast the numbers of colonists. If you could convert to catholicism or reformed, you'd add another colonist a year.

You're determined to punish Spain and Denmark.

West coast will come soon, I can't convert ever i'm afraid! Spain will be punished atleast!

A slide into momentary Chaos!

The war in Spanish Argentina drew to a close. The victorious Republican armies had become a rag tagged version of their former selves. Several months of fighting beyond supply lines in some of the most inhospitable mountains in the world had taken their toll.

The armies descended into Spanish territory and where force to remain in the defensive while supply lines were established and reinforcements sent out.

The remaining enemy regiments were divided and so there was no real threat. However Spanish Argentina bordered Scandinavian Brazil and so Theyonaguinn began wooing the Viking nation.

As these policies continued Lima was fully integrated into the republic, the first South American province to do so! The west coast should now be open to colonists.

In response the council were concerned about the dilution of Iroquois' culture and rejected their oldest enemies descendent!

17080502huronnonacceptedhuh.jpg

{could someone explain when/how acceptance is gained or lost? I've no idea why this has happened? also no idea why i accept Spanish and Portuguese but not Irish?}

As the war dragged on Denmark saw that without their transports they could do no more and offered a white peace. Theyonaguinn accepted as he was prepared to let them off lightly if it meant he could concentrate forces on humbling the Spanish.

17080710denmarkwhitepeace.jpg

As the palefaces were being vanquished the people of lima, now enjoying fully integration in he republic, gave up their uncouth worship of animals and not only embraced the guidance of the shamans but Iroquois culture as well.

As the final strongholds in Argentina feel the Spanish naval station was destroyed!

17090806spainsargstation.jpg

Theyonaguinn continued to woo the Scandinavians so as to gain military access, this way Spanish Brazil with her 17/1/1 armies could be assulted from the south and by sea!

Research and development of the nation gave the Republic new ideas for long term success.

17100202govtechidea.jpg

Academia was sadly still stuck in her ivory tower and had focused on developing shrew commercial practices for the nation. Theyonaguinn was unhappy with this but was not prepared for the enormous political struggle to change it. It would have to wait for peace.

At this time attention was drawn to the west coast, Portugal had established colonies in several provinces. One in the last area left between the Republic's west coast and the mainland, and others north in Alaska! Then fir another unknown reason the Iberian nation declared suicide!

17100504wwe10.jpg

Her provinces in the US and Mesomexico had 1 regiment between them. They were all under siege in a matter of weeks, her colonies were also seized, problem solved! Another defensive phase of the War Without End.

The navy had sailed over to Europe and while being supplied from Burgundian ports drew out 9at some cost) but then destroyed the Spanish home fleet! The two deckers would need a few months of repair before returning to the old world.

17100909spainishhomefleet.jpg

Diplomats had gone with the fleet and met their Scandinavian counterparts. At this meeting something of great moment took place. The Scandinavian's agreed to a full military alliance! The first European alliance had been signed. Theyonaguin thought this would buy the Republic more time, Her seizing of two Spanish colonies on the Scandinavian border, in Brazil, meant he had anticipated another enemy, the alliance undid that. The Vikings were hoping the Iroquois alliance would act as a deterrent on the Russian behemoth.

The Incan federation continued to be a thorn in the Republic's side, war was declared immediately following the apprehension of one of their spies.

17110116incaprobs.jpg

Finally the men with beards in the universities came up with something useful! tax assessors would enable the republic to end it's reliance on the Master of the Mint and could devote more personnel on improving our reputation!

17110201taxassersserors.jpg

Spain had re=established a home fleet which was again crushed with minimal losses!

17110402homefleettwo.jpg

At this point the plucky Celtic nation saw an opportunity to strike, maybe this decision was taken under the influence of a strange, bitter tasting, black alcoholic beverage!

17110510eiredow.jpg

However, Theyonaguinn was outraged that the military had shown such contempt for the Irish, the border forts were unmanned!

17110510iretheatre.jpg

Troops were rushed south from the recently conquered Portuguese lands while the Squadron of ships remaining in home waters did what they could.

17110521irenavalskirmish.jpg

The army in Arcadia also moved into the two remaining Irish island up in the north. Ireland had also wrangled two of her old provinces in South America back form the British, they too were immediately under siege. Nothing appeared to have been so illadvised as Eire's DOW.

In the mean time the Spanish, in desperation, landed a regiment of horse on Hispanola, it could achieve nothing against the level 2 forts there.

As more Portuguese provinces feel, her Mexican Squadron was forced to sea. The ensuing naval battle did not go the way it should have and the Republic were reading headlines of their losses! The council immediately started to rebuild the loses.

17110913portbeatsme.jpg

This reverse was met with another on the main continent.

17111003eirebeatsme.jpg

Iroquois over confidence was harshly brought to a close. Eventually the Republics larger and more technologically advance troops destroyed the plucky Islanders but these reverses were worrisome, humiliating and frankly without explanation.

More awful news flowed in, hoping to strip the Incans of some of their gold the diplomats moved to make peace but unbelievably the Tribal Federation was totally broke:

17120102incaoutofgold.jpg

The only thing that saved them from immediate destruction was the on-going defensive European wars. Theyonaguin was determined to take as much territory as he could, as cheaply as he could from either Portugal or Ireland.

Revenge was metered out to the Portuguese fleet as her last holding's in the New World fell.

17120222portrevenge.jpg

The council were now in a position of control over the wars. So elections were held but even though he must now be so old, Theyonaguin was elected by almost 100% of votes cast!

The debate on the future course of the war raged! Should the planed invasion of Spanish Brazil be put off and troops sent to complete Ireland's humiliation by occupying her home island? All her overseas provinces were now in the Republic's hands or under siege. The Portuguese war was in a similar position, and both European powers kept offering amazing peace settlements.

There was still another 5 years or so before the outrage of the Republic's last acquisitions, at the expense of Portugal, had been taken, no peace deal would considered till then. When that time came Theyonaguin, knew he could still only demand 7 provinces. This could be all of Ireland's North American continental holdings, the gulf coast and the Newfoundland Islands. Or the Portuguese enclave in North America could finally be removed.

Sadly Ireland still had 8 provinces bordering Iroquois lands (4 gulf coast, 2 Newfoundland, 2 next to Choco recently won from Britain) so she could not be entirely removed from the picture.

Advise was sought from far and wide and all were asked to contribute to the open forum!

{could someone explain when/how acceptance is gained or lost? I've no idea why this has happened? also no idea why i accept Spanish and Portuguese but not Irish?}

You have too few cored Huron/Irish provinces and too much cored Spanish/Portuguese provinces.

EU3 Wiki said:
If a culture becomes a significant minority within a country, they can gain the status as accepted culture. The criteria for "significant minority" is that it represents 20% or more of the base tax value in all your core provinces (not just the ones you own) and that you own at least one core of that culture. As of v.1.3, a culture loses it's accepted status if it drops below 5%.

The irish grew again? at least the naval battles keep the game interesting !

if they took colonies from the british , they may defect to you , i'd advise taking those on gulf first

the tax assessors will allow to mint a lot more/bring inflation down pretty quickly!

I'm surprised you did not took the cabinet NI ...

You have too few cored Huron/Irish provinces and too much cored Spanish/Portuguese provinces.

Well Irish may become accepted then, but Huron never again as they are only 4! but they are amoungst my oldest richest provinces! :D

The irish grew again? at least the naval battles keep the game interesting !

if they took colonies from the british , they may defect to you , i'd advise taking those on gulf first

the tax assessors will allow to mint a lot more/bring inflation down pretty quickly!

I'm surprised you did not took the cabinet NI ...

They took full blown provinces from the British, but they were originally Irish, so I'm not sure they will defect to me.

I totally messed up the NI thing! I thought having both national trade policy and shrewd commercial practices gave me decision I could take??! :(

maybe youthought of merchant shipping act?

Requirements

To enact this decision

At least one port
Has national idea Merchant Adventures
Has national idea National Trade Policy
Trade efficiency ≥ 50%

If the colonies were initially irish , they won't revolt of defect

I DOWed Spain, so her territory = 4 bb each, the others 3!

So I need advice... finally wipe Portugal out of north america, or wipe most of Ireland out?

or a combination, I could take Portugal out and then the two Irish Newfoundland islands and a little bit else... sigh..

Any more advice?

EU3_MAP_IRO_171289_1.jpg

Irish provs in red, the Portuguese ones are easier to see. (yellow)

At the mo spain would give my just under 8k ducats in peace...

Claim spanish gold , and use your infamy on Portugal/Ireland ...
Having those enclaved or newfoundland would come first , i think.

Portugal is stronger than Ireland I guess? Then take Portugal, first priority should be the biggest threat unless there was something special to be gained from others. And I would split Portugals posessions in even smaller pieces, the enclave in north america is perfect for you, provinces you can conquer with no effort whatsoever, save them for last. :)

And why do you keep the spanish war going if there is nothing more to be gained? It only prevents them from starting a war against you so you can take their provinces cheaper..

If you max out your BB again, you prevent your gaining boundary disputes and the opportunity to take land from GB or anybody else who DoWs you.Taking all the money you can benefits your economy for all the province improvements you can make.

Portugal is stronger than Ireland I guess? Then take Portugal, first priority should be the biggest threat unless there was something special to be gained from others. And I would split Portugals posessions in even smaller pieces, the enclave in north america is perfect for you, provinces you can conquer with no effort whatsoever, save them for last. :)

And why do you keep the spanish war going if there is nothing more to be gained? It only prevents them from starting a war against you so you can take their provinces cheaper..
Firstly neither power is a threat anymore! The decision is which makes my life easiest!

As for Spain the war duration is to do with colonisation in the south. I may have to give up though, it will take so many years to get them to a place where they will be fortified before the next war. I'll have to run the risk I guess.

If you max out your BB again, you prevent your gaining boundary disputes and the opportunity to take land from GB or anybody else who DoWs you.Taking all the money you can benefits your economy for all the province improvements you can make.

I have no choice but to max out bb. There are too many provinces left to take in 100 years. But i take your point. I'll get 4 prov staying under 60% bb but i'd need to stay under 30% for a good chance at boundry disputes!

Firstly neither power is a threat anymore! The decision is which makes my life easiest!

I have no choice but to max out bb. There are too many provinces left to take in 100 years. But i take your point. I'll get 4 prov staying under 60% bb but i'd need to stay under 30% for a good chance at boundry disputes!

It's very easy to conquer 4 provinces in the middle of your territory that don't have any regiments. :)

But there is no need to max out BB now. It will not give you more provinces in the end since you still have to wait for the BB to cool down. If you get more boundary disputes you will take more provinces though since you can take them for free. So lower BB will give you more provinces in the long run.

It's very easy to conquer 4 provinces in the middle of your territory that don't have any regiments. :)

But there is no need to max out BB now. It will not give you more provinces in the end since you still have to wait for the BB to cool down. If you get more boundary disputes you will take more provinces though since you can take them for free. So lower BB will give you more provinces in the long run.

Sure so i should end up at war every time my bb gets to 0 then.. cool!

To fight on the green fields of Europe.

The council eventually came to historical conclusion. Ireland would be humbled, her home provinces would be taken and the Natives would step, for the first time onto European soil.

The fleet set sail with a 5/10/5 army on board. The party was split into two and made landfall invaded both Conaught and Munster at once. The forts fell quickly and the armies advanced north ward until Ulster was the only site of continued resistance.

As this invasion was being planed the council also debated colonial policy. The problem was simple:

17160327tehsouth.jpg

The colonies marked in red were Spanish religion and culture. To set colonial maintenance low enough to prevent them completing meant 13 other colonies would have to stagnate too. Two morw wrong religeon, wrrong culture provs could be toleratred, ten years of waiting to grow any could not.

News finally reaches the New World from the Old:

17160406irelandfalls.jpg

Celebrations reverberate all over the Americas and some old Incas finally give way in light of this victory, and therefore the implicit superiority of Iroquois culture and religion!

17160408chanchanconverts.jpg

News of the final destruction of Ireland's fleet further cemented the situation. The debate on what to deman restarted in earnest.

17160419endofirishfleet.jpg

As the council debated and celebrated thier victory the diirs were swung open as yet another travel weary messanger arrived from the cheif spy in Spain.

17160419SpainandBurgundyatwar.jpg

Spain and burgundy were at war, and without their fleet Spain was numerically weaker. Her humbling was going to be complete. With this news the council ordered the army in Ireland to Portugal and again the army landed in two parts the main in Lisboa and the rest in the next richest province.

17160919portugalunderseige.jpg

Spain responded by marching to her allies aid in force, abandoning Madrid to the Burgundians. Diplomats immediately came to terms with Spain to avoid fighting and the European giant was made to pay! Her cores were left in the hope of one day fighting a defensive war.

17161030spainishpeace.jpg

After being abandoned by her Iberian Ally the Portuguese brought their rag tag army home, it was destroyed efficiently.

17161231endofportsarmy.jpg

as news of the armies annihilation reached the capital, Lisboa threw down their arms and the remnant of Portugal's once finr fleet was Scuttled in the bay.

17170323siegeoflisbon.jpg

Soon the whole nation was occupied, Portugal still had control of her west African possessions and the Atlantic islands but she was thoroughly defeated.

17180621thewholenation.jpg

The Spanish reparations where spent whole sale on 30 more tax assessors, 5 ship yards and the improvement if every coastal provinces fortification; they would all now be able to hold a garrison of 3000.

The arguments raged as to what to demand from Ireland and Portugal. The republic still had a couple of years before their tarnished reputation was completely repaired. However, they desired peace soon, so they may institute a new idea, and from the council draw a Cabinet to make decisions. Theyonaguin, still in charge, felt the full council was too unwieldy an institution with which to make decisions.

Ohhh.. That feels so good. :D

But you will only take provinces from one of them i guess so you could take all the money from the other. Now you actually don't want them to get a high WE. A high WE for Portugal will result in that it takes longer time for them to recover and declare war on you again. You want many and small wars to manage your BB better. :)

Or... Are you close to revolution and counter revolution idea? With that you get a 2 BB/province CB. That way you will have full control of when the war starts and ends. :)