• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I may be misunderstanding that map but Ireland doesn't look to be too healthy right now...

I may be misunderstanding that map but Ireland doesn't look to be too healthy right now...

Yeah, she's occupied by Heretical (Fracelli?) Rebels. I'm not expectinga DOW from her lol... Not sure I ever can again!

I hate it when nations are forced to release some of their components ...
that scandinavia is danish formed? :(

Sweden, and she was forced to release Norway and Denmark a while back. Should be interesting to see what happens. I'm supprised she hasn't taken more back yet, but GB is the biggest laugh, Wales, Cornwall, Northumberland, Ireland, Munster, Scotland and even England (Lancashire, London and Kent) are all sepperate! Though she has England in her Sphere.

I think if I choose to go to Europe, GB will be the soft way in. Ireland then the rest of Britain...

I used Ireland as a staging post for Europe - there's no doubt that being able to build up forces there rather than in the Americas will make a huge difference.

I used Ireland as a staging post for Europe - there's no doubt that being able to build up forces there rather than in the Americas will make a huge difference.

Ireland and then GB should allow me to engage Europe without exposing my expeditionary forces to the European's full scale manpower! While I can atleast get my legs under the table first!

80 prestige from beating the Inca is overkill. A good job humiliating Spain. You're close to linking up the west coast and still have Portugal to fight to gain a link with your south american territory.

Another free fort. I'd prefer boundary disputes- the DIP 9 is proving diappointing in gaining these.

Attack Portugal next.

80 prestige from beating the Inca is overkill. A good job humiliating Spain. You're close to linking up the west coast and still have Portugal to fight to gain a link with your south american territory.

Another free fort. I'd prefer boundary disputes- the DIP 9 is proving diappointing in gaining these.

Attack Portugal next.

Well I'm not sure how to play it, I can wait till my infamy is down to zip and dow and take another 5 provs, or try to get them to dow me and take 7 provs.. but I don't think they will dow me... I'm now bigger than them in everyway... Though if I do war with them I'm gonna lose my little African colonies but I don't care much for them!

Incan troubles...

[disclaimer; I did not take enough map pics for this update sorry]

The war dragged on. The Iroquois war council met to disscus the next stage as the last forts in Spanish Brazil were falling to Republican forces. Theyanaguinn was demanding that the war continue untill a posiitive peace could be demanded, after all the Spain fleet was in disarray and with no transports she would be hard pressed to bring relief to her overseas territories.

As the debate moved forward on to discussions of detail concerning a plan to take Spainish Argentina and then possibly mount an invasion of North Africa or Blockade of Spain proper when they were interupted.

16920609scanwarinca.jpg

The Scandinavians had declared war on Inca. This changed everything. The council was unanimus; war was declared! The soft but rich pagan nation could not be allowed to fall to the europeans.

16920609war.jpg

The war wouuld opperate in two threatres, the armies still in Brazil would attack into Scandinavian Argentina, while troops from Lima would attempt to seize the four Scadinavian colonies along the coast of Chille. Spies immediately infiltrated the old Swedish capital.

While the armies were on the move the Republic dealt with some internal matters, a level 3 fort was constructed and funded by the people of Hochelega. It was also election time and Theyonaguin won yet again. He used this new mandate to order a comprehensive building program. Every province would recieve a courthouse and then every area embracing Iroquois culture and following the true faith would build Constables, to close any tax holes.

The fleet as usual made frist contact with this latest enemy and won several small battles such as this:

16930923morefleetaction.jpg

However the Chillian task force was making good progress until the local enemy regiments fought a brilliant holding action.

16930210lossesinthesouth.jpg

This enabled the Scandinavians to finish construction of a fort in Pictunmapu.

While this was taking place the norse fleet had worked around the Republic's and landed a small force into Inca. Defenders raced to reverse this but Scandinavia seized Nazca from the gold producing natiives.

Spain had responded by ordering the whole of her Argentine forces into TI in the south, presumably marching across and into the recently seized colonies, taking one before turning back as the Reppublic's forced poured into Spainish argentina as the Scandinavians folded there.

The plan was to defeat the Spainish and burn out her colonies in the TI.

having whack the Norsemen diplomats managed to negotite a good peace, the Incan prov was taken and the fort in Chillie.

16940104scanpeace.jpg

The gold was hardly insignificant either!

As the Spainish armies marched back over the mountains to meet the Iroquois the colony they had snatched was sezied back.

However another nation hoped to make someething out of the Iroquois troubles.

16940206gbdow.jpg

This pompted a response. The Spanish were engaged but the Republic was being beaten back. It seemed likely that the campagin in Spainish Argentina would be drawn out. With GB's DoW things could get out of hand.

Theyanoguin ground his teeth as the council conceeded defeat yet again to the Spainish.

16940209spainpeace.jpg

Troops were order into british held lands, once again on the north coast and the southern tip of Argentina. They did not look to be much a threat once Spies in Cambridge had revealed that their large forces in the north were unsure whether the threat would come from the east. out of Spainish lands, or the West direct from Republican Choco.

Gb started to lose ground and ending the war with spain forced them to doubt their purpose.

Seeing this turn of events Portugal decided the solution to her problems could be found in snatching the Incan gold mines.

The War Without End Pt. 8

16940417portwaroninca.jpg

She had a stack of 6/11/0 in Arica. The fleet was scrambled to bring as many troops as possible into Lima. The incan's had hardly helped themselves as they had sponsererd rebels ion republican lands!

Lisboa was also inflitrated to get the best intel the natives could find.

16940501spyport.jpg

The small forces in SE USA were defeated early on and Seige warfare spread across the south and mexico un oppossed.

16940619tennessee.jpg

The portugese were making gains in Inca, the republic was massing troops in Nazca but were as yet insuffucent to try to halt the enemy.

16940902Incaintrouble.jpg

Portugal had only seized one province so far but her column took another and then the incan's made peace ceeding Puno, Arequipa and Huamanga. The Iberians offered a white peace, which was refused.

By now the British proveinces of argentina had fallen and the majority of her frces in the north were destroyed or in retreat. Diplomats found the once proud british again desperate for peace. Gold and the release of Britain's onlt Indian holding were the price.

Republican forces went on and defeated the portugesse in Inca and took control of the recentlly annexed areas. Rebels, with loyalties o the Incans wre raised in the now cut off portugesse territories.

16950415mysolution.jpg

This turn of events offered another opportunity. The council met and decided to take advantage of the fact that once mexico had fallen, the Republic would enjoy the land route being opened to the south again. Parties of settlers would be gathered ready for this moment, and natural dampners would be set to the Scandinavian colonies to prevent them reaching self sufficency before hey could shown the vitues of roquois culture and the wisdom of the Spirits!

These conquests taxed even Theyanoguin's considerable skills, the Republic was getting harder to control once again.

16950502overextension.jpg

As Campeche fell the Portugesse fleet was forced from port and sent to Davy Jones'. The land route was open and the colonists went out to convert the wayward norse!

16960227bfleet.jpg

It was yet again election time but the wise old hand again fought off all comers.

16960809election.jpg

His age made many think that he was too conservative by far and liberals demand more innovative policies. Theyanoguinn argued long and hard with them. to do so would mean to cut off even the megre funding already sent to the one missioary seminary. the liberals didn't accept his concers and rose in a rather pitiful rebellion.

16970101libsangry.jpg

Once the colonies in the south had been completed and the excellence of /iroquois culture had been demonstated peace was arranged with portugal.

16970101peeace.jpg

this peace connected up the south american holdings, and cut off Incan lands ffrom the outside. It was hoped the rebels would turn the portugesse lands over to their original owners. Anothe step to a permanent land route was taken as was the free, already core province in SE USA.

16970206overrexloss.jpg

These modest gains were well within the administrations organisational abilities!
Failure to burn out the spainish colonies in argentina fuel fears. The Republic had done well but had also gained a border with that powerful nation.

16970312inca.jpg

Yet Inca had been saved for slowly integration. And almost all the Europeans had been defeated! The African colonies had been lost but this remove a sore point with burgundy and they were never held as serious prospects.

Last edited:
And the Iroquois are slowly colonizing modern day Chile ... :D
with all those war tributes , you have so few gold? that is part of the intensive fortification effort? :D

You're closer to linking north and south america.

You can tell from the red border on the south american map that Spain owns all the white bits. Since you were at war with them, you could have sent troops to explore. You can tell Spain has a border with Cuzco.

In the Americas, your European foes are Spain, Scandinavia, Portugal and Great Britain. Your long lived ruler must be in his final term, he should, I hope, give a bumper load of boundary disputes - a couple at any rate. I'd like to see you take every colony you can -though it's your call as to whether the financial cost now is worth the infamy saving later.

And the Iroquois are slowly colonizing modern day Chile ... :D
with all those war tributes , you have so few gold? that is part of the intensive fortification effort? :D

Partly forts, but mostly spent on two things... buildings ( i have workships, marketplaces, courthoses complete and cosntables in almost all the right culture/religous places trying to max income) the second thing is colonies and deflation. My inflation is now down to about 4 from 7 at it's highest. colony wise, for a long while I had 11/12 cols at once... that eats up the money! Plus I've just had a bunch of cols complete, forts on borders cost a lot!

You're closer to linking north and south america.

You can tell from the red border on the south american map that Spain owns all the white bits. Since you were at war with them, you could have sent troops to explore. You can tell Spain has a border with Cuzco.

In the Americas, your European foes are Spain, Scandinavia, Portugal and Great Britain. Your long lived ruler must be in his final term, he should, I hope, give a bumper load of boundary disputes - a couple at any rate. I'd like to see you take every colony you can -though it's your call as to whether the financial cost now is worth the infamy saving later.

I do now take any colonies I can, even if I can't get my own colonist there to filp the culture and religeon.. I also still have Ireland as rival lol... AS for Scandinavia, I don't have a border with them, and I only got messed up with them when they went for Inca which they now can't.

As for Spain and Cuzco, they are not bordering yet, alteast when I load the save the nation choice screen still has that area uncolonised!

I think my next step will be to take a couple of Inca provs everywar at 1 infamy each it's easy territory....

2011-04-22_00001.jpg

once lima cores, in about 10 years I can send colonists there! (i think)

Last edited:
Bit by bit you're kicking the pale invaders out of the land of our ancestors!
Don't you think an ally in Europe would be fun for roleplaying reasons?

Edit : you're allied with Gujarat? :eek:

I sit corrected about Spain's borders. I'd forgotten about Ireland's 6 provinces. I am assuming GB will take them at some stage. Give Ireland a guarantee.
I think Spain will have colonies up to Cuzco before their next war. They may help you link up your west coast colonies. I am confident you'll soon have a border with Scandinavia. The Incas have been good for a war with Spain and Portugal, so far.

Bit by bit you're kicking the pale invaders out of the land of our ancestors!
Don't you think an ally in Europe would be fun for roleplaying reasons?

Edit : you're allied with Gujarat? :eek:

i forced GB to release them! :D

Edit: I tried to ally with Burgundy as weshare no border but they wouldn't have it.. ot even a look in

I sit corrected about Spain's borders. I'd forgotten about Ireland's 6 provinces. I am assuming GB will take them at some stage. Give Ireland a guarantee.
I think Spain will have colonies up to Cuzco before their next war. They may help you link up your west coast colonies. I am confident you'll soon have a border with Scandinavia. The Incas have been good for a war with Spain and Portugal, so far.

Well the Inca just built a cot.. and banned me from it! So I have a ready cb any time I want now!

Last edited:
The peace...

Peace was again restored to the republic, and it was whisphered that the spirits predicted a few years or the republic to grow.

All efforts were redoubled, the gold aquired from war was ear marked for develpoment, ?Colonial Maintance was top priority, as was raising all forts on European borders to the highest level military engineering can manage (lvl4, except portugal's borders)..

After that money was spent on workshops, marketplaces, courthouses and constables for all new provinces.

Even the farmers met the renewed peace reinvigourated:

16971106.jpg

As time passed a young man wuth zeal in his eyes and sacred acorns in his pocket came forward and was sent on to contniue the slow work of converting the heathens.

16980310.jpg

Elsewhere in the south the policy of supporting rebels in the lands stolen from the Incas by the perfidious portugesse had paid off. The country was reunifed...

16980409incareformed.jpg

However the Natives were not pleased, and jealous of the republics aid in this matter thet sent a string of spy attacks:

16980828incaspies.jpg

These destroyed the latest colony founded in the south, one which could not be replaced until Lima cores. War was declared immeediately!

During the campaign, which was more like a stroll in the park, the greatest general fell from his horse:

16981210deadgen.jpg

Then did another:

16990102deadgen.jpg

Then the last!!:
16990208deadgen.jpg

Something very odd here, very very odd. A whole generation gone in a flash! One suspected foul play but none could be found.

16990211incapeace.jpg

Th Incan tresasury was cleared out. Due to infamy levels it was not deemed neccessary to to take any territory yet.

In celebration of the news the pale faces in pamlico finally greeted the spirits into their lives and gave up on thier odd belief in a strange man nailed to a strange tree.

16990621isson.jpg

Other goodnews arrived, the Republic had finally closed the military tech gap and started work on a new idea, a Twodecked ships, neverbefore seen in the world!

16991204tech.jpg

As the old cetury closed the Republic had risen to new hieghts.

In econmic terms she was paramount,

17000101income.jpg

On the seas she was dominant:

17000101navies.jpg

Militarily she had much potential:

17000101forcelimits.jpg

17000101armies.jpg

Europe was still a mess and in near incessant wars;

17000101europe.jpg

The frontiers of the known world were being pusshed back:

17000101worldmap.jpg

The eighteenth century would be the Iroquios century!

The end of this peace came suddenly and unexpectedly, the cornish, released by by the british at Theyaonaguin's insistence were in troubleand the republic found itself in a defenisve (3bb a prov) war..

17000503.jpg

The war council was convenned and the old master Theyanoguinn still precided over it.

"Now this will be interesting" he was noted saying....

Ok opinions on removing the big bad boy events?

Frankly I'm tempted to try a WC from here, my frist ever in EUIII. (certainly on very ahrd difficulty got bored of games once dominate in past and didn't bother with them)

If it weren't for those events I'd have had the whole of North and South America by now! Doing it at 4/5 provs at a time and even buring bb off at my fast rate about 1.3ish a year (0.8 leader, +.6 from great people. I could drop my master of the mint but deflation is good... maybe when he dies I will, or cerntainly when I get tax offices I can...)

not sure about changing the game paramaters at this point though... Otherwise I'm going to have to concent myself with the americas and maybe a start on europe or asia...

Another war. Europe looks pretty usual: big Austria, powerful Ottomans, MUscovy expanding towards the Pacific. You have a Trade CB on the Incas and use a Discovered Spy.

Dearth of boundary disputes. It's going to be costly to take all those provinces. All GB colonies will be Iroquios. Allied with Ireland -will Iroquios troops enter Europe? Staandard battle mode, destroy enemy transports and lure out their battlefleets.