• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Great Spirit has returned to his Celestial Home and mortals now find the task of running the republic beyond them.

If Ireland is now Tyrone, where's the capital of Ireland?

You have annexed the Inca. You can now concentrate on getting rid of the Europeans.

Hope your DIP 9 gets lots of boundary disputes. Make the most of him, because I think your administrative republic needs an administrator to run it.

The Great Spirit has returned to his Celestial Home and mortals now find the task of running the republic beyond them.

If Ireland is now Tyrone, where's the capital of Ireland?

You have annexed the Inca. You can now concentrate on getting rid of the Europeans.

Hope your DIP 9 gets lots of boundary disputes. Make the most of him, because I think your administrative republic needs an administrator to run it.

Ireland? hehe, In the second south american province, the one that borders GB and not me lol... I'll dig out the name later...

I hope he does too, with 3 admin and 3 military he isn't use for anything else.

A short peace please!

The Republic had annexed most of the Incan territories, only the capital remained officially occupied. The diplomats worked tirelessly to repair the nation's reputation. However, the lack of administrative ability continued to darken the horizon and the government blundered from one crisis to another.

17250527incomp.jpg

The chief's high skills in the art of diplomacy and speech giving did not produce any new claims on the Republic's enemies, But several times he did manage to inspire local groups to improve their security.

17260723forts.jpg

Three new forts were built in the end, but in line with his other incompetences they wrer all in unhelpful places. As the diplomats became successful the decision was taken to formally annex the last Incan province. This was not very efficient in terms of outrage [8 bb] but the nation could not afford to not be moving forward and no European war seemed likely. This resulted in a new mission against Portugal:

17261205mission.jpg

Sadly this was not much use as the cb would be seen as aggressive and the infamy gained would high. The next war with Portugal needed to be defensive and swiftly concluded.

Election tim came round again and despite the need for finding claims on our rivals the nation elected a new Administrative candidate:

17270425newleader.jpg

Bear Paw's Skills had an immediate effect:

17270504endofover.jpg

Also the reduced Irish nation made a serious blunder, they moved their national focus to the Republics border. Bear Paw wasted no time in making use of the friction this caused and a war would be started.

17290714cb.jpg

Scotland as defender of the faith joined the Irish in war

17291127doweire.jpg

The diplomats had almost arrived back to a position with nothing to do, their plan was for a quick war to take two Provinces, this would balance the loss of reputation: The Republic's armies started to siege the enemies towns immediately. However it seemed there was little hope of a large defensive war against a European power, GB was the best bet, Portugal and Spain were both still exhausted from their last ordeal.

Is that Japan and Manchu partitioning China? Who owns South East Asia and Central Asia? Austria is awesome
Now that it's past 1650 is it still impossible to ally with Burgundy or maybe Austria? ;)

Is that Japan and Manchu partitioning China? Who owns South East Asia and Central Asia? Austria is awesome
Now that it's past 1650 is it still impossible to ally with Burgundy or maybe Austria? ;)

Burgundy still says impossible but Scandinavia said yes... I'll have a look at Austria... though both Scandinavia and Austria survive only with Moscow's forbearance.

And yes it is Japan and Manchu carving up China.... :)

Ok everyone please vote with your prefence...

1) Those who want to see an attempt at world conquest please say so!

2) Those who would like to see me continue with all the BB problems I've had so far, and thus read me continue with more limited aims to own America and any targets of opportunity there after?

I would set up a poll but I can't do that part way through a thread. So even if you just read and never comment please vote for either 1 or 2!

I'm thinking I may convert to Vicki 2 once I've finished the EU period and go for the WC from there! But I've never played vicki 2 at all so that would be a very very serious learning game..

Bah stupid Burgundians. How about the Muscovites then?
And I really need to know who owns SE Asia and Central Asia?

It's okay as long as you've finished the conquest of the Americas first.

Since allies don't get involved in colonial conquests there isn't much point getting any.

And if you want higher chances for war you can guarantee everyone around your enemy. Check your opponents missions and guarantee if there is a nation threatened there and also just guarantee their neighbours.

Since allies don't get involved in colonial conquests there isn't much point getting any.

And if you want higher chances for war you can guarantee everyone around your enemy. Check your opponents missions and guarantee if there is a nation threatened there and also just guarantee their neighbours.

But it's fun for roleplaying reasons! ;)
I second the second point. That strategy got me vassalising all of North India and South East Asia in my current game as Dai Viet.

Last edited:
I've got another update ready to write up, but it's short with not a lot happening.

I really need some advice, I think I may have to take some bb inefficient provinces. The update will explain but basically I'm not getting dow'ed, and I've guarenteed loads of little nations and big ones around my enemies.

When BB gets to zero I'musing whatever CB's I have to take a prov here and there, but still it's slow going and I'm not going to take the america's this way. Only Spain can really fight me and her WE is too high. She's stuck involved in wars all over the place as her empire sprawls...

I'm going to have to take the occasional 4 bb province i think at least one in each war or else there will be times when i'm at 0 bb and wasting opportunity.

EDIT: SE ASiA? Champa and Majaphait... :)

A province isn't BB inefficient at 4 points if you'd otherwise be sat at 0.

A couple of short wars and a shocking realisation...

As the siege guns pounded on, night after night, day after day, the navy had a suprrise

17310101scottishfleet.jpg

What exactly the Scottish fleet was doing in the pacific was and remained a mystery. They had no territory there their victory was assured:

17310108scottfleetresult.jpg

Indeed this was the last heard of the enemy fleet. The vast majority of the Republics vessels were on the east coast so no real chase could be given. But no further attack developed either. Maybe they were on a world cruise and just got lucky?

Sadly bear paw was an elder statesmen and he passed away causing yet another election. An administrative candidate was elected, the republic considered her good reputation as no longer a skill full leader now she had a cabinet to share the blame.

17310409election.jpg

Whoever this candidates skills still lay in that direction and the Republic again began to suffer the ill effects of over extension.

17310502oveextenstion.jpg

The war with Ireland came to an end, but sadly the Irish could not be convinced to relocate their capital yet again. The province which caused the friction was claimed as was Ireland's wealthiest American possession. They also kindly donated their treasury.

17310819irelandpeace.jpg

It was again time to the nation to make some long term decisions. The quality of the army would be the focus of reform for the next decade or so. While the republic was not as innovative as the Council would like the need to support the Shaman's work continues.

17310823slidermove.jpg

Christian influences started to present an opportunity to the Republic. Allow her people to experiment in those wicked ways or suppress them. AS suppressing them would restore any disorder, the opportunity was used to roll more widespread reform up into the whole package. Since the Republic now had an efficient system of Tax Assessors she no longer needed her National Bank. This was changed for a policy of divine supremacy, a policy that may allow the Republic to become more innovative again later on.

17311022changeidea.jpg

The religious authorities were so pleased with this change of policy that they endowed a new university to teach the heretics of Inca.

17321007universitypiro.jpg

The nation continued to improve their own defences too, refusing to believe that even the interior was safe from the pale faces yet.

17321227foritifcationenhancement.jpg

As peace continued some of the Incan heretics started to learn the truth of the spirits and gave up their love of animals for listening to the 'wisdom' of the spirits as divinated by the Shamans. Tarma converted to the true faith.

Soon the Republic's reputation was repaired and so another war was needed. The council had called for the conquest of Belize some years ago and so a new war was declared on Portugal, the War Without End would continue again. Denmark, as defender of the faith, joined in as well.

17331030denamrkin.jpg

The Republic was hardly trembling in her shoes at the onerous nature of this conflict. the navy immediately put down the enemy patrols..

17331030navalbattles.jpg

The old Spanish province of Powhatan was suitably cowed by this action and converted to the Shamans ways.

There was only one battle in America, decidedly one sided and it did nothing to slow the near immediate siege warfare across all of Portugal's american holdings. The fact they still had any made half the council mad for blood.

17340106battlenewworld.jpg

To expedite a quick surrender once the the Republic held the territory it coveted the expeditionary force was sent to Portugal. There the enemy had vast numbers of cavalry ready to fight.

17340305navalgood.jpg

The balanced forces of the Republic were again victorious and the enemy was routed, pursued and destroyed before they could make it to the Spanish border and safety.

17340321battleoflisbon.jpg

The Nordic allies made a brief appearance, their transports went down to Davy Jones' easily as any others.

17340528danishtransports.jpg

The heretics in Huanuco, Inca land, heard the news and gave over to the teaching they new now must be true, for the Iroquois could do the impossible and defeat the pale faces!

An intrepid expedition in the Pacific claimed and seized several Portuguese colonies in New Zealand and Australia. Only afterwards did the local commanders realise that they were much too far from the mainland for any Iroquois colonists to arrive.

17341024battleoz.jpg

Yet it was important to de-nigh Portugal any opportunity to expand her power anywhere.

As Australia, Lisboa and the rest of Portugal fell, so peace was made. Belize and 3 other, rich provinces, were taken from the enemy.

17341128peace.jpg

The diplomats finally had something to do, something that could take them a few years. The council started to look about for the next sigh of danger and found it down south. The Spanish had around 40-50 thousand troops in Argentina. The army in Portugal was reassigned to there and further reinforcements were sent south and another 30 regiments were ordered to be raised. But there was worse news:

2011-05-28_00001.jpg

In the course of the last few years they had reach tech level 40 in land! The Republic immediately started to attempt to close the 8 level gap and ordered the construction of weapons manufactories to help.

The world in early 1735:

EU3_MAP_IRO_173531_1.jpg

sorry for the delay in the update!

8 tech lead for Castille? it's time to correct that!
soon all of north America will be under control of greater iroquois federation ^^
The only rival in terms of size would be mega-Muscowy

8 tech lead for Castille? it's time to correct that!
soon all of north America will be under control of greater iroquois federation ^^
The only rival in terms of size would be mega-Muscowy

Yep, but there income is a lot lower... I see a 19th century cold war brewing lol...

100 years left to free the ancestral land from the pale faces! Tick tock.

And don't I feel that Tick Tock... North America is no problem, but getting the whole of the south? It is most annoying that the Europeans wont oblige me by declaring war!! grrr, ok so my income is bigger, my armies are bigger and well everything is bigger but hey don't let that stop you!