• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you want to go for an Iroquois WC (and who doesn't?) then you'll need to drop the events.

If you don't then clearing the Americas looks a reasonable challenge.

If you want to go for an Iroquois WC (and who doesn't?) then you'll need to drop the events.

If you don't then clearing the Americas looks a reasonable challenge.

A lot of my ecconomy is based on trade, high BB would kill that anyway wouldn't it? Though if I catch up in trade tech (currently at 24) then I should be able to storm trade.

Does the damage the BB does to trade maxout or simply keep going up?

we have until I'm ready to make peace to decide...

Last edited:
Ok everyone please vote with your prefence...

1) Those who want to see an attempt at world conquest please say so!

2) Those who would like to see me continue with all the BB problems I've had so far, and thus read me continue with more limited aims to own America and any targets of opportunity there after?

I would set up a poll but I can't do that part way through a thread. So even if you just read and never comment please vote for either 1 or 2!

2. Press on with it as you have. Next game disable the events. BB is a bad idea in my view and Paradox have made it a lot worse. Should fix real problems like that SPanish stack entering your lands without MA or being at war.

2. Press on as you have. Look to colonize south east asia and africa if time permits.

2. and the pacific islands while you're at it

Too bad Burgundy doesn't want too :( Roleplay-wise it would be awfully fun.

A spiral winthin a spiral, a wheel within a wheel.

The British had obviously miscalculated the Republic's commitment to their Cornish allies. TThe natives once again efficently inflitrated the British Government in Norwich and surveyed her American holdings:

17000504britishamerica.jpg

There was little to no build up of troops the British had not expected the Iroquois to fight. As always they had underestimated the appeal of cornish pasties! Northumberland had already been re-conquered but the Republic could do nothing for them as they has eschewed their alliance. However, despite loving the little nations signature dish, the Iroquois had a different prize in mind, the recently rebuilt Royal navy.

That little republic in the south west corner of britain had turned first to the Irish for help and Theyanoguinn was forced to leave the diplomacy and leadership of the war in thier incapable hands.

The opposing forces lined up as thus:

17000506navies.jpg

As the Republic's armies fanned out across British America and British Argentina the navy drew out thier enemies from thier new world stations.

17010226rducingtheroyalnavy.jpg

The election rolled around and yet again the aged, now almost a legend in his own life time, Theyanoguin was re-elected to see the nation through this troubled time. The people of Mexico though felt unprotected and so paid for and built further fortifications on their own initiative. all though they had viewed this action as a form of demonstrating the old portugesse province could still act somewhat indendently the council recieved the news in good hunor, commenting on how this made mexico more ripe for conversion!

The Republic's navy was not the only one out at sea and austria committed her's to launch and invasion of Irish Lands.

The brave central europeans, rowing across the atlantic in thier galleys were caught once again, and over a few days almost the whole of the Austrian fleet had perished.

17010312austriasgrandinvasion.jpg

The Incan national focus was now on the border with Lima and this caused friction as there were several violations of the territory.

17010616inca.jpg

The Incan's also continued to make trouble, starting rebelions with their underhand tactics, thier bottomless pits of gold made financing such annoyances a simple matter. They would be punished once the truce was up.

The British had been using 3 transports to sneak small and ineffective forces into British America. With the Austrian fleet sunk, the Navy turned their attention here and sunk the British too. There were then no enemy fleets left in the New World.

That year the sun shone bright and the rain fell heavily and the natives cultivated another bumper harvest.

Frontiers men in the South West had pushed the broders of Iroquois' lands out further along the coast and inland. The Republic refocused their efforts on this area:

17020404movenf.jpg

During a routine patrol one of the republic's Admirals died. He had often held command of the 'bait' fleets used to draw out the enemy and his life was celebrated. The navy had just left for the Old World when he had died and it was lamented that he never saw the total humliation of the Royal Navy.

As the fleet crossed the Atlantic and made for friendly Burgundian ports Great Britain attempted a white peace. However this was ignored as the war aims of total naval supremacy had not been reached.

Portugal then declared war, hoping to take advantage of her temporary New World naval supremacy.

17030330portdow.jpg

The War Without End had entered it's ninth phase! This was folly, while the navy ordered the pirate patrols to avoid portugal's shipping, the army fanned out unopposed into Portugesse SE USA and central America. On a defensive war the Iroquois vowed to make them pay.

Recently raised armies were ordered into the long march south, through portugal's lands to reinforce the newly constructed forts on the Iroquois/Spainish border. The people of Unami converted to following the ways of the Shaman and his spirit guides!

The navy met with much success in the Old World, eventually flattening both Britain and Scotlands fleets, and all for the loss of 4 war galleons mostly due to the absence of an Admiral adept at holding an enemy force and surviving till reinforcements arrive.

17031116warprog.jpg

With the aims of the war achieved and the scope for peace reduced by Irish leadership, Theyanoguin made peace in return for money.

17040107gbpeace.jpg

This was not considered a betrayal of his Irish wartime allies, as the enemy no longer held enough transports to cause her serious trouble.

Theyanoguin turned his attention back to the Americas. The war with Portugal offered a chance to finally connect all the Iroquois holdings together. This meant colonisation in the south would be possible as would reinforcement via land. The war council surveyed the Spainish border with concern:

17040114spainishthatre.jpg

Colonies were marked up on the map and one would become a city within the year! Something had to be done and a plan was formed. The Spainish had local suprmacy with a stack I of 6/7/0 and stack II 15/9/5 and stack III pf 0/1/0. The Iroquois had 4/8/3 in Picummapu and 2/2/0 marching back from British Argentina. Another 1/2 was marching south from Artica while 2/4 were tied up putting down an Incan sponsered rebellion in Lima.

The plan was simple, fast cavalry divisions would ride out and burn the enemy's colonies. They would then return. Hopefully, as with the Andes campaign, once the border was removed the enemy would hold position. If she would not then the Chilliean garrisons would scorch the earth and withdraw, hoping their levell 4 forts would hold until the navy could bring in some serious reinforcements.

A trade dispute was used as the pretext for this war, Theyanoguin expertly engrandised the issue in conference and not a single nation was disturbed by the DOW.

17040115dowspain.jpg

The plan swung into opperation immediately. Once Lima's seige had been raised war was ordered against the troublesome Incas. Thier gold would fund the construction of the new twodeckers due to be developed shortly.

17040302dowinca.jpg

On thier way back to the new world the navy had put out tempting targets hoping to draw out the small portugesse fleet but instead something else happened...

17040308denmark.jpg

The Danes had attacked!!! This was unexpected!!! Lets check the war...

2011-04-25_00003.jpg

So the Spainish had called in their allies, so it seems that when the Natives do dow Europeans, the pale faces can call upon each other to help!

The returning navy chased the Danes and their transports but lost them in the mid atlantic. Where they were going remained a mystery.

[As to the vote, we go with option 2!!]

That was nasty of the Danes. I am sure they'll pay. Makes the naval side of the war interesting. I hoped you take the spanish colonies, except the one likely to become a city because it sounds to be to be flipped. You'll soon link up via Mexico and could get your colonists there.

That was nasty of the Danes. I am sure they'll pay. Makes the naval side of the war interesting. I hoped you take the spanish colonies, except the one likely to become a city because it sounds to be to be flipped. You'll soon link up via Mexico and could get your colonists there.

To be honest I have a serious problem with being massively out numbered by the Spainish. I hope to burn the colonies, and get an eventual peace as I'll have no border. Then reseed once I've got mexico fully open/annexed.

I should have waited and moved the focus down there. If I do reseed down there, I'll have to be careful to finish the colonies into cities durign a truce so I can get a fort up...

Congrats on DIP 9 guy still holding office -the game must have forgotten he's alive. You're only outnumbered 2:1. How large is that unnumbered fourth Spanish army?Where's your sense of sporting adventure? I had to chuckle reading you were going to send fast moving cavalry into the ... Andes mountains. I'd expect the Spanish to re-seed, anyway. Stack 1 looks as though it'll catch your northern force before it takes out its designated targets. You'll be establishing the land connection through Mexico quickly enough to send colonists down there..

Is that a Scandinavian colony in north america?

Congrats on DIP 9 guy still holding office -the game must have forgotten he's alive. You're only outnumbered 2:1. How large is that unnumbered fourth Spanish army?Where's your sense of sporting adventure? I had to chuckle reading you were going to send fast moving cavalry into the ... Andes mountains. I'd expect the Spanish to re-seed, anyway. Stack 1 looks as though it'll catch your northern force before it takes out its designated targets. You'll be establishing the land connection through Mexico quickly enough to send colonists down there..

Is that a Scandinavian colony in north america?

For some reason, despite now being on equal tech, I still need to outnumber the spainish 2:1 to beat them! I have some good generals now so we shall see, but I have a sense of adventure and the AI may still fight. A nice attrician before they get to my forts will be good though.

No scandinavian in North America, though they have plenty of the Carribean islands.

Hi. I'm back. Have just been on a small holiday. *waves my arm*

But if you can seize those colonies instead of burning them you have pretty much closed of the interior of south america. Not bad at all since you don't have to bother about new spanish colonies there anymore. :)

And could it perhaps be that Denmark is the defender of the faith while Songhai for some reason guaranteed Spain? No normal allies are called at least. :)

I didn't think of that before but high BB will give a lot fewer boundary disputes.. Can't remember exactly but something like above a third of the limit will lower the boundary disputes by 50% or something like that..

And don't take Incan lands. They still have a lot of money to give to you and now nobody else can touch them. :)

By the way.. A level 4 fort will probably last for a couple of years before it crumbles. :)

Hi. I'm back. Have just been on a small holiday. *waves my arm*

But if you can seize those colonies instead of burning them you have pretty much closed of the interior of south america. Not bad at all since you don't have to bother about new spanish colonies there anymore. :)

And could it perhaps be that Denmark is the defender of the faith while Songhai for some reason guaranteed Spain? No normal allies are called at least. :)

I didn't think of that before but high BB will give a lot fewer boundary disputes.. Can't remember exactly but something like above a third of the limit will lower the boundary disputes by 50% or something like that..

And don't take Incan lands. They still have a lot of money to give to you and now nobody else can touch them. :)

By the way.. A level 4 fort will probably last for a couple of years before it crumbles. :)

Good to have you back!!!

And yes the high BB will kill boundry disputes... so what's more important grabbing territory whenever there is bb space or waiting for cores given by boundry disputes?

Gentlement the clock is ticking and there are ALOT of american provenices that need to be subjugated, er sorry I mean liberated!!!

As for spain down south, I may have made a mistake, update soonish.....

As for level four fort lasting so long, I have 100% defensive so they really really really wont fall anytime soon...

Once you have established the land connection by taking Portuguese lands, you can send colonists into south america to flip those spanish colonies. With spanish colony that is close to becoming a city, you could alwys take it and set colonial maintenance so that it will reduce below the 900-mark and then send in a colonist. Will hold back your other colonies, but it might be worth getting an almost instant city. The trick will be get level 4 forts built in wartime against a foe you effectively need 4 times your current force level down there to beat the Spanish. Were there no natives left in those colonies you could have incited againt the Spanish?

I'd even agree with panopticon that the Incas have much more money to give you.

The Inca are a rag tag annoyance that frankly make me want to crush them even if it sends me over my bb limit...

it is not right that they can do spy attacks during a truce.... If caught it should atleast break the truce.

To bridge two continents...

Theyonguinn's aged mind had not dulled over the years and the war council's plans to burn Spain's colonies were approved.

The flying colomns were sent forth over the Chiliean mountains and the hills ran with the pale faced colonist's blood.

17040417burntmost.jpg

The Republican forces, inferior in number retreated back toward their own territory, all returned home bar one regiment of cavalry which had burnt the further most colony.

However, the spainish armies continued forward. Once having discovered that there kin were slain, they turned round and marched back into better supplied lands.

Despite this reinforcements were still ordered to the extreme south.

The shipyards and admiralty staff had finall come up with a new ship design, the best in the world!

17040601navalbuilding.jpg

The council argued about what to do with this news but eventually agreed to a massive ship building program. All older units (bar a handful of light ships) would be upgraded. 40 two deckers were ordered as were 9 merchantment, the former to replace the old galleons and wargallleons, the latter the old flyts still in service.

Once again election time came round and the people still prefered Theyonaguin to any other candidate. The aged Statesman had become as much a fixture at the council as the great wooden seats all the members sat upon.

The incan's were soon over run and debate ensued. Oneside wanted to annex the trooublesome federation. To end their incessent flow of spies supporting rebelion all over the Republic. The other won, which was to continue to wring them out of money, mostly to build the new fleet with.

August 1704 peace was signed for 2400 ducats and not even a whole month later enemy spies had been caught stirring up rebellions...

During this time the war in the south had gone quiet, the Danish had managed to sneak a force into the southern most province but 7000 cav would find a level 4 fort hard to overcome. Their transports where spotted by the fleet carrying reinforcements.

17040929danishtransportsspotted.jpg

A small force, well led, drove off the upstart enemy. The Danes transports were now dead, this should make anyfurther contribution very small!

17041016defeatofdanes.jpg

As the fleet made it's way to Cape Horn it encountered Portugal's stragling transports and sent them to the locker... Portugal was now unable to reinforce her overseas provinces.

17041111porttransports.jpg

News then reached the council of yet another attempt by Spain to seize land on the Northern Continent. This only served to assist the republics attempts to close off the interior as an army went forward and seized the flegdling community.

17050117spainishcali.jpg

Finally the seiges in central America completed and the War Without End pt 9 drew to a close.

17050503portpeace.jpg

The land route was now permanently open and the trade, commerce, tax and production of the southern holdings were fully integrated into the Iroquois ecconomy.

The first round of the new ships were complete and had immediatte sucessess, drawing out Spain's Cuban station as a field test.

17060125navalcuba.jpg

This fleet was then ordered to the south to relieve the older parts of the current navy.

1706 dawned on a Republic in a state of war, but a war which was not being readily fought. In Februray the Irish in Choco saw the rightness in the Shamanst ways and forsook their beliefs in the mangod and his latin speaking priests.

Theyanoguin again proved his worth, as if any ever doubted it anymore. A commission had met with Portugal to complete discussions on one of the shared borders, the Portugese were such blunderers that the aged legend managed to prove to the arbitors that the entire province should belong to the Iroquois.

17060402boundrydispute.jpg

More worrisome was that Spainish armies now started to once again cross the mountains in the south. The Spring campagin season had begun. This first stack was repelled easily, if the Spainish had continued in piecemeal like this then the war would soon be over.

17060415spaincrossandes.jpg

Regardless of such extreme losses the Spainish do finally come forward enmass and certainly not in piecemeal..

17060614spainsendsmore.jpg

12/10/6 was a large army. The reinforcements whom had been stationed further south where embarked and sent north to Artica at once.

While the Spainish were making thier long march the master minter who had served diligently for so long, passed on. A replacement was found and deflationary policies continued.

The two armies clashed in Artica. The Spainish were lead by a general with many stars (5) in ranged combat but only 1 in charge. However it was still very close, despite overwhleming numbers, and being on the defensive, the Republic seemed to have very bad luck. They strung the enemy out however and still won a great victory, the armies morale holding by a slither.

17061026almostlostbattle.jpg

The retreating enemy was run down, the army entering uninhabitted land to persue them.

17061101retreattoartica.jpg

Now that so much of Spain's army had been destoryed the council met to discuss settlement and peace policies. As the republic could still only raise one colonist a year it was agreed that the buring of Spain's had been a mistake. However, Theyonaguinn, ranted in a fit of passion; he would not cowtow to the Spainish again, the war should continue untill Spain admitted defeat! No territory could be taken in the short term, after all the Republic had just demanded 4 provinces from the Portugesse, and this war had been started by them.

So invasion of Spainish Argentina, Brazil and Central America was ordered. To gain a peace from Spain these lands would have to be held for a long while. Therefore colonists would be sent south in the hope that they could be bullt up and fortified during the war and eventual truce!

This war now entered an essential stage. To defeat this alliance would also reveal Denmark as a sham defender of the Catholic faith! To win this war Republican troops may have to go to Europe.

maybe you want to establish a coastal CoT or two to get extra colonists?
good job on beating the spanish out
maybe you want to close the gap between the west coast and the continental possessions , as they seem to try their chance farther and farther :D