+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: MCP - A Divine Wind Modification

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Hither & thither, perchance anon whither... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie1 View Post
    I was wondering why doesn't someone with modding experience pick up this mod and keep it going. Theoretically you would only have to start from updating from the last update.

Either that or someone could make a mod that uses this one's info too.

A great feature would also be a On/Off button for different mods so you can tweak at will.
    I have indeed done what you suggest, after discussing a possible partnership with dskod that fizzled out due to his loss of interest in EUIII.

I will note that my project was started from scratch and is not a fork of MCP, although one may incorrectly assume this to be the case.

If you should feel so inclined, I encourage you to have a look at the collection I have put together, with the assistance of many fine Paradoxians.

It incorporates most (all?) of the excellent ideas found in MCP, and expands on them significantly.

Not intended as shameless self promotion, just a friendly invitation...

Cheers.
    OPTIMUM SCHOLARUM COGITATIONIS
    A Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind Mod focusing on Europe & Asia from 1411-1789.

"Go slow, don't get rushed, ask for help and, most importantly, remember that our scouts report vague rumors that life outside of EU3 exists" - 17blue17

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

I have some problems with this mod and I was wondering if someone could help me.
    It would appear that the napoleonic uniforms have been removed from the mod and replaced with the war of maneuvers one which is annoying because I'd like to have them at their right technology levels but I don't know which files to edit.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Seimour View Post
    I have some problems with this mod and I was wondering if someone could help me.
    It would appear that the napoleonic uniforms have been removed from the mod and replaced with the war of maneuvers one which is annoying because I'd like to have them at their right technology levels but I don't know which files to edit.
    In common/technologies/land.txt look for the 'spritetype = x' text. Move that to whatever tech you want the corresponding uniforms to appear at.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Thank you.
    Last edited by Seimour; 21-10-2011 at 17:28.

Any idea why I'm getting "TRADE_THROUGH_TT" popping up? I'm running EU3 Chronicles with the 5.1 patch and MCP 6.3.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

•Faction Improvement Mod - BETA - DoomBunny

Not implemented yet? I just started a quick game as Ming to check the mod out before going to bed, and the factions still seem to have hard limits (no war declarations etc).
    Am i a nub at EU3 modding, and do scripts or stuff need a game year to take effect or something?

Also I must ask, what is with the Jewish obsession? Is that from the SRI mod? I just found it rather immersion breaking to be starting a brand new game as Ming and the first thing that pops up is a "Jewish population" 2 revoltrisk in Kaifeng event. Is there no way to turn that stuff off? I just found it a bit silly. Or is it something i simply do not understand yet? Feel free to enlighten me

Hey Baleur, concerning the faction improvement mod, I believe it may either nor be implemented yet or simply not fully incorporated. This mod is either on standby or dead depending who you ask and as such it`s hard to get any answers out of the creator. The firing of the script, as you saw with the jewish events begins when you start the game. It doesnt need a year though a lot of things are calculated every months or so.
    I do believe the jews are from the SRI mod. As for the event firing off. That`s because it needs a way to increase the revolt risk in provinces with a jewish population. You could take out the text file related to them as I believe it`s called SRI_Jewish something but I don`t see why you would. They give you various bonuses in the regions they settle in and the revolt risk increase is minor.

I seem to be having a rather queer bug where the game will notify me that my daunting explorers found Japan(Japan Discovered) at which point I loose a great deal of money, effectively making me bankrupt and giving me infamy only to add it to Morocco. This usually happens in the mid 16th century amd continues until the game is over. It happened to me over my two games where I started out in 1399 and it is a major game breaker as I have to cheat to get back to normal and the fact it seems to happen quite often is not helping. I`d like to know if anyone knows where the text file for this one is so I can edit/delete it and be able to continue playing.

Recruit
    Heir to the ThroneSemper Fi

Grand Mod Compilation??

Is this Mod dead? If so, is there a place for any other Mod comilation that someone could tell me about. I am current up to DW and i really like the MEIOU mod, but im looking for more. Is there anything out there?

Thanks guys.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

Having issues with the mod. I unpacked it to the mod folder, and at first it wouldn't show up in the installer's drop-down menu. Then I saw the MPEG that makes that possible buried in the MCP folder instead of the mod folder, so I moved that where it was supposed to be. Problem solved. Then I tried running the mod. It got to the Spaniard at the Aztec temple part of the loading screen, then crashed at "Initialising maplogic." So I've tried deleting the vanilla map cache, deleting the extras folder after I've pasted the MCP map folder over the vanilla, what have you. It keeps giving me the same "line 433" error in the same place, regardless of what I do. I have the retail version of Chronicles (off the physical CD), updated with the final version of the 5.1 patch. What am I doing wrong?
    The last man on earth came home one night. He turned the lights off, got into bed, then remembered he had left the TV on. He reached for a match, and a match was put into his hand.

We ascended to the organ loft, and I endeavor'd to play Yes, We Have no Bananas, but was balk'd by lack of power, since the machine is not a self-starter.
    H.P. Lovecraft
    In a letter to Samuel Loveman, January 5 1924

I have seen three emperors in their nakedness, and the sight was not inspiring.
    -Otto von Bismarck

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Will this mod work for the 5.2 beta?
    My suggestion is that you also add the Oriental mod to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankenpopp View Post
    Having issues with the mod. I unpacked it to the mod folder, and at first it wouldn't show up in the installer's drop-down menu. Then I saw the MPEG that makes that possible buried in the MCP folder instead of the mod folder, so I moved that where it was supposed to be. Problem solved. Then I tried running the mod. It got to the Spaniard at the Aztec temple part of the loading screen, then crashed at "Initialising maplogic." So I've tried deleting the vanilla map cache, deleting the extras folder after I've pasted the MCP map folder over the vanilla, what have you. It keeps giving me the same "line 433" error in the same place, regardless of what I do. I have the retail version of Chronicles (off the physical CD), updated with the final version of the 5.1 patch. What am I doing wrong?
    After unzipping the file, you should have a folder named MCP 6.3. There is a MCP.mod-file and a MCP-folder within the MCp 6.3-folder. The mod-file and the MCP-folder are neccessary for playing the modification. Just place both of them in your mod-folder and follow the instructions in the Read Me.
    And make sure that you are playing in English. You can change the language in the settings.txt in you mainfolder (If you are using Vista, there is a second setting.txt in the same place as your savegames. Edit this one, too).

Hey,

I'm having trouble getting the mod running on Chronicles for Mac. Game crashes before the start screen.

Can anyone point to a post that's got instructions on how to get it up and running, or talk me through it?
    Thanks

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Is this mod compatiable with the 5.1 official patch?
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    Is this mod compatiable with the 5.1 official patch?
    Read the op. It tells you exactly what patch the mod is compatible with.
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Always good to see replies coming through to this mod despite it no longer being supported by me.

I have no plans to return to this mod and am currently in construction of a very VERY great mod for Eu3 (in terms of scale)

As already stated by some read the first post for compatibility and make sure you follow install instructions. I would point out that there is a mod STICKED with the same combining principals as this one which is more up to date
    "In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy." - Fran Lebowitz

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I hope this new mod is for EU3 or is it the Victoria one? also a suggesten for if it is for EU3 could you add with the miscmod the Azeril(spelling?) mod to it they both have awsome colonial revoters that I like to have as many as possible if I could mod I would have one for almsot any culture but I suck at it so maby could you incoreate that into it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20