• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaioo

Second Lieutenant
71 Badges
May 19, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Knights of Honor
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Age of Wonders III
prussia.jpg

Prussia, 1835

The Kingdom of Prussia had suffered through many problems, and its land was split amongst many different states and countries. The west and east were cut off from one another, the aforementioned states in between the two sides of Prussia. In 1835, an election was declared to be held on the first day of the first month of 1836, and once again only the wealthy would be able to vote- the wealthy being strong supporters of the Liberal Partie. The common people of Prussia had long been oppressed by the views of the Liberal Partie’s Government, and how unfair the treatment of their lives was, and could not stand for it any longer. This call for change was answered by von Kaumpgreffe, who was a powerful figurehead in the Kingdom of Prussia, and was a strong and well-known supporter of a Monarchy. von Kaumpgreffe had powerful allies in the political powerhouses of von Kachen, leader of the Nationale Partie, and von Drussen, leader of the military.

However, it wasn’t until the last month of 1835 that a leader for the Monarchy was found, and this individual was the rather unknown Jerome Holstein, and was quite an odd choice since Jerome had no ties with the House of Hohenzollern, the old royal family of Prussia. On the nineteenth of December 1835, the movement of von Kaumpgreffe finally succeeded in ousting the Liberal Partie, which disappeared into nothingness, and the Monarchy was instituted with Jerome Holstein as the first King. Jerome’s royal name was decided to be Augustine, and he was crowned King Augustine I. Prussia was entering a new age in its Government, as von Kaumpgreffe formed the Konservative Partie as the cabinet for the King, and the cabinet was filled with strong supporters of the Monarchy, such as von Drussen and von Kachen. The Prussian Government was formally known as HM’s Government.

The first act by King Augustine was to abolish the Liberal Partie’s decree that the poor could vote, and allowed Universal Suffrage, which was a popular move, and helped push the Konservative Partie heavily into favour for the upcoming election, sitting at a nice 82%, whilst the Liberal Partie was knocked down to a pathetic 0.2%, whilst the Nationale Partie held the remaining 17.8%. The new year arrived rather calmly, and the Konservative Partie won by a landslide of 94% of the votes. Now, Augustine entered the second stage of the turning around of the Kingdom of Prussia, by implementing a 2-year mandatory military service for all men over the age of 18, and below the age of 40. The third act was to bring in a Parliamentarian style of Government under the leadership of the King, with the King leading whatever Party was voted into the Parliament. The Parliamentarian Debate was massively argued by the cabinet, and the discussion lasted for several months, until finally, on the second of April, the Parliament was set up, and the lands of Prussia were divided up into 69 voting regions.

votingregions.jpg

The regions.

A second election was declared to occur on the tenth of June to determine the members of the Parliament, and also the party in power, with 35 seats being the target. The election campaign was definitely an enormous task for von Kaumpgreffe and the Konservative Partie, as the powerful politician, Heinz Burgenne led the reformed Liberal Partie, and had gathered a powerful voting base, due to his young age of only 20, and the fact that he was an amazing public speaker.

000_5869.jpg

Heinz Burgenne

The third party involved in the election was the Nationale Partie, led by the aging politician Günter Anheim, who was sadly past his time at the age of 69, and was pitiful when compared to the political brilliance of von Kaumpgreffe, and the young and well-versed public speaker that was Heinz Burgenne.

AG001040.jpg

Günter Anheim

220px-Kenyon_Cox.jpg

von Kaumpgreffe

The election was definitely going to be a hard-fought one, and it was hard to say which party would come out on top.

Last edited:
When the election finally came around, hundreds of thousands of Prussian citizens flocked to the polling stations to vote for the political representative of their choice. The vote was also not a calm one, as there were several incidents of riots and fighting across Prussia, and at least fifteen people were killed, and a further fifty injured. The votes were tallied, and as the day turned into night, the victors were announced, and the citizens and politicians waited anxiously to find out the results of the election. It wasn't until the next day that the results were announced nationwide.

prussiaregions1836elect.jpg

The election results

The Konservative Partie managed to secure the majority hold on the Parliament by two seats. What was frightening was the fact that the rather poor east voted for the Liberals, who catered more to the rich people than to the common folk like the Konservatives, which meant that Heinz Burgenne was a very tough opponent.

With their second electoral victory, the Konservatives decided they needed to bolster their ruling cabinet if they wanted to keep hold of their power. von Kaumpgreffe remained the Head of Government, whilst several very popular and very powerful politicians were also placed on the cabinet.

The new regime had amassed a militarial force of at least half a million men, and now Prussia was mobilising, and invaded a large majority of its neighbours such as Bremen, Frankfurt Am Main and many others, joining the west and east together. Formally, on the 21st of September 1836, the Kingdom of Prussia was formally announced as the Prussian Empire, and rivaled the British Empire in Militarial force.

1837 arrived rather quickly, and the Prussian Empire sat at a vast 100 Political voting regions, and now a party required a majority of 51 seats- 51 regions- to secure the Parliament in their hands. An election was called for 1837 by popular demand to get representatives for every region, and it would then be another 5 years before the next election.

It was in the second month of 1837 that Günter Anheim sadly passed away, and his son, and political right-hand, Klint Anheim, took over the lead of the Nationale Partie. Klint was at a young age of 37, and was rather extreme in his views, which showed as the Nationale Partie's views were adjusted to his own. The Prussian Empire had amassed a population of at least twenty-two million, and had a military of six hundred and fifty thousand men. The nation began to gear up for the next election, and the party leaders went on extreme campaigning to try and obtain as many of the new regions as possible.

Interesting set up so far.

But to take pictures of Bismarck for not only one but two of your party leaders is quite blunt. Perhaps you might want to change that.

So you just waged war against the other german states. Just the minors or against Austria too? It would be nice to see a screenshot of the new situation.

Interesting set up so far.

But to take pictures of Bismarck for not only one but two of your party leaders is quite blunt. Perhaps you might want to change that.

So you just waged war against the other german states. Just the minors or against Austria too? It would be nice to see a screenshot of the new situation.

Oh I had two pictures of the same guy? whoopsie..

The war started against Hannover, and quickly subdued them and called for a ceasefire with Britain, and then I decided to join the west and east even more, and I ended up in war with all of the german states and Austria, and gave them a good thrashing.

I'm currently in 1843, so I can't get a screenshot of the situation in 1837 sorry. Expect screenshots in the next update. Thanks for commenting :) Next update might be up today or within the next two days.

1837 was a large turning point for Prussia, as its industry nearly quadrupled, and it managed to begin work on a couple of colonial buildings in Africa, and West Borneo. 1837 passed by rather quickly, and 1838 began, and the first colonial buildings were complete. In mid 1838, the first colony, West Borneo, was established, quickly followed by the establishment of two colonies in West Africa. The military at the end of 1838 numbered at least one and a quarter million.

1839 passed by without anything of note, beyond the fact that a fourth colony was established. It was in 1840 that things began to hot up as the stalemate war between Prussia and Austria finally turned in the favour of a side, the side being Prussia, and Austria was heavily humiliated, being cut down by at least 2/3 in size. In the middle of 1840, Prussia launched an invasion of the Italian states, taking out Modena and effectively crippling the Papal State, turning them into a satellite. The Empire of Prussia could now formally be called an Empire as it spanned from Central Europe to the edges of Euroasia, with colonies in Australasia and Africa.

It was late 1840 when the first Franco-Prussian war began, and ended a month later with a brutal victory by Prussia, and all land that Prussia had claims to was rightfully handed to them. 1841 began, and the first Russia-Prussia war began, with Poland being the goal of Prussia. Midway through 1841 the Russia-Prussia war ended, and Prussia had gained even more land.

In 1842, Prussia turned its eyes towards Serbia, and faced against the Ottoman Empire as well, annexing Serbia, and wiping the Ottoman Empire's influence in Europe incredibly. 1843 began, and the second Franco-Prussian war began, and France was humiliated, with Paris falling within a month. Two months in, and the war was over, and Prussia had gained a considerable amount of land from France. 1844 started the extreme expansion of colonies, as Prussia gained a further two African colonies. 1845 passed rather boringly by.

1846 and Prussia went to war with the Ottoman Empire again. The European part of Ottoman Empire that remained was crushed, but Prussia was cut off from advancing across the strait, and used its military access with Russia to sneak an assault in Middle Eastern Ottoman Empire, taking four provinces, before a ceasefire was declared. The military access was soon cut off, and the Prussian Empire prepared for war with Russia.

In 1847, Prussia entered into a Colonial war with Burma, and landed in Burma, and the war ended two weeks after the landing, with Burma's only naval adjacent provinces being secured by Prussia. 1848 arrived, and Prussia entered in a war with Denmark and Russia over Holstein. Holstein was annexed, and Prussia held its border with Denmark, focusing on Russia, and joining its Middle Eastern territories with its mainland, making the Empire even larger.

At the end of 1848, Prussia's Monarch era ended, as King Augustin I died, and the German people demanded Prussia unite the German states under the banner of Germany, and Germany formed.

Wow. 2 Wars against France in just 3 years! Badboy must be soaring like Iain said. But it reminds me of the old yoke "why has France so many avenues?". :D

Just try to keep your military rating higher than those of the UK or they will dow you for your ruthlessness time and again.

Iain Wilson: It was quite aggressive, but I didn't really start most of the wars, most of them were started by the other nation.

Treppe: I'm very scared of a war with the UK because they have naval superiority over me tremendously. I have I think four naval units.

Now the big problem with the large expansions and wars is the fact that the Empire has loads of provinces that are likely to revolt, which is quite annoying, so my army is now slightly widespread with large groups of units on certain borders.

A quick update:

The colonies of the Empire had not been that prosperous, and it wasn't long until local uprisings tore apart the colonies, and the Prussian Royal Navy had to be mobilised to save the colonies, defeating the rebels before they could do too much damage. Five hundred local civilians were killed by the rebels, two villages were destroyed and the main trading post was nearly destroyed. Two thousand rebels were killed, whilst only three hundred Prussian soldiers were killed.

von Kaumpgreffe died due to an illness he had been suffering for the past five years, and the leadership of the Konservative Partie passed on to von Garrent, a 59 year old rather proud and snobby politician of rich backgrounds, and he despised the poor people, and raised their taxes to 80%, causing more unrest, especially against the Konservative Partie. The election campaign had started, and the new ruling party would be voted in within the next few months, and with von Garrent in charge of the Konservatives, things didn't look too good for them.

Expect an update within the next few days.

First off going to say I had to wipe my computer due to files with names like oVu and weird symbols appearing on my desktop after installing Steam, and the gamesave and all my screenshots are gone, however, I wrote up what happened in the game on my non-gaming computer, so I still have my entire game and how it turned out, just no screenshots or way to get screenshots.. :/ Main update will be later today.

The Konservatives with the massively unpopular von Garrent lost the election, gaining only four seats. Due to this massive loss, von Garrent was expulsed from the Konservative Partie, and a new leader was elected. He was the nephew of von Kaumpgreffe, and he was known as Count Guriche, and he was at the prime age of twenty-four. The Liberals were lead by the proud and well-loved Heinz Burgenne, and his first legislation in power was to lower the tax on the poor to 30%, 20% lower than the middle and upper classes, which outraged some in the middle class, and all of the upper class, though some in the middle class understood that the poor had far less money than them. 1849 was a rather bad year for the industry of the Empire, as profits plummeted, and a massive stock market crash erupted in February, and lasted through until June, before the stocks slowly began to rise, but had fallen over 70%. It was late into June that the cogs began to turn, as a clash between the colonial claims of Alaska were hotly debated between Russia and the Empire, as the Empire saw the colonial claims as rightfully theirs, with over half the population in the colonial positions being from the Empire. At the beginning of July, war broke out between the Empire and Russia over Alaska. It was in July that things changed dramatically. The Ottomans, greatly angered over all their losses to the Empire, united with Russia in order to regain its lands in Europe, and deal a crippling blow to the Empire. At the same time, France wanted revenge for their lost lands, and joined with the Ottomans and Russia, and the Empire was now in a war on three fronts, and its forces were thinly spread as is.

Ouch! That's a lot of pain coming your way on three fronts!

How do Russia, the Ottoman Empire and France stack up militarily compared to Prussia?

Also, I feel your pain about the screenshots - I've had that happen to me a couple of times before. Well done sticking with the AAR though!

Yes the three fronts are definitely a lot of pain, especially with my military so widespread.

Russia are probably the weakest of the three, they are 7th if I remember correctly. The Ottomans are 5th, whilst France is 3rd. The Empire has the strongest military in the world, but would struggle against a naval power like the United Kingdom as their navy is much much larger than mine. The biggest advantage the three forces have against me is the fact that my army is spread all over my provinces, the vast majority being in one division groups in each province to try and stop any revolts. That's probably also why the Empire's military is so large, in an attempt to keep the populace in its place, and prevent uprisings. Even though the Empire's military is larger, it has been through quite a few wars, and the Empire has suffered a large number of casualties from the wars, in comparison with their enemies.

The war against the Ottomans where the Empire used a military access with Russia to hit the Middle Eastern territories of the Ottomans cost the Empire over 50,000 men just getting there, and a further 72,000 were lost due to lack of supplies, the weather, and the combat with the well supplied Ottomans. Whilst the Ottomans probably only lost about 22,000 men or so from that war.

The next update will hopefully be later today.

Last edited:
The war on three fronts proved to be torturous for the Empire, and the forces of France and the Ottomans gained victory after victory, territory after territory. Surprisingly, the Empire-Russia front was holding steady, a stalemate between the two nations in effect. The turning point on the Empire-Russia front was at Karolov Plains, about twenty miles south of Russia's capital. The Russians were trying to penetrate the Empire's frontline, and from their reports the weak point of the Empire's front was at Karolov Plains. Two hundred thousand Russian soldiers marched towards Karolov Plains, and were not impeded by anything. Morale soared in the Russian ranks as there was no sign of any resistance from the Empire. The Russians arrived at Karolov Plains, and geared up to march and pierce the Empire's frontline, and launch an invasion of the Empire's lands. The Russians consisted of One hundred and eighty thousand infantry, and twenty thousand Dragoons.

The Empire's defense force arrived at Karolov Plains an hour after the Russians had. The Empire's force numbered seventy thousand men, quite a lot less than the Russians, whose morale was soaring through the roof. The defense force consisted of forty thousand infantry, and thirty thousand cavalry. The Empire held the high ground, as they positioned themselves atop a hill. In charge of the defense was the military genius von Kaigerch, and he was well prepared for the Russian forces. The Russian forces began to advance, with the Dragoons covering the flanks. von Kaigerch easily noticed how weak the flanks of the Russian army were, and mobilised his cavalry. Half the cavalry went for the right flank, the other half for the left flank. The Infantry remained on top of the hill, whilst the Cavalry burst into the Dragoon formation, panic exploding within the Russian Dragoons as what little horses they had were killed. Within seconds the Russian Dragoons were retreating, and the Prussian Cavalry surged into the midsts of the Russian Infantry, whilst the Prussian infantry advanced.

The battle lasted three hours, and in that time the Russians lost over one hundred and fifty thousand troops, whilst the Empire lost two thousand. With this embarassing defeat now on the shoulders of Russia, and the Empire's forces mobilising to break the Russian's frontline, diplomats begged for a ceasefire, offering their colonial claims in Alaska for the peace. The Empire accepted, and turned its attention towards the French, who were fast approaching the beginnings of True Prussia. Using their superior transports, the Empire managed to mobilise one hundred thousand men from the Russian front into True Prussia, and they began to march towards the frontline against France, arriving two weeks later. Fierce skirmishes erupted between France and the Empire, as the year ended, and 1850 arrived. The Liberals were beginning to become unpopular due to so many losses, and the election was nearing, only three months away. The Empire mounted an assault upon Metz, relying upon their superior cavalry for the victory. The Prussian Cavalry proved victorious, and the advance began. Within two months all lost land was regained, and a battalion of twenty thousand men marched through Southern France, occupying it for the Empire.

France begged for peace, offering the lands that the Empire had taken control of, as well as £600. The Empire accepted, and now had just one front left to fight. The election arrived, and the Konservative Partie won, with a massive majority of 92%. The Konservatives continued the defense on the European front, whilst mobilising troops into their Middle Eastern lands, noticing that the Ottomans had put all of their energy and resources into Europe, and had left their Middle Eastern lands barely guarded. The Prussian forces surged easily into the Middle East, occupying all the way down to Ottoman controlled Egyptian lands east of the Suez Canal. The Ottomans were now pincered between the Prussian forces, and were heavily demolished, losing all land they had taken. The Ottomans quickly drew up a peace treaty with the Empire, and were now one fifth the size they had been before the war.

The Empire had been challenged by three enemies, and had accepted the challenge, and beaten down all three enemies. Work began on creating a colony in Alaska, and that arrived in 1851. The Empire received great news on their population, as reports came in of the population of their colonies. All together, their colonies boasted a population of thirty million, whilst the mainland boasted a population of ninety seven million, for a total population of one hundred and twenty seven million. The Konservatives decided to focus on industry and colonial expansion for the next few years to come, preparing to establish a massive hold of Africa.

The next few years went by rather slowly, and with hardly anything interesting. It wasn't until 1855 that things began to become interesting, with the massive Colonial Debate. Belgium, Portugal, Denmark and Russia were the main powers of the Colonial Debate, demanding that the other powerful nations cease colonizing, and relinquish their control over their colonies. Russia and Denmark actually demanded that they be given colonies, whilst Portugal and Belgium wanted all colonization to cease and the natives to be given control of their own lands. Opposing the Quartet were the Kingdom of Great Britain, the Kingdom of Holland, the Kingdom of Spain and the Prussian Empire. The Debate was hotly contested, and relations between the Colonial Supporters and the Colonial Opposers were at rock bottom. Holland and Belgium already had bad relations, with a war having been fought back in 1836, and Holland coming out the victor.

Some of the other powers in the world were annoyed by the Pro-European debaters, and wanted in on colonies. The Ottoman Empire were quite resentful over their losses to the Prussian Empire, and supported the Colonial Opposers views, wanting all colonies to cease existence. The Kingdom of Egypt and the Austrian Empire also opposed the Colonies. Relations in Europe were at an all-time low, as the Big Four as they were known as- Prussian Empire, Kingdom of Spain, Kingdom of Holland and Kingdom of Great Britain- were beginning to be opposed by a number of nations. Noticing this, the Prussian Empire offered a Military Alliance with the other three, which was accepted, and the Big Four prepared for the inevitable war that was to come.

The big swing in the Colonial Debate came in mid-April, when the Kingdom of China, long seen as a non-civilized nation, entered the debate, supporting the Big Four, whilst several of the other Asian nations joined together as the Kingdom of China set its eyes south to expand. The Kingdom of Japan was also looking to expand, and readied its forces for a showdown in Asia. The Colonial Debate officially ended in early June, when the two factions declared war upon one another. The Big Five were facing off with the Opposers, and the world was thrown into chaos as the World War began. Many called it the war to end all wars.

The Kingdom of China did not care much for the Kingdom of Russia's influence, and instead focused on taking what it saw as rightfully theirs, crushing the Asian warlords in its path, whilst the Kingdom of Japan surged in southeastern Asia. The Kingdom of China had expanded southwards, occupying northern Burma, and had spread as far west as the outskirts of the Middle East. The Kingdom of Japan had secured southeastern mainland Asia, central Burma and southern India. Relations between the Kingdom of China and the Kingdom of Japan turned sour when Chinese soldiers burnt down a village under Japanese control, and a war was sparking between the two nations. The Prussian Empire delivered an ultimatum to the Kingdom of China and the Kingdom of Japan. Get along, or face dishonor in the World Council(as in the powerful nations) and lose any acknowledgement of being civilized.

In the west, Europe had exploded into all-out war, as the Kingdom of France, long-time enemy of the Prussian Empire, joined on the side of the Supporters, and marched into Belgium. 1856 arrived and the war was still going, and views changed in the Kingdom of Holland, as their colonies declared independence, and its political party changed. The Kingdom of Holland left the alliance with the Prussian Empire and so on, and joined the war on the other side, surging into the Empire's lands. The Kingdom of Great Britain hadn't done much, as it had remained out of the war, but it swiftly showed its might, using its naval superiority to decimate the Opposer's naval forces, and forced the war to end in early 1857. After two years, the World War had ended, with the Supporters as victors. Holland was diminshed to a dismal three provinces, Belgium to a dismal four, Denmark were left with their capital, Russia had lost almost all of its southern lands, and Portugal had been severely crushed by the Kingdom of Spain, which had expanded its hold upon Portugal, and had effectively made Portugal a bystander in the world, with only one province remaining. The Ottomans had been ultimately decimated, as they were forced under control of the Prussian Empire, and the Ottomans no longer existed. The Kingdom of Egypt had escaped somewhat unharmed from the World War, and had actually betrayed the Ottomans, and taken their lands in Africa.

In mid-1857 the Prussian Empire established the National Assocation of Police Nations(NAPN), a council of nations that were the "powers" in the world, and effectively oversaw world politics(basically the equivalent of the UN or NATO now), with the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Spain being the other two members. The Kingdom of France was angered by not being included, and set to show its power by declaring war upon the Kingdom of Spain. The war raged for several months, and Spain ultimately came out on top, using their navy to their advantage, and occupying northwestern France.

The next few years passed by rather slowly, 1859 being the only interesting year as the Kingdom of Russia became a member of the NAPN, as well as the Austrian Empire.

1860 arrived, and relations in Asia exploded out of control, when Chinese soldiers marched into southern India, and occupied two provinces. Outrage soared within the Kingdom of Japan, and war was officially declared on the eighth of January. The Kingdom of Japan- the land of the Samurai- and the Kingdom of China- the land of the Dragon- clashed with one another. Japanese forces surged across the eastern coast of China, and began marching westwards. The Prussian Empire sprung into action, declaring war on both nations, and ensuring a naval blockade alongside the Kingdom of Great Britain's navy against the Dragon and the Samurai. Without supplies, the Samurai was forced to end the conflict, and the borders returned to normal. The Dragon backed down as well, sacrificing several provinces in the west to the Prussian Empire.

Meanwhile in the Americas, the United States had secured a bastion of power, whilst the Prussian Empire had secured a colony in what was known as mainland America, on the western coast. Texas was occupied by Mexico, and the US demanded Mexico hand Texas over to it. War broke out between the two nations in 1861. Three months later, and the Mexicans were severely crushed, losing a large portion of its lands in the north.

Relations between the Kingdom of France and the Kingdom of Spain were extremely low, as were the relations between the Prussian Empire and the Austrian Empire, and the NAPN was disbanded in late 1861, and it looked like a European war was about to break out between the four main powers of mainland Europe. The Prussian Empire had secured a massive hold of Africa over the years, holding a large expanse of land from northwestern Africa all the way down to southeastern Africa.

victoriaep.png

World Map 1862.

Key:
White= Unclaimed/Unoccupied
Black= Revolters
Dark Grey= Prussian Empire
Light Grey= Austrian Empire
Dark Blue= United States of America
Dark Pink= Southern States of America(previously Central States of America)
Blue-Gray= Argentina
Pale Blue= Brazil
Pale Green= Mexico
Dark Green= Kingdom of Russia
Pink= Fief of Switzerland
Gold= Kingdom of Spain
Yellow= Kingdom of Egypt
Dark Red= Free African States(previously Morocco and Unoccupied lands)
Purple= Portugal
(one province) "unknown" colour= Belgium
(three province) "unknown" colour= Holland
Brown= Kingdom of Great Britain
Lightish Blue= Kingdom of France
Red= Kingdom of Japan
Pale Yellow= Kingdom of China
Light Purple= South Africa
Orange= Central African States(Satellite of the Kingdom of France)

All the tiny powers were effectively wiped out due to either the World War or the war between the Kingdom of China and the Kingdom of Japan. There were also other small colonial wars between the main powers that took out any other tiny powers.

Looking back, I'm actually surprised at how many of the nations were destroyed, and how large the remaining nations were.

In the early days of 1862, the Kingdoms of Spain and France entered into a war with one another, whilst the Austrian Empire, split in half by revolters who wanted to establish the lands of Hungary, entered into war with the much larger, much more powerful Prussian Empire. Meanwhile in Africa, the Kingdom of Egypt declared war on the Free African States, looking to expand its already sizeable territory.

Last edited:
The Kingdom of Egypt easily crushed the Free African States, expanding their lands greatly, whilst at the same time claiming the rest of the Middle East that had not been occupied by anybody, and looked set for a clash with the Prussian Empire to the north and south. However, the Kingdom of Egypt set its sights on southern Africa, and landed at, and conquered, South Africa.

The Southern States of America were split between Brazil, Argentina and Mexico, whilst Mexico entered into a war against the two South American powers, looking to establish a sizeable base in South America to combat its enemy of the United States. Relations between the Prussian Empire and the United States were not good, due to the fact that the Prussian Empire held lands that the United States saw as rightfully theirs.

The war between the Prussian Empire and the Austrian Empire ended with the occupation of the Austrian lands by the Prussian Empire. The Kingdom of Spain gave quite a spanking to the Kingdom of France, taking its mainland Europe holdings, and leaving it just a sparse scattering of colonies across the world. The United States laid claim to the unoccupied lands in eastern Eurasia(east of Russia) and set a foothold in European and Asian holdings, whilst the Russian Empire entered into a war against the Kingdom of Spain.

Seeing this as an opportunity to take out a long-time enemy, the Prussian Empire also declared war on the Russians, as did the Kingdom of China, the Kingdom of Japan and the United States.

Relations between the Prussian Empire and the United States dropped dramatically due to the Declaration of Independence in 1863 of the American people, the American government declaring its universal independence from the imperialist scum of the rest of the world, as well as its citizens independence from occupiers. The Great Debate of 1863 was counciled by the Grand Powers of the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Spain, who oversaw the debate between the Prussian Empire and the United States, however, neither side could find mutual ground to agree on.

Meanwhile, in the east, the Russian Empire had been severely crippled by the attacks from all sides.

1864v.png

World map 1864

In 1864, the world was changing greatly, as the Prussians developed a war weapon that they called a Tank, and developed five of them. The War of Freedom started in 1864, between the Prussian Empire and the United States, as the American people rose up in anger over the Prussian's positioning in North America. A fleet of five hundred ships(10 ships in-game.) was assembled to deploy over five hundred thousand men to the North American theater. The massive fleet set sail from Danzig, and was nearing the east coast of North America within two weeks. Heavy resistance was met on the coast, as skirmishes were fought all along the coastline, as American citizens fought for their country. Several landings were fought back, whilst several others succeeded.

The Prussians had managed to secure footholds that actually had military there, and preparations went underway to secure Eastern America, as well as to reobtain their old holdings in West America, as well as Alaska.

Meanwhile in the east, the Kingdom of Egypt mopped up the remaining free Africans, and prepared for an advance into Asia, as war was declared between Egypt and Japan. Meanwhile, Spain entered into a war with China. The British were also pushed out of North America due to the chaos of the War of Freedom. In South America, Mexico had crushed the Argentinians, and now focused on the Brazilians. The Kingdom of China was the only country that hadn't called a ceasefire with the Russians, who sought to take the war between Spain and China to its advantage, and marched into China.

1865.png

World map 1865

1866.png

World Map 1866.

The Kingdom of China managed to push back the Spanish and Russian advances, decimating the Russian ranks, whilst bringing a stalemate between Spain and China. In the west, the Prussian Empire secured a large foothold in eastern America, whilst in South America, Mexico conquered Brazil, and declared itself the Mexican Empire. In mid-1866, the people of India had grown restless, and rose up in arms, declaring their independence from Japan, and against the invading Egyptians, and the nation of India was born. The Kingdom of Egypt conquered what little colonial holdings they could reach, and geared for a war of African Supremacy with the Prussian Empire.

The world changed even more in 1867, when several very interesting events occured. The United States was split into four factions, as a Civil War broke out. Meanwhile in Europe, the Kingdom of Spain was torn by the rise of the proclaimed Spanish Empire, whilst the Hungarian Principality declared itself independent from the Prussian Empire. India managed to strengthen its position, whilst the remnants of France were absorbed by the Prussian Empire.

1867.png

World Map 1867.
(New Nations
Dark Red= Central Unified States of Independence
Dark Pink= United States of Canada
Light Blue= Pacific States of America
Orange= Hungarian Principality
Purple= India
Pink= Spanish Empire)

The North American theater had been thrown into immense chaos as the United States of America had been split into three factions besides itself and the Prussian Empire. The chaos died down over the next year, but exploded once more in 1869.