Closed Thread
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 24 49 74 89 97 98 99 100 LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 1984

Thread: Building a Nation - an Interactive British AAR

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    57 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    ImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDude View Post
    Would this seriously be the first?
    Yes, it would.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'm going to continue with this AAR. I haven't really enjoyed it for quite a while now and have repeatedly been unable to force myself to go on and write the next update. I feel like the whole AAR has just sort of sunk into a hole, whenever I go on the thread it feels very negative and I've found the repeated, and apparently random, deletion of people's posts very frustrating.

It seems that both my own and most of the readers' enthusiasm for the AAR has fizzled away. I'm not guarunteeing that this is over, I'm just warning people not to hold their breath for the next update. :/

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by ATTACK77 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'm going to continue with this AAR. I haven't really enjoyed it for quite a while now and have repeatedly been unable to force myself to go on and write the next update. I feel like the whole AAR has just sort of sunk into a hole, whenever I go on the thread it feels very negative and I've found the repeated, and apparently random, deletion of people's posts very frustrating.

It seems that both my own and most of the readers' enthusiasm for the AAR has fizzled away. I'm not guarunteeing that this is over, I'm just warning people not to hold their breath for the next update. :/
    Awwww, this was one of my favorite AARs! It certainly filled the void left by Tommy's absence.

Alas, if you cannot bring yourself to continue, then it cannot be helped. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't feel as negative in the future and that you'll be able to find some enjoyment out of it yet.
    A rebel without a cause.

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Seek75 View Post
    Awwww, this was one of my favorite AARs! It certainly filled the void left by Tommy's absence.

Alas, if you cannot bring yourself to continue, then it cannot be helped. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't feel as negative in the future and that you'll be able to find some enjoyment out of it yet.
    I have to agree with Seek, from the amount of time I have been on this, I have enjoyed it immensly. I hope that you will be able to continue with this, if given enough support by the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by King50000 View Post
    I have to agree with Seek, from the amount of time I have been on this, I have enjoyed it immensly. I hope that you will be able to continue with this, if given enough support by the rest of us.
    True. You write really good and it is so much fun to vote. Although I agree that the deletion of posts kills much funm, I hope you continue. I would also like if you would change some rules so that it makes more fun for you

Personally I have enjoyed this AAR from start to the current installment, just my two cents. However at the end of the day it's your call maestro .
    Changing one's stAARs- A Brazil AAR
    Fan of the Week 7/17/06-7/24/06
    The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself. -Benjamin Franklin
    It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. -Winston Churchill
    Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared. -Edward V. Rickenbacker

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Oh man, just when we got a good government
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultMarch of the EaglesSengokuCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I just want to echo all of the above posts. It's remarkably fun feeling like you can play some part in determining the course of actions in the AAR. That said though, if you don't feel like it, you don't feel like it, and I don't think anyone would fault you for stopping.
    List of My AARs:
    Gesta Capetingorum - Updated upon the nineteenth day of May, the year of our Lord and Savior 2014

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    I think that we have to recover the sense of fun that this AAR had in the beginning. I don't know, but the problem, from my point of view, it's that, lately, each chapter has become some kind of a excuse for a dialectical battle, which has forced me just to take care of voting when the time is come and to read the highly expected and high quality updates. Frankly, I left the OT because of the many quarrells about any topic (football, politics, whatever) and I don't want that nonsense here too. Some topics and some uses should remain in the OT. This is the AARland (Ach, I feel like Leonidas now. Where's the pit?)

You only need to compare the first pages and the last ones to see what has changed and to realize what is polluting the AAR. We (and by this I mean all of us, because ATTACK can do little on his own) need to recover the spirit of the beginning of this wonderful idea. Some roleplaying is good, but exacerbating things too much, as it has happened, not only bores some of us, but, as we have seen, kills the AAR.

If some people cannot stop from battling, they should refrain to follow the AAR, for the sake of the narration and of ATTACK. As a writter, I know too well what is to devote a lot of effort to make a child of us going ahed and to see it killed because it goes out of control because of some unforeseen sideshow.

I hope no one gets offended by my words. I simply state what I see. Just look at the first pages and the last ones. If somebody thinks that it's all fair, good and nice, I'll eat my words.

ATTACK, don't let yourself down, please.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (7) [Actualizado 01/08/2014]

Clearly what Britain needs now is becomming a real workers republic.
    We've seen allready how workers get exploited all around the world by shortsighted capitalism.
    For full strenght Britain needs to unite it's working class!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2

I'd just like to say how much I have appreciated this AAR from the start to its current installment. I hope you do go on Attack, but even if you don't: thank you for a very enjoyable read!
    Battez-vous, égorgez-vous, nous gardons vos sous.

in a way i reckon its unavoidable. Kurts right at the start it was more... tempered? But as we've journed along the course of the AAR people have got more and more into it and created a sense of hostility by trying to forfill there respective characters. We need to try and calm ourselfs and return to square one
    Men were granted power by God, in his wisdom, and that power requires responsibility.

Ironic, the thing most men lack is responsibility.

The man in the office, contemplating the globe, now looks like he is contemplating whether to tweet "ZOMG! China Protectorate ftw!" or whether he is thinking of posting pictures of his shiny new dreadnoughts on Facebook.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Stick to one update per parliament. This is what is bogging the AAR down. Its the slow pace in updates rather than the slow pace of updates.

Watch the viewcount rather than reading the posts.

Slim down the elections too. Treating all parties equally is very un-British. Just give the two leading parties a full write up, maybe something for a third, and just the list policies for the others.

And if you don't want to do that, finish the AAR with a bang (e.g. by surrendering to rebels and instituting a dictatorship). "... And so, as the political classes descended from ever more vitriolic outbursts into open violence on the streets, it was clear to <insert dictator here> that only a strong hand could save the Republic from another civil war. A member of the old aristocracy, his lack of sympathy with the establishment started young, and he had been expelled successively from both Eton and Harrow. Only at Sandhurst had he found a congenial atmosphere, and as he warmed to the army, the army warmed to him. In the wars of the Republic he had made himself well known and popular by being daring, successful, and most of all, by having his accounts of the actions syndicated across all the newspapers. Some thought his account of the conquest of Quebec was a touch short and overly boastful but it cemented his place in the affections of the public. There was much dismay in the country when the government sacked this dangerously populist officer but it was nothing to the dismay in the government when he arrived at the Horse Guards to surrender his commission in person and his troops marched with him to protest the decision. Whether Chamberlain suffered a stroke at his desk due to the stress of the situation, or whether there was foul play may never be known. But when the news spread that the War Minister was dead, the rest of the government fled ...

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Always go by the view counter, not the post count.

And the reader's enthusiasm is why things have been getting deleted: arguments are heating up, people are taking things seriously (this does not mean it is okay to do so when breaking rules). If you are uninterested personally, find a way to graciously bow out. Many of us will be waiting for your next adventures. However, if you are worried we are not interested: your thread is a page behind Svip's Ulm AAR. Think about that, and I know you'll see we are interested.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    I'm so interested that I will follow the AAR even if there are no more votations and just the story.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (7) [Actualizado 01/08/2014]

AARficionado & Storyteller Demi Moderator Eber's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    I'm so interested that I will follow the AAR even if there are no more votations and just the story.
    That's a good idea, Kurt. Even if the AAR doesn't stay interactive (and personally I would like it to be interactive), it would still be a great story and AAR.
    Current AAR:
    Our Kingdom Stands Alone - How the Magyars Transformed Hungary into an Empire
    Weekly AAR Showcase - 19, September 2010

WritAAR of the Week - 23, February 2007

When I speak in this color, I do so as a Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules :: AARLand Rules #1 :: AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

As the others have said, it would be wonderful if it were to remain interactive, but after all that's happened and the cliffhanger we're sort of on now, I'd read it anyways.
    A rebel without a cause.

The Republic of Man, an alternate U.S. where Jefferson and Paine's ideas held more sway early on.
    I'll certainly continue to read "Give Me Blood, and I'll Give You Freedom" if you continue it.
    Dio Guerrero from Arica (b. 1836), Communist, democrat, Resistance fighter in ThunderHawk's "Shadow of the Andes" AAR

Liberal philosopher and Nantucket native Prof. Simon Firefly in BBB's "The Presidents" Interactive AAR

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that, if you will only legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, their prosperity will leak through on those below. The democratic idea, however, has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous, their prosperity will find its way up through every class which rests up on them. - William Jennings Bryan (1896)

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Personally I would love to see this continue in any form. It gets frustrating when it seems that people aren't responding to your AAR but that doesn't mean that no one is reading them. We have a considerable number of views for this- 78,225 which shows popularity as Mr. C said.

I think if it's draining on you, possibly consider a different structure in regards to updates for each parliament. Just at least stick this out to the end so we get an example of an interactive aar that has finished.
    Torch of the Mediterranean, a Kaiserreich-DH AAR, Weekly AAR Winner 6/19/11, Character Writer of the Week 2/26/12
    A SHADOWY CABAL OF EVIL.

This is where I put some quotes

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    I would be fine with that to. This is an awesome aar.
    Last edited by bergt; 15-06-2011 at 05:08.

Closed Thread
Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 24 49 74 89 97 98 99 100 LastLast