• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tories

Labour

All men deserve to have a form of confidence in the work they do and with economic and social reform plans as offered by the Labour Party, I cannot vote any other way. A man should not be forced to have to work in a factory for 16 or more hours, where he cannot even enjoy his life with his wife and children at home before having to leave once more to work a grueling day for something he might have enjoyed, but under his current conditions cannot.

I want to back Whigs but I fear they'll side with Labour if it comes to a coalition.

So today I'm a ROARING TORY!

Conservatives

They have Disraeli. Therefore they are awesome.

Conservatives

OK, after 37 votes in all I thought now seemed like a decent opportunity to reveal the first poll:

Tories: 16
Labour: 13
Liberals: 6
Whigs: 2

Tories: 216
Labour: 176
Liberals: 81
Whigs: 27

IPP: 84 (-2)
Unionists: 16 (+2)

I decided to lay out the entire potential Parliament including the Irish MPs - since they were based on demographics there was little change, although the Unionists gained 2 MPs. A greater degree of emmigration of the Irish (unemployed workers moving to Britain might have played a role here) and some immigration of Brits to Ireland (Cork is now 10% after having barely 1% when I annexed it) have accounted for the minor change.

So at the moment we (as always :p) have a hung Parliament. There is no obvious government that would work. However, the current weakness of the Liberals (who are being utterly crushed in this election) may make them willing to join some sort of broad Tory led coalition alongside the Irish Unionists and Whigs. If the election were to end right now that is what I would create. The other likely government we could see would be a Labour-IPP coalition, the two parties currently have a combined tally of 260, so they would need just a 40 seat swing (3-4 votes) to make that possible. But as I said before, its all a bit unstable at the moment and even changes in the proportional strength of parties could greatly change the post election outlook. Right now, I am not sure how things are going to turnout.

Torries

against my better judgement i must vote torries. I don't want any form of reds in government, I'd sooner vote far right than see that happen

Labour! Harney is a true patriot.

Who is this Miliband you speak of, my good sir? :D

A threat dear sir, a threat. To all that is British.

Labour will destroy this country.

Empower a Tory majority, bring back the Monarchy and bring forth stability, prosperity and unity!

I am still unaware as to what offical office holds head of state.
And what became of the British Indian Ocean terrirotories and Bermuda.

A threat dear sir, a threat. To all that is British.

Labour will destroy this country.

Empower a Tory majority, bring back the Monarchy and bring forth stability, prosperity and unity!

I am still unaware as to what offical office holds head of state.
And what became of the British Indian Ocean terrirotories and Bermuda.

Since you've asked a couple of times now I'll finally answer your questions. :p

I forgot to attatch answers to these back in my post about the latest polls.

The Monarchy isn't going to come back. Atleast not in the forseable future (I guess some cazy reactionaries might want to bring it back if things get destabilised). No one is currently calling for it to be brought back.

IIRC the PM currently holds a sort of Head of State - Head of Government status (like and American President). I can't remember exactly what I wrote back then. I believe the answer should be in the conclusion update for the first election if you want to give it a gander.

All Britain's colonies were lost.

The Atlantic Islands went to France, as did the Indian Ocean islands (although the Maldives went to the Dutch). Bermuda went to the USA. The Americans also got Northern Maine and a few Caribbean Islands (the Bahaman, Turk and Caicos Islands) which gives them a nice little archepeligo of small islands leading out from Florida.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ritish-AAR&p=12178819&viewfull=1#post12178819

You can scroll down to the map in this update for a world map at game start and also a more detailed map of the Caribbean and also India.

Status
Not open for further replies.