• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You misunderstand my intentions. I do not wish to persuade them at all. Instead, I wish to enrage them until they feel that cooperation and negotiation with even the most moderate members of Labour is impossible. Then those most moderate members will feel they have no choice but to join my wing of the Party, where they will be welcome so long as they give up their moderation.

You do also realise you have completely destroyed any electoral hopes of the Labour Party? Are you a secret Tory or something? You've basically driven the entire Labour party apart from yourself to vote Liberal. Your idiocy means a party which could have concievably been the senior party in government to electoral annihliation.

BTW, Attacky, could we form some sort of RPing newspaper? It would help to get the full spectrum of views across to readers.

I am ashamed to have voted for a party which had destroyed a profitable coalition (and has a member like swift) :( . Looks like i'm going moderate/far right from now on

I am ashamed to have voted for a party which had destroyed a profitable coalition (and has a member like swift) :( . Looks like i'm going moderate/far right from now on

Don't worry, you're all welcome back to the Whig fold

You should try, if things get too out of hand the thread will be shut down. ;)

I must confess that I didn't realize that it wasn't yet election time. I promise, to avoid spoiling this wonderful AAR, that I'll wait longer next time and don't allow myself to rush. Seriously this time.

I heartily agree with you, though I didn't vote Chartist. I admit I may sympathise more with Labour positions than Liberal (although, as Swift points out, they are not their actual beliefs) but I could never stomach voting for them at the next election.

when is the next election attack?

Labour, Liberals, Tories - the Whigs are going to be pushed out I imagine, but I wonder how long the OTL three-party system will last; whether there will be more complications from Britain being a republic rather than a monarchy.

hmmm...i believe you for now. But my small green friend if you'd mind explaining the state of Britain to me then it'd be jolly helpful eh what. I've had a pint and can't remember (did not read) what was mentioned in this here AAR.

Well, the British Empire fell to a revolution and became a Republic. Now it has slowly started to rebuild it's power base in India, have annexed Ireland and reunified with parts of what used to be British Canada. The governments have been a Whig- Radical coalition, a Whig- Tory coalition and a Liberal- Chartist coalition. None of the coalition governments have really been stable in any way. Currently there are three major parties: Tories, Liberals and Labour, as well as two Irish parties (Catholic separatists and protestant Unionists) in the Parliament. Universal male suffrage have been passed which has increased the influences of the working class.

I confess I was expecting the election by now. Something the matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.