• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall wait and see as the Whig-Radical coalition destroys first itself, and then the country. After that, what other options are left?

well your theory bases itself with no fact so luckly we dont have to worry about what happens next. Or we can base it on more fantasy and all former lands return to the fold of their own free will.

So having no vote on the flag, which essentially is just a piece of cloth given a "special" status, equals tyranny? No wonder you guys lost the election. I'd hate to hear what you have to say about what kind of salt the prime minister uses for his meals!

Last edited:
I propose a national vote of the parliament, to implement a new name for our Republic, laws to insure Monarchy never peacefully resettles, and a new flag. All voted for, we are a democracy after all!

I propose a national vote of the parliament, to implement a new name for our Republic, laws to insure Monarchy never peacefully resettles, and a new flag. All voted for, we are a democracy after all!

Why a new name? I don't see anything wrong with the Republic of Britain. It may not sound grandiose, but it doesn't need to. Democracy works through democracy, not through fancy titles. As for the flag, I honestly don't care: in all honesty, I'm just annoyed with people claiming a lack of a vote on the flag is "tyranny".

Vote for the Raddies, people. They are EXTREME and stuff. Electing a monarch would be appointing a foreigners on the throne, and that wouldn't be very good. Britain should be ruled by the awesome British people, not by some glorified foreigner. And restoring the House of Lords? What for? The lords are lazy fat bastards who resent the truth of GREAT PROGRESS! The Raddies will destroy the Reactionary Tory and the Republican Whigs, and ensure the great victory of Somethingism!

We Torries will win the end! Not you radicles! For King and Country I say! We might have not won the election, but we will win in the end! FOR KING AND COUNTY!!!

It's not tyranny, but it would be nice to have a say in several large events, based upon the republics foundings.

OOC: I think it adds flavor too :)

If he shouts for king and country one more time....

KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING AND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUNT- Italy....

Anyways It sads me that the Radicals and Whigs won but it was decided by the people.... No need to continue our bickering

A victory for progress! The British Republic is now a model of secular, democratic government.
Now, the Irish should be brought back into the fold. We are all inhabitants of the British Isles, and thus we are all British!

(( Do you still have your cores on Ireland? It'd be horribly inconvenient to have to conquer it all slowly for huge infamy. :D))

A victory for progress! The British Republic is now a model of secular, democratic government.
Now, the Irish should be brought back into the fold. We are all inhabitants of the British Isles, and thus we are all British!

(( Do you still have your cores on Ireland? It'd be horribly inconvenient to have to conquer it all slowly for huge infamy. :D))

Even though the Irish hate us?

The concept of nationality only applies when the people it is being applied to truely believe they are of that nationality. The Irish do not see themselves as British; they see themselves as Irish. They also see us as oppressors and destroyers (it was us, after all, who passed the Corn Laws, which was essentially a gurantee for famine), and, if we were to assault them, all of Ireland would rise against us in order to maintain their own liberty. Even if we approached them with a friendly, caring manner, they would have absolutely nothing to do with us.

So... Time to SoI Ireland?:D

On a more serious note, while I applaud and congratulate Attack for the most recent update, I must point out that it leaves out two of the most important issues of the election- War and the Economy. How will we decide a policy on these, through a referendum, or some serious politics? Or will Attack just do as he pleases? Either way, the issues need to be decided quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.