• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'm going to continue with this AAR. I haven't really enjoyed it for quite a while now and have repeatedly been unable to force myself to go on and write the next update. I feel like the whole AAR has just sort of sunk into a hole, whenever I go on the thread it feels very negative and I've found the repeated, and apparently random, deletion of people's posts very frustrating.

It seems that both my own and most of the readers' enthusiasm for the AAR has fizzled away. I'm not guarunteeing that this is over, I'm just warning people not to hold their breath for the next update. :/

I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'm going to continue with this AAR. I haven't really enjoyed it for quite a while now and have repeatedly been unable to force myself to go on and write the next update. I feel like the whole AAR has just sort of sunk into a hole, whenever I go on the thread it feels very negative and I've found the repeated, and apparently random, deletion of people's posts very frustrating.

It seems that both my own and most of the readers' enthusiasm for the AAR has fizzled away. I'm not guarunteeing that this is over, I'm just warning people not to hold their breath for the next update. :/

Awwww, this was one of my favorite AARs! It certainly filled the void left by Tommy's absence.

Alas, if you cannot bring yourself to continue, then it cannot be helped. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't feel as negative in the future and that you'll be able to find some enjoyment out of it yet.

Awwww, this was one of my favorite AARs! It certainly filled the void left by Tommy's absence.

Alas, if you cannot bring yourself to continue, then it cannot be helped. All I can say is that I hope it doesn't feel as negative in the future and that you'll be able to find some enjoyment out of it yet.

I have to agree with Seek, from the amount of time I have been on this, I have enjoyed it immensly. I hope that you will be able to continue with this, if given enough support by the rest of us.

I have to agree with Seek, from the amount of time I have been on this, I have enjoyed it immensly. I hope that you will be able to continue with this, if given enough support by the rest of us.

True. You write really good and it is so much fun to vote. Although I agree that the deletion of posts kills much funm, I hope you continue. I would also like if you would change some rules so that it makes more fun for you ;)

Personally I have enjoyed this AAR from start to the current installment, just my two cents. However at the end of the day it's your call maestro :).

Oh man, just when we got a good government :(

I just want to echo all of the above posts. It's remarkably fun feeling like you can play some part in determining the course of actions in the AAR. That said though, if you don't feel like it, you don't feel like it, and I don't think anyone would fault you for stopping.

I think that we have to recover the sense of fun that this AAR had in the beginning. I don't know, but the problem, from my point of view, it's that, lately, each chapter has become some kind of a excuse for a dialectical battle, which has forced me just to take care of voting when the time is come and to read the highly expected and high quality updates. Frankly, I left the OT because of the many quarrells about any topic (football, politics, whatever) and I don't want that nonsense here too. Some topics and some uses should remain in the OT. This is the AARland (Ach, I feel like Leonidas now. Where's the pit?)

You only need to compare the first pages and the last ones to see what has changed and to realize what is polluting the AAR. We (and by this I mean all of us, because ATTACK can do little on his own) need to recover the spirit of the beginning of this wonderful idea. Some roleplaying is good, but exacerbating things too much, as it has happened, not only bores some of us, but, as we have seen, kills the AAR.

If some people cannot stop from battling, they should refrain to follow the AAR, for the sake of the narration and of ATTACK. As a writter, I know too well what is to devote a lot of effort to make a child of us going ahed and to see it killed because it goes out of control because of some unforeseen sideshow.

I hope no one gets offended by my words. I simply state what I see. Just look at the first pages and the last ones. If somebody thinks that it's all fair, good and nice, I'll eat my words.

ATTACK, don't let yourself down, please.

Clearly what Britain needs now is becomming a real workers republic.
We've seen allready how workers get exploited all around the world by shortsighted capitalism.
For full strenght Britain needs to unite it's working class!

in a way i reckon its unavoidable. Kurts right at the start it was more... tempered? But as we've journed along the course of the AAR people have got more and more into it and created a sense of hostility by trying to forfill there respective characters. We need to try and calm ourselfs and return to square one :)

Stick to one update per parliament. This is what is bogging the AAR down. Its the slow pace in updates rather than the slow pace of updates.

Watch the viewcount rather than reading the posts.

Slim down the elections too. Treating all parties equally is very un-British. Just give the two leading parties a full write up, maybe something for a third, and just the list policies for the others.

And if you don't want to do that, finish the AAR with a bang (e.g. by surrendering to rebels and instituting a dictatorship). "... And so, as the political classes descended from ever more vitriolic outbursts into open violence on the streets, it was clear to <insert dictator here> that only a strong hand could save the Republic from another civil war. A member of the old aristocracy, his lack of sympathy with the establishment started young, and he had been expelled successively from both Eton and Harrow. Only at Sandhurst had he found a congenial atmosphere, and as he warmed to the army, the army warmed to him. In the wars of the Republic he had made himself well known and popular by being daring, successful, and most of all, by having his accounts of the actions syndicated across all the newspapers. Some thought his account of the conquest of Quebec was a touch short and overly boastful but it cemented his place in the affections of the public. There was much dismay in the country when the government sacked this dangerously populist officer but it was nothing to the dismay in the government when he arrived at the Horse Guards to surrender his commission in person and his troops marched with him to protest the decision. Whether Chamberlain suffered a stroke at his desk due to the stress of the situation, or whether there was foul play may never be known. But when the news spread that the War Minister was dead, the rest of the government fled ...

Always go by the view counter, not the post count.

And the reader's enthusiasm is why things have been getting deleted: arguments are heating up, people are taking things seriously (this does not mean it is okay to do so when breaking rules). If you are uninterested personally, find a way to graciously bow out. Many of us will be waiting for your next adventures. However, if you are worried we are not interested: your thread is a page behind Svip's Ulm AAR. Think about that, and I know you'll see we are interested.

I'm so interested that I will follow the AAR even if there are no more votations and just the story.

I'm so interested that I will follow the AAR even if there are no more votations and just the story.

That's a good idea, Kurt. Even if the AAR doesn't stay interactive (and personally I would like it to be interactive), it would still be a great story and AAR. :)

I'll certainly continue to read "Give Me Blood, and I'll Give You Freedom" if you continue it.

Personally I would love to see this continue in any form. It gets frustrating when it seems that people aren't responding to your AAR but that doesn't mean that no one is reading them. We have a considerable number of views for this- 78,225 which shows popularity as Mr. C said.

I think if it's draining on you, possibly consider a different structure in regards to updates for each parliament. Just at least stick this out to the end so we get an example of an interactive aar that has finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.