• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Southern Conquests. Japan's attempt to conquer the "Southern resource area" to gain the resources needed to keep their economy running at full bore. This meant war with Britain and the Netherlands, and since they expected the USA would intervene on the Allied side, an attack on Pearl Harbour where the US Pacific fleet was based (although PH is off map for this scenario).

I didn't think I'd find myself looking forward to a battle scenario, but now I am. How will a joint command like ABDACOM (American-British-Dutch-Australian Command) be handled? Will it be one Japanese player (with expeditionary forces from Siam et al) versus one British player (with HOL/AST/USA expeditionary forces)? Or will there be multiple players per side? Battle scenarios seem especially useful for multiplayer, hence why I ask. I suppose this will be easy to customise for modders though.

Any plans for releasing more battle scenarios down the line? I'm a bit disappointed Operation Unthinkable beat the Spanish Civil War, but pleasantly surprised by the amount of support that the Spanish Civil War got.

EDIT: How does supply work in a battle scenario when the 'actual' origin of supplies is off the map? Will there be convoys from unreachable London to Alexandria, and can the player change where the convoys go to?

Any plans for releasing more battle scenarios down the line? I'm a bit disappointed Operation Unthinkable beat the Spanish Civil War, but pleasantly surprised by the amount of support that the Spanish Civil War got.

not impossible if it turns out people like them

EDIT: How does supply work in a battle scenario when the 'actual' origin of supplies is off the map? Will there be convoys from unreachable London to Alexandria, and can the player change where the convoys go to?

We may do more battle scenarios as DLC later.

Supply for is handled by event in some cases, or by setting a capital in the scenario area so supply can be locally produced, depending on if we think that country should need to worry about supplies or not.

Do you plan operation unthinkable to be fought only on european soil, or also in the far east. At this time the British command assumed that Japan would ally with Russia.

Aww, I was hoping for a really involved Spanish Civil War with tons of events and none of those annoying foreign policy and trade issues. Well, I guess that's the first time I root for more DLC.

I'd rather see the main game expanded than mini-campaigns added. Those are fun to play and probably not that hard to make - but their replay value is pretty low, I would expect most people to not even run through all of them as both sides of the conflict.

Modding value of them is priceless though so maybe that evens it out. We'll see.

I prefer the other developer diary, since there there was a moth spanish civil war.

But... More important than the spanish civil war is adding a moth catalonia as a releasable country.

Whether we will receive separate brigades as reinforcements? Or it will be already divisions? Whether possibility will independently form divisions of brigades?

I can't wait to see if you can get the Undeclared War to work properly, and what it wil do to the US neutrality. and whether or not you can avoid it as Germany.
The Battlescenario I ran most on HOI2 was Fall Gelb/rot, but the one I enjoyed winning most was Barbarossa. So, I'm rooting for a huge one for Unthinkable.

Here's hoping the inclusion of the Japanese Southern Conquests battle scenario will include some more work on naval combat. :)

After full circle completed with the "no need for scenarions "on the oposite side of circle once upon a time,here we are again on old path,when every HOI game naturaly have battle scenarios.

Let us hope the sence of perfection and balance,including commands of airforce and navy , will also live again in FTM.

Last edited:
Good list of battle scenarios. (even though I only play the grand campaign) :)