• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
questions

In my view HOI3 has a really great potential and is getting better from the big failure it was at release. HOI3 is still unplayable to me (too slow on a high end computer) but FI Semper is better and the game can be played at least until late 1946.

I think that performance wise things will improve a lot if the new code will support multicore pc. Said that I have still two issues in my mind:
1) Any plan to split manpower from weapons? For example I cannot see the chance for Ethiopia or Congo for building a gun even with the licensing
2) Any chance to extend the HQ system to air and naval units?

Last edited:
Atm, Japan is fairly easy to invade after their navy is negated, just fake a landing on an empty part of coastline, which causes them to redeploy garrisons and then land your army in a major port which will then be undefended. A 4x4 army of marines is more than enough to take the Home Islands in the latest patch.
This would make for a quite boring battle scenario.
I'd imagine the OOBs for a scenario would be very different but the gameplay would be similar, because it is quite easy for the player to game the retard AI's flaws and it still seems to be beyond the invading AI to work out how to correctly plan and execute a major invasion.
What does PI plan to do to improve the AI that would make this scenario play out better than the current AI invasion and defensive routines?
(many people would want to play the defender, while some attacking players would want to activate some AI control. (Would all invasion forces be under USA control?))

footnote: Whatever PI decide the Japanese OOB and resource pool should be for this scenario, they should then look at why by this year Japan's forces and economic postion when starting from 1936 will be nothing like the scenario OOB they write. While it is obvious that there are going to be differences there should be more similarities, so some development attention is required to address why many country's forces, deployment and economic postion hardly at all reflects what we expect after several game years.

Last edited:
Will there be included more countries in this expansion, like Ukraine, Georgia etc. etc. (in create puppets).
I do hope that the AI will be a little more agressive and not to defensive as I have noticed many times.

Looking forward to the new expansion

Atm, Japan is fairly easy to invade after their navy is negated, just fake a landing on an empty part of coastline, which causes them to redeploy garrisons and then land your army in a major port which will then be undefended. A 4x4 army of marines is more than enough to take the Home Islands in the latest patch.
This would make for a quite boring battle scenario.

To be a little more realistic, PI should spawn major garrison units in every province of Japan if invaded... this would model the children, old men, and women who would be forced to charge the enemy regardless of whether it was suicide or not. The US never invaded because they knew this would happen, and I believe it has been proven that the government and people were willing to do.

sealion scenario

What about a sealion scenraio? septamber 14. 1940 German invasion ageinst British and canadians. It would be a realtiv short scenario I think. Limted german reienforcement and supiror RAF in the begining maybe?

ohmy.jpg

Oh my!

Best idea for a Paradox WWII game, evah!:D

None of this is final yet, but the idea is you'll only get your historical reinforcements and you won't know about them ahead of time. You probably won't gain any techs, but later reinforcements could be more advanced than what you start with.

Sorry for thread necromancy, but when you answered on this topic you were in the early stages of development (1 DD actually), so I dare ask some of the questions again, all regarding battles scenarios:
1. Will upgrading be possible? If so it will be handled automatically?
2. How will reinforcements work, and I mean actual combat numbers in the brigades (will the engine assume a full investment in the reinforcement slider?)
3. How will supply be generated. Is there a general supply depot for the theatre? If so, this supply depot will be feed by the capital automatically? If not how the supplies will be generated in the scenario?
4. Is it possible to create supply convoys from this central depot ? (and I am thinking the "Southern conquest" scenario)
5. Is it possible to change/assign leaders?

Last edited:
Sorry for thread necromancy, but when you answered on this topic you were in the early stages of development (1 DD actually), so I dare ask some of the questions again, all regarding battles scenarios:
1. Will upgrading be possible? If so it will be handled automatically?
2. How will reinforcements work, and I mean actual combat numbers in the brigades (will the engine assume a full investment in the reinforcement slider?)
3. How will supply be generated. Is there a general supply depot for the theatre? If so, this supply depot will be feed by the capital automatically? If not how the supplies will be generated in the scenario?
4. Is it possible to create supply convoys from this central depot ? (and I am thinking the "Southern conquest" scenario)
5. Is it possible to change/assign leaders?

1. No.
2. There's a scripted set reinforce rate that. It's set to act like 20-30 IC are in reinforcment currently, depending on the scenario.
3. Supply will work in the normal fashion. In scenarios where a nation's capital would not normally be present I have added a "fake capital" to the area.
4. As normal, but you will not be able to manually set them.
5. Yes. Historical leaders are scripted where possible, but you are free to change them.

One last question I promise :)
I understood that reinforcements will arrive via event. Are there events that remove divisions from my command? (e.g. British stripping North Africa for the defence of Greece?)

I like your "Fall Blau"-presentation.

But why don't you give us this only as battle scenario not as full scenario?

Do you plan to fix the 1941 Barbarossa Scenario? I think this is not the correct german Army dislocation as it was in reality.