• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That is what I thought also, but it is now more than two years since the Bitter Peace without any change. Also I have tried several times to load the divisions onto transports in the sea zones adjacent to the island. Maybe this particular game is just bugged...sigh...
Not sure if this is a bug, but I've had similar problems with "disobedient" troops: try issuing the orders by ctrl+click, as if you were going to order strategic redeployment, but picking "move". This ought to work.

Could anyone clarify how do naval upgrades work ? I mean new ship models and not upgrades to individual components.

I started a GER '36 game and the light cruiser model available is the Nurnberg class. After I researched all the '38 techs, the production screen says Nurnberg+* Class. Does it mean It's still the same model with better components? If so, how can I know what tech levels trigger new ship models?

On light cruisers, the only parts that upgrade after the ship has been put into the build queue are Flak, Radar and ASW.

The 'model' is referring to the oldest part out of <armour, engine, main armament, Flak>. When one of these four categories on a specific ship is more modern, it is depicted by naming it xxx+ class. The reason why all ships end up being xxx+ class is the research and then the upgrade of the Flak equipment.

Why is it so hard to beat German troops as USA. Any time I land and start pushing every fight is in the low teens if I'm attacking and 70+ if they are. My troops aren't experienced but I do have them upgraded. Is there a tactic I don't know about or am I just that bad

all countries are the same so it must be something you are missing. officer ratio maybe?

Why is it so hard to beat German troops as USA. Any time I land and start pushing every fight is in the low teens if I'm attacking and 70+ if they are. My troops aren't experienced but I do have them upgraded. Is there a tactic I don't know about or am I just that bad
How many troops are you using? If you have 10+ divisions in the same attack you will suffer alot from stacking penalty! Around 5 should be all you need.

Officer ratio can make 2 garrison brigades new 5 of my inf divisions?

Is it amphibous landings you're talking about? If yes, then it is quite likely the garrison would win. I once had the AI try an amphibious assault on one of my ports where I had 2 divisions of 2 Mil brigades. My Mil won against hordes of attackers (ok, there was a coastal fort and I had air supremacy).

If i am Germany and i am allied with italy, but they are not in axis, can I attack through italy into France? If so, will the territory be german or italian that i conquer?

Or does italy have to be at war with france too, if so are the territories i conquer italian then, if i attack from italy with germany army?

Brigade production upgraded on technological advance?

Does your serial production run automatically upgrade to produce the latest technological advances or is it more efficient to stop and restart a new serial run when new tech improvements are complete?

If i am Germany and i am allied with italy, but they are not in axis, can I attack through italy into France? If so, will the territory be german or italian that i conquer?

Or does italy have to be at war with france too, if so are the territories i conquer italian then, if i attack from italy with germany army?

When you attack from an ally's territory, regardless wether they are also in your faction as well, the colour of the conquered land will be theirs. The only exception being attacks from a puppet's territory, in which case the colour will be yours. In case of France it does not really matter, because the southern part will become Vichy France anyway.

Nope, you have to restart a new one. The units in production, either serial or single, are produced with the tech level you had when you ordered them. So if you order 6 serial runs of Inf. with 1936 techs, the 6 runs will have the 1936 tech, even if you reach more evolved ones before the end.

Brigade production upgraded on technological advance?
Does your serial production run automatically upgrade to produce the latest technological advances or is it more efficient to stop and restart a new serial run when new tech improvements are complete?

You can only attack through another country if that country is at war with the country you want to attack.