• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i don't know since released puppets are useless anyway. you can't change it and you have to own the territory because you can hardly gift territory somebody else still owns.

Released puppets inherit their masters tech and get one INF division per IC province and (supposedly) sends its surplus of resourcs to its master so I would hardly call them worthless. If you refer to the AIs ability to handle their troops I agree however.

Released puppets inherit their masters tech and get one INF division per IC province and (supposedly) sends its surplus of resourcs to its master so I would hardly call them worthless. If you refer to the AIs ability to handle their troops I agree however.

released puppets don't have troops but i really like the puppet wargoal.

How do I add supply to a nations supply pool in the save file (edit)? I don't mean the cheat command.

Playing Germany invading SU. SU started war with the standard sneak attack when Germany captured London. I was trying to select only parts of European Russia for annexation. During the war the SU eventually defeated and annexed Finland. The Romanians triggered the Soviet surrender before I was able to recapture Finland. The result is that Finland is isolated Soviet territory and I have 4 infantry divisions stuck on an island in the Baltic which are slowly wasting away because I can neither withdraw them or supply them. It has been over a year since the Soviet surrender. Germany cannot DOW the SU (button greyed out) but on crossover I see that the SU would be able to DOW Germany. I have tried holding all units off the border to entice a Soviet DOW without success and then tried to stack twice the Soviet brigade total on the border hoping that would allow Germany to DOW. No go. Is there a way to enable Germany to DOW the SU in this situation?

OOPS - Playing FTM.

If its the highest threat yes

How does one edit alliances, puppets, in saved games? Is there a particular tag (e.g. "military_access=yes"), and which country should have it (both)? Or, because alliances are mutual, do they occur somewhere other than in a country's "block"?
(e.g.
{
GER=
}
...)

Cheers.

Do I have to command each corps by myself? I was playing as Hungary and during war with USSR i ordered my HQ (AI controlled) to conquer Crimea. After one week my troops were fighting with Russians near moscow and in Finland with penalties, because they were not in radio range with most of HQs. Can I force AI to attack only that specified area instead of randomly marching through whole frontline?

FTM, What causes USA to slowly lose neutrality at the start of the game? (end of 1936 is 99% for instance), and is there a way to speed it up?

More than likely the republican party won in November of 36 and the VP has a negative neutrality bonus to him(think his name is Frank Knox). The best way to enter the war early as USA is to raise threat with germany from day 1 because in FTM there are neutrality reduction decisions based on german threat(undeclared war 1, 2, 3). There are instances in some crazy games where you can get japan's threat to be higher than germany's but the issue is that it can never make up for the differences that the undeclared war adds with the neutrality dropping. No matter what you won't enter the war till you can get to 60 neutrality and declare USSR's independence or someone else who gets attacked outside of the allied faction.

Sea attack ought to be used to bomb ships in port but what stat is used to damage the naval base level itself? Sea attack as well?

TAC range goes up from 400 to 525 with fuel tanks but NAVs doesn't seem to get the same range increase. True? WAD or a bug?

TAC range goes up from 400 to 525 with fuel tanks but NAVs doesn't seem to get the same range increase. True? WAD or a bug?

Pretty sure they do get the same range increase:

medium_fueltank = {

tactical_bomber = {
range = 125
surface_defence = -0.75
air_defence = -0.75
}

naval_bomber = {
range = 125
surface_defence = -0.75
air_defence = -0.75
}