• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I use auto-assign leader option and very often AI try to select some skill 0 leader for my new division even when there're other more skilled commanders available. Is AI just going through some pre-defined order of selection or are those low level commanders some hidden talents that AI know about?

I'm plaaying as Germany. How to annexing/puppeting UK ?

I have conquered London and all territories in the British main island(English Channel did happen) and choose the war goal for create puppet for UK.
do I have to conquer all the British colonies too ?

I'm plaaying as Germany. How to annexing/puppeting UK ?

I have conquered London and all territories in the British main island(English Channel did happen) and choose the war goal for create puppet for UK.
do I have to conquer all the British colonies too ?

you have to get them to surrender. this might include VP provinces located outside mainland GB.

Im playing as italy and japan did surrender to usa and is government in exile. They only have few divisions trying to stop that invasion. Japan still owns large areas of china and india. After almost two years i have taken back the main islands of japan.
Is there a way to give those lands back to japan or do i keep them to the end of the war ?

Is there a HotKeys to mask/unmask the convoys lanes on the Supply map ?

There is the "H" command for masking/unmasking the Command lines. I'm wondering if something equivalent exist for the Convoys lanes.

I'm using USA and i conquered America so i can deploy units on annexed territory of america, but i just annexed Portugal and i cant deploy units there, there isn't a way to deploy units in territory that is not in contact with my "original territory"?

I'm using USA and i conquered America so i can deploy units on annexed territory of america, but i just annexed Portugal and i cant deploy units there, there isn't a way to deploy units in territory that is not in contact with my "original territory"?
If you want to put units somewhere that doesn't have a land connection to your capital, you have to move them there using troop transports.

(Which is somewhat annoying as Germany, since it raises the awkward question "so how did those troops in the Prussian exclave get there?" on account of you not having any transports at the start of the game.)

Are emplaced AA useful in FtM?
A separate stat in the files has been added to reduce damage they take from installation strikes.
And they now gain +20% efficiency for each level of tech.

So they are significantly more useful then previously, especially since they still don't cost any manpower.

A separate stat in the files has been added to reduce damage they take from installation strikes.
And they now gain +20% efficiency for each level of tech.

So they are significantly more useful then previously, especially since they still don't cost any manpower.

Nevertheless in my gaming experience they dont do significant damage (or any at all) to attacking enemy airunits even if maxed out and ahead in tech.
I only use them to gain artillery pracitcal.

Nevertheless in my gaming experience they dont do significant damage (or any at all) to attacking enemy airunits even if maxed out and ahead in tech.
I only use them to gain artillery pracitcal.
That's strange, I take higher damage when I fly ground attack missions in zones containing AA emplacements of level 5 or more. Only a few % per day but very noticable after a few weeks.

I played FTM 3.05 + DIG quite a lot lately. I dont attack enemy provinces with static AA a lot so I dont have a lot of experience how it "feels" from the attacking side.
I bombed Gibralter with TACs for quite a while and noticed no significant losses - I dont know what AA Level Gibraltar has.
On the defending side I have noticed that level 10 static AA of 1942+ tech has no noticable effect on RAFs Bomber Command in 1940.

If I've got a capped stockpile, is it safe to shut down Supplies production for a while?

I played FTM 3.05 + DIG quite a lot lately. I dont attack enemy provinces with static AA a lot so I dont have a lot of experience how it "feels" from the attacking side.
I bombed Gibralter with TACs for quite a while and noticed no significant losses - I dont know what AA Level Gibraltar has.
On the defending side I have noticed that level 10 static AA of 1942+ tech has no noticable effect on RAFs Bomber Command in 1940.
Don't play DIG myself, but since it's based on Semper Fi it's quite possible it uses the old lower AA values if any other building and industry tech values in that DLC was changed (so that files didn't get updated).

Edit: Looked through the DIG FTM change-log and it doesn't mention AA being updated to FTM status from what I can see.

Last edited:
Don't play DIG myself, but since it's based on Semper Fi it's quite possible it uses the old lower AA values if any other building and industry tech values in that DLC was changed (so that files didn't get updated).

Edit: Looked through the DIG FTM change-log and it doesn't mention AA being updated to FTM status from what I can see.

I cant find a seperate buildings.txt in DIG, so DIG at least uses the same damage_factor = 0.25 as FTM does.
Are there any other places besides tech - which seems to be the same, too - which define the static_aas strength?