• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since you can't put them in the land HQ hierarchy their bonus is not effected. As the manual states it's dependent on the level in the command chain and they are always in direct control of the fleet/air-fleet so they give full bonus.

What does happen is that they gain XP slower at higher level, and lose their bonus if they are to low level for the number off ships/airwings commanded.

(...)

Not 100% sure, but I remember testing it along time ago and have a vague memory of landforts being the answer.

Thanks for the answer !!!

How to get the Suez Channel strategic effect? Do you need to play a specific country? I'm playing as Romania, I control both sides of the channel but the effect did not fire up.

I have a feeling someone asked this before, but I can't find it.

If I have a division of 3 or 4 SP Arty and I reinforce an infantry battle with it, they will never join the frontline off course, but are they stiill firing at the enemy? Or in order to get them to fire I need to put them with at least one front line brigade and hope the division joins the frontline? Thanks in davance, as always.

Cheers

If you download the devildred patch for common weapons mod, do you copy it over the orignial after youve made a copy of the original, i did'nt quite understand his explanation, as with alot of people replying to my questions with such short answers, please treat me like a small child when it comes to computer techinal questions. I am old and i don't understand them one bit.

Is it normal for NSDAP and VF support in Austria to completely implode by the end of 1936, even with the Germans supporting the NSDAP? I spent the whole year (as Germany) doing the Support Our Party mission in Austria, and there is now no NSDAP support and the VF are down to 16%. (The two largest parties are the light blue SDAPÖ and the dark red Schutzbund)

One of the democratic countries might be supporting their own party. But keep supporting the Austrian Nazi Party, you can still trigger the Anschluss without them being popular, IIRC you need 40% popularity or organisation. Bear in mind that popularity is kind of random but if you keep your spies boosting your party the organisation will get high enough regardless.

I'm thinking about giving HOI another run for it's money. What mod should I pick if I just want some more depth and events, but not a total makeover? Like SMEP was for HOI2. Is HPP the choice for me? August Storm looks nice too. MP-friendlyness is a big plus.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about giving HOI another run for it's money. What mod should I pick if I just want some more depth and events, but not a total makeover? Like SMEP was for HOI2. Is HPP the choice for me? August Storm looks nice too. MP-friendlyness is a big plus.

there are no true "total conversoins", most of the mods just rework events and units. Some fiddle with the ai as well, but none seem to redraw the world or any thing like kiersreich for HOI2.

August storm is one of the only big mods out for FTM. they have a working multiplayer (look at there subforum) otherwise look at some thing like chromos's "ahoi" mod that changes the interface a bit

Couple of "is X worth doing?" questions:

Is it worth developing SH Battleships?

Is it worth attaching some actual combat units to my HQs?

Is it worth developing SH Battleships?

Depends on what you intend to do with your BBs. If you plan on doing BBs research & upgrades, the answer seems to be "NO" as the BBs will have better stats once upgraded than your SHBBs. Otherwise, maybe.

Is it worth attaching some actual combat units to my HQs?

You mean under his command or "attached" to the unit itself ? Not sure you can do the latter. I may be wrong.