• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Never use arty bde for amphib invasions. Some players use marines + arty, but they detach the arty bde and land them separately to reunite them. Personally I prefer to 3 marine divisions of 5 bde for amphib invasions: that packs the most punch while being very powerful [but this is manpower + IC expensive].

Same idea for arty: all bde effects are averaged, so adding arty to mountain bde will give you a little more firepower but will slow down the division in lots of terrain.

see
http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Terrain
for more details about terrain effects.

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I want to play as GB in HOI3, but last time i played this game (Vanilla 1.3 i think was the status) the most frustrating thing was that it was impossible for the ai to invade me (GB)... Because the AI performs silly amph landings (sometimes with just 3 Transport ships, or if they attack with an let's say fair amount of troops i just need a fleet attacking them to get them to retreat...etc...
Is the status quo of amphibious warfare (semper fi+patches) the same or is it better?
Sealion without adequat naval and air support is unthinkable..... and a gamebreaker

I was thinking. Can you get overthrown by partisans in HOI3. Like if partisans take your whole country you become communist or something like that??

Never use arty bde for amphib invasions. Some players use marines + arty, but they detach the arty bde and land them separately to reunite them. Personally I prefer to 3 marine divisions of 5 bde for amphib invasions: that packs the most punch while being very powerful [but this is manpower + IC expensive].

Same idea for arty: all bde effects are averaged, so adding arty to mountain bde will give you a little more firepower but will slow down the division in lots of terrain.

see
http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Terrain
for more details about terrain effects.

Thanks. That would have been nice to know before that fiasco in Athens though!

First of all sorry for my bad english.

I want to play as GB in HOI3, but last time i played this game (Vanilla 1.3 i think was the status) the most frustrating thing was that it was impossible for the ai to invade me (GB)... Because the AI performs silly amph landings (sometimes with just 3 Transport ships, or if they attack with an let's say fair amount of troops i just need a fleet attacking them to get them to retreat...etc...
Is the status quo of amphibious warfare (semper fi+patches) the same or is it better?
Sealion without adequat naval and air support is unthinkable..... and a gamebreaker
If you are playing the UK, then why would you expect to be challenged by an AI German Sealion? As the UK you can easily keep Royal Navy ships ready to go out and fight the German navy: just as the UK did historically.

If you were playing Germany against the AI UK and trying to do a Sealion, this is often too easy to do as the AI UK too often does not have much of a navy defending it's coastline. This is disappointing as a German Sealion is often too easy to accomplish for a human player against the UK AI.

Well, @comsubpac, I tried the "set Allied objective in your own territory and they might send you an AEF". How patient should I be? I have been waiting for months. Japan HAS joined the Axis, but not moving against the Allies (just China).

So I don't know what to do.

Assuming SOMEONE (Aussie, Kiwi, S. Afr, CAN) helps me out, can I move an AEF from one theater to another? e.g. I ask for help in the Middle-East (Kuwait), but shift the AEF to, say Egypt theater. Is that possible?

Thanks
WK

PS - since I'm asking, I have searched and searched, but cannot find the instruction thread for how to get screen shots...really. I've tried looking all over.

PS - since I'm asking, I have searched and searched, but cannot find the instruction thread for how to get screen shots...really. I've tried looking all over.

F11 for screen shots; F12 for some sort of world map screenshot. Pics are saved in a folder in your folder where you installed HOI3. Upload pics to a pic hosting site. I use Photobucket, others use imageshack, and there some other hosting sites. Make sure the pics are .jpg, this can be converted with Irfanview.... I think Paint can do it too. After the pics are on the hosting site you'll get a set of "tags" when you mouse over the pic; the Paradox forums should use the "href=" one.... never posted a pic here so am doing from memory of how I post pics on similiar forums. Hope this at least points you in the right direction.

zz

F11 for screen shots; F12 for some sort of world map screenshot. Pics are saved in a folder in your folder where you installed HOI3. Upload pics to a pic hosting site. I use Photobucket, others use imageshack, and there some other hosting sites. Make sure the pics are .jpg, this can be converted with Irfanview.... I think Paint can do it too. After the pics are on the hosting site you'll get a set of "tags" when you mouse over the pic; the Paradox forums should use the "href=" one.... never posted a pic here so am doing from memory of how I post pics on similiar forums. Hope this at least points you in the right direction.

zz

Thanks zz! I'll give it a shot.

WK

Is strategic redeployment speed 20 km/h on level 10 infrastructure provinces and if so for example, in a province with level 2 infrastructure my infantry would travel at the same speed than normal movement (4 km/h), and my light armor for example would travel at half the speed?

Also if I'm right they lose org but, ¿at what rate?

Many thanks @zz - navigated right to it. I couldn't find it. Hopefully, my AAR (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?529545-UK-game-by-a-new-player) gets better.

One more question, how do I get the hyperlinked neat underlined text rather than this cumbersome http that is above? I would like to link my thread ("UK game - by a new player"). I know it is a simple task, but I have not figured out how to do it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

WK

Many thanks @zz - navigated right to it. I couldn't find it. Hopefully, my AAR (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?529545-UK-game-by-a-new-player) gets better.

One more question, how do I get the hyperlinked neat underlined text rather than this cumbersome http that is above? I would like to link my thread ("UK game - by a new player"). I know it is a simple task, but I have not figured out how to do it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

WK

Haven't done this in years, had to go back to the subsim.com boards to find the instructions....

UK game - by a new player

testing to make sure it works first..... yes it did! :)

The syntax: type a left bracket then copy/paste the rest of this:

url=http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?529545-UK-game-by-a-new-player]UK game - by a new player[/url]

Last edited:
Ok - but if I DL from Gamer's Gate, I just get the file and no code to enter...

I DL'd from Gamersgate.... don't like steam. You have a code, check on your Gamersgate page... purchased games I think its called.... something like that.

EDIT: To be more specific, after logging into Gamersgate click on "My Games" on the left side of the screen; a window should open with your purchased games; scroll down to SF; your serial key is right there. :)

zz

Last edited:
Is strategic redeployment speed 20 km/h on level 10 infrastructure provinces and if so for example, in a province with level 2 infrastructure my infantry would travel at the same speed than normal movement (4 km/h), and my light armor for example would travel at half the speed?

Also if I'm right they lose org but, ¿at what rate?

strat redoployment moves at 20km/hr per level of infrustructure so it always faster unless the infrustructure is bombed to zero

I was thinking. Can you get overthrown by partisans in HOI3. Like if partisans take your whole country you become communist or something like that??

I understand they have to hold your capital for 2 years to do that