• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Where is it best to attach air units, high as theatre level or low as corps level.

First off it depends on if you are using the AI or not. If not then AG level is a great place because it takes advantage of the lower supply and fuel usage and of course you decide what to do with them. If you are using the AI then it should be placed at the AI level you use. If army level then they need to be attached at the army level also for the AI to use them.

First off it depends on if you are using the AI or not. If not then AG level is a great place because it takes advantage of the lower supply and fuel usage and of course you decide what to do with them. If you are using the AI then it should be placed at the AI level you use. If army level then they need to be attached at the army level also for the AI to use them.

Doesn't that lower supply and fuel usage pass down to units below army group? So I could attach to corps l;evel and get the same bonus?

Doesn't that lower supply and fuel usage pass down to units below army group? So I could attach to corps l;evel and get the same bonus?

Yes but if manual controlled the question is why risk it. If the corps is too far away from an airbase the chain of command is broken. And since you manually control what you attack there is no benefit to attach at corps level.

If using AI then it should be at the AI level you are using. Corps A might be resting or defending and that restricts the usage of the air if only at corps level.

Sorry if already posted. Think I've been incredibly thick, but I can't find the way to retreat from a naval engagement.

Thanks

To elaborate on comsub's answer:

To retreat, you right-click an adjacent seazone, just like you would retreat from land combat. However, Ships need to reach a "disengage distance" OR "disengage timer" before they actually flee (otherwise no one would lose any ships to fihting ever). Once the retreat command is given, there is no way to cancel said order, btw.

I figured I'd post here rather than opening another topic.

How does reserve missions work for fleets?

Also, in reserve missions for air units, is there a risk of the reserve unit being wiped out if it drops to 0 strength?

Do people ever use these commands, and if so, when and how are they best used.

I figured I'd post here rather than opening another topic.

How does reserve missions work for fleets?

Also, in reserve missions for air units, is there a risk of the reserve unit being wiped out if it drops to 0 strength?

Do people ever use these commands, and if so, when and how are they best used.

reserve missions don't work.
always use the "passive" stance.

I'm lookiong for the "How to" for screen shots in FAQ and cannot find it.

F11 for screenshots, f12 for a world pictue.

Krieger11b said:
What does susestibility to axis mean? Sorry for spelling.

Suseptibility to a partucular faction affects how fast you drift towards a faction.

SR is ctrl right click. Get used to using ctrl right click to set missions rather than using a direct right click.

You can not set time for an attack. Generally just go ahead and attack as battles take lots of time. You can use synchronize arrival times which does not result in units arriving at the same time, but it is also an instant command.

Attaching artillery brigades to marine divisions, is it worth it? I know I'd lose the movement bonus, but what about the combat bonuses? Would a 2MAR+2ART fare well on amphibious invasions? I know a pure division would be better at landings, but would the added power in a straight up fight be a trade off worth considering? Same question for mountain units? I like the higher organization of the elite units.