• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Soviet Union I clicked "unassign all" in the leaders/generals tab (or whatever it's called). The idea was to manually set leaders to the important places (high level HQ, tank divisions etc...) which I did. However I don't want to manually set leaders to the hundreds of infantry division that I have and which are without leaders now. I have "auto assign" checked but it's no longer working. Is there a way out? (meaning, to persuade the game to again assigns remaining leaders to the free positions)

no, and auto assign only works for newly deployed divisions.

As Soviet Union I clicked "unassign all" in the leaders/generals tab (or whatever it's called). The idea was to manually set leaders to the important places (high level HQ, tank divisions etc...) which I did. However I don't want to manually set leaders to the hundreds of infantry division that I have and which are without leaders now. I have "auto assign" checked but it's no longer working. Is there a way out? (meaning, to persuade the game to again assigns remaining leaders to the free positions)

Part of the reason they put a warning dialogue for that button, its unreversible. If all you've done so far is just assign leaders, you could try saving the game, exiting, loading the save and then playing a day as another country briefly to see if the AI USSR assigns the rest of them. The AI would undo any brigade changes or command structure changes but maybe they would leave your leaders alone and just fill in the blanks. Worse case scenario you just reload the save as USSR and manually assign them instead.

How can I resolve the following diplo issue:

Hi guys, lurking for some time around this forum, but first post ever here ;)

My question is: do you have any solutions to the following diplomacy issue, here's the story short:

Playing as the USSR, most recent FtM version, influencing Romania since 1936 together with increasing communist party support via my spies. PCR wins election early 1940, USSR GOI Poland in September 1939, DoW on Germany due to that, Poland falls, a stalemate develops since Germany doesn't invade the Low Countries/France. I want to keep Romania out of the war, but close to me nevertheless - with PCR in charge I got military access to them (I'm not able to invite them to faction due to the neutrality bug, I suppose).

Now the strange story begins:

In November 1940 Romania enters the Axis (still under the auspices of stalinist PCR and being in Comintern's corner of influence triangle) and DoWs on me soon after (about a week or so). Apart from the fact that stalinist country joins Axis is something totally out of the blue, it messes my plans completely as it elongates the front line - not to mention those extra brigades I need to fight with.

Is it possible to somehow invite Romania into Comintern as for now (I mean the pre-Axis period). I even tried using "yesmen" cheat and forcing a non-aggression pact prior to their DoW - but they kept refusing it twice, even with the cheat on. What are your suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue with romania as the soviets. I believe them joining the axis no matter what is scripted but i haven't looked at the scripts so maybe someone who did knows for certain. The only way for me to get them into ComIntern was to conquer and making them a puppet. Kind of politics with different means ;)

For some reason, the "bullying over Besserabia" issue more or less predetermines Romania joining the Axis. No matter what, that event/decision seems to fire, no matter how nice I am to Romania as the Soviets.

I've even couped them out of the Axis before the event fires (I let the Germans influence them into the Axis normally) and the event still fired, putting their communist dictatorship right back into the Axis. :wacko:

It's even worse if they elect a communist government rather than you doing a coup because they still join the Axis, but you can't coup a democracy or constitutional monarchy if they elect a party identical to your own.

That's why I either ignore Romania pre-war, or ahistorically puppet them after an early war with Finland. If Romania is going to act stupid while abusing game mechanics, I'll abuse them, too.

It is possible to do an world conquer game?
Technically yes, but I reckon that the only two nations up for the task (due to factions) are Germany and the USA and I doubt that there would be enough time unless you modify the end date. I remember seeing a forum post where someone had managed to conquer all but a few European nations, China and the USSR (which he was at war with at the time) as the USA. Don't know how that ended though.

1. Is there any tactics to defeat the enemy which is larger in quantity than my army?
2. how to defeat the outnumbered enemy but have more quality than mine?
the British easily beats my army which have more troops than theirs. I have 2 div of LArm, 1 div of Motorised Infantry, and 2 Div of Marine while the Brits have 1 div of Arm and 3 div of Infantry
I found it hard to defeat them.

I'm playing as Italy against the Brits in North Africa.

I you have some spare forces try to make amfibious assoult in Israel, and try to capture Suez Channel , it should drag some UK forces from Egipt. Capturing Gibraltar would help you a lot too, but it's preety hard to do.
Also check you supply line in North Africa,if you dragged there too many forces, they may by poor supplied. Using proper HQ and leaders with logistic wizard trait would help a lot
And don't forget to use bombers, since you should easily obtain air superiority.

a question; was the supplies ever fixed in any of the pay-for-patches? (or expansions whatever) or is it still buggered to hell and back unless you turn arcade mode on?

well reinstalled after about 2 years of absense due to major issues, still havn't gotten the reserves command to work at all (SF latest patch) anyone else got reserves command working? or would care to explain how it work? if it does?

well reinstalled after about 2 years of absense due to major issues, still havn't gotten the reserves command to work at all (SF latest patch) anyone else got reserves command working? or would care to explain how it work? if it does?

reserve command? i only know reserves in battle and units build as reserves but i have never seen a "reserve command"... reading the manual and playing the tutorials should be a good start.

What's this "Victoria" game that's often referred to on here and is it any good?
A game similair to Hearts of Iron but instead of war it focuses on industrialization, imperialism, trade and politics. The setting is 1836-1936 and you should be able to find alot more info and screenshots at the Victoria 2 forum on this board. I think its good but a little to slow pace and unstable economy :)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?443-Victoria-2

As far as I know, air and naval units on Reserve still do nothing as of Semper Fi 2.04. It might have changed in FtM.