• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bump. Anyone know how to get better radio?

It's one tech. Once you get it, it's yours. It might improve as you improve radar, but I doubt it.

Say in Semper Fi I'm playing as Germany or one of the members of the Allies(UK for instance) and I order the spies to "Support our party" in the USSR, does it make any difference? There are no elections of course but is there a chance for a coup to occur? What about the same scenario in FTM? Thanks.

Say in Semper Fi I'm playing as Germany or one of the members of the Allies(UK for instance) and I order the spies to "Support our party" in the USSR, does it make any difference? There are no elections of course but is there a chance for a coup to occur? What about the same scenario in FTM? Thanks.

Played through to test this, and four games from 1936 to when Germany invaded led to no change in the Bolshevik power base, but did have the light blue section grow and gobble most of the others in the country's political pie.

Is there any benefit to researching encryption and decryption? Do they increase intelligence or something?
decription basicly lets you see more of the enemy units.if you have high level radar stations as well you can see units a long way away. Very helpful for the anti submarine wars. Encription prevents the enemy from being able to see your units.

Uhh, in which file and where can i find the British auto-DoW on GER?
I would like to comment it out for an exclusievely experimental game.

And another one: Is it possible to go for a cease fire quickly after after Sino-Japanese war has begun?
I would like to test this in a different game experiment, too. :)

Thanks in advance!

Uhh, in which file and where can i find the British auto-DoW on GER?
I would like to comment it out for an exclusievely experimental game.

And another one: Is it possible to go for a cease fire quickly after after Sino-Japanese war has begun?
I would like to test this in a different game experiment, too. :)

Thanks in advance!

if it does even exist it will be part of the LUA files. don't touch them if you are not really confident in what you are doing.

Does the effect of training laws affect unit production when they are added to the build queue of when the build finishes?

When they're added to the queue.

Was trainers also occasionaly used as fighter aircraft in the 30s and 40s? If not, what were the substatial difference between them that made the traners unsuitable as fighter aicraft?

Beacuse, just looking at a lot of trainer aircraft, I don't really see why they could not have been used as fighter aicraft in times of airplane scarcity

Generally, trainers did not have the hardpoints for guns/bombs. Back in the day, your offensive weapons were the machine guns you had mounted in the wings. Without them, your pretty little plane was just a target.

When they're added to the queue.

But I don't really get it. Wouldn't it have been a fairly easy job to just mount some machine guns on those trainers. Seem like this was never done tho

Re-Installation Problem

Hello, have just taken off FTM, SF and did the full repair on my original HOI3 file.

Now, when I download FTM from my Gamersgate library, it sends me the file via download but at the end up pops a message saying it didn't install.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

After a long break i m back here, and just give HOI III a try. I´m playing the 1.4 vanilla version of the game and have some troubles with the odd alliance behavior with this version. I´m playing DR and USA joined the allies early 1939 before even the war starts. (no predows i played historically so far). I was aware about this behavior and influenced USA and increased their tread but maybe to late.

I´m also capable to edit the savegame. I deleted USA out of the allied faction and deleted the last ENG diplomatic action...but after a couple of days USA rejoins the allies. Can anybody tell me which keyword i have to use to find USA alignement slider in order to edit USA-alignement to a more neutral stance?
Or is there any other possibility to prevent that they immedeately rejoin the allies? Maybe incrase their treadlevel or something else? Tks for your help in advance.

Last edited:
Is there a way to speed up the reorg of airplanes?
I run a bombing solo mission over Tobruk in the African Scenario fo FtM Vanilla, and my german bomber lost all its org. Then I rebased my ariforce in the three airports that I own (the inital two plus the Bengasi one that I conquered), trying to repair them all at full speed. Now that they are all healed, is there a way that the airfield can improve their org or I have to wait?
Since I am not able to merge expeditional forces units, how can I use the solo bomber? I cannot send it all alone over the AA of Tobruk...

After a long break i m back here, and just give HOI III a try. I´m playing the 1.4 vanilla version of the game and have some troubles with the odd alliance behavior with this version. I´m playing DR and USA joined the allies early 1939 before even the war starts. (no predows i played historically so far). I was aware about this behavior and influenced USA and increased their tread but maybe to late.

I´m also capable to edit the savegame. I deleted USA out of the allied faction and deleted the last ENG diplomatic action...but after a couple of days USA rejoins the allies. Can anybody tell me which keyword i have to use to find USA alignement slider in order to edit USA-alignement to a more neutral stance?
Or is there any other possibility to prevent that they immedeately rejoin the allies? Maybe incrase their treadlevel or something else? Tks for your help in advance.
You don't want to increase USA threat (since that just discurages others to drift towards their faction once they join one).

You want to increase the threat of the Allies (UK+FRA) to discurage USA to drift towards them.

It's also important to start influencing early in 1936 in vanilla as I remember it to get a long head start, because allies will influence faster when they start. In FTM USA is much more neutral and we are actually having a problem getting them to join the allies in 1940 in our current MP game.

Well i just realized that i was looking for alignement instead of alignment :) .......i guess now i will find the correct position in my save and can edit USA´s alignment.

Last edited:
But I don't really get it. Wouldn't it have been a fairly easy job to just mount some machine guns on those trainers. Seem like this was never done tho

No, it's not that easy a job. For instance, in the case of a US .50cal HMG: you're putting a gun that weighs 100 pounds (50kg) into each wing. Can the wing support that extra weight? What about ammo? Is there space for the ammunition in the wing? Are you chopping down on the fuel (lots of fuel tanks in wings back then). Do the aerodynamics of the aircraft actually take into account that extra weight? Can the engine power an aircraft with an additional 200 pounds of gun and--conservatively--probably at least 100 pounds of ammunition (2 fifties, and 250 rounds per gun)?

Bolting stuff onto an aircraft is no easy endeavor.

Is there a way to speed up the reorg of airplanes?
I run a bombing solo mission over Tobruk in the African Scenario fo FtM Vanilla, and my german bomber lost all its org. Then I rebased my ariforce in the three airports that I own (the inital two plus the Bengasi one that I conquered), trying to repair them all at full speed. Now that they are all healed, is there a way that the airfield can improve their org or I have to wait?
Since I am not able to merge expeditional forces units, how can I use the solo bomber? I cannot send it all alone over the AA of Tobruk...
to reorg faster they need to be based in a provence with higher infrustucture and be fully supplied. yes a solo bomber is pretty useless you can either use it only against units with low air attack in provences with no AA or just return it to the germans

Last edited: