• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Which is better to get, Semper Fi or FTM?

Or is there a thread already discussing this?

It's not an either/or; it's just SF or SF + FTM. That said, I think FTM is awesome and has made a lot of quality improvements, so it's worth it if you can afford them both.

1) FtM requires SF, so obviously, the answer is both.

2) Use google.

One of the Land Doctrines grants +5% unit cooperation.

What exactly does that do??

It reduces stacking penalty by a considerable margin (comparable to lvl5 theatre commander effect). It's one of those things you are supposed to get in every game regardless if you have Militia/Garrison or not.

What does the minister trait "suscepability to X" actually do? If you use it you are more easily convinced to use that faction but they are pointless for a faction leader? Or do the mean you influence other nations to join the faction of their trait more easlily? Ie, Why fx. use a "susceptability to Comintern" as Germany or fx. "Susceptability to Axis" as Russia?

Defining other shady minister traits would be ok too...

What does the minister trait "suscepability to X" actually do? If you use it you are more easily convinced to use that faction but they are pointless for a faction leader? Or do the mean you influence other nations to join the faction of their trait more easlily? Ie, Why fx. use a "susceptability to Comintern" as Germany or fx. "Susceptability to Axis" as Russia?

Defining other shady minister traits would be ok too...

It makes your country more willing to go along with the faction you select. Any influence exerted is enhanced.

So you are correct, for a faction leader the trait is basically worthless. And for humans choosing to align to faction is far more effective as well.

I assume it allows PI make it easier for countries to align relatively historically, without making it 100% that X country always joins a certain faction.

At least faction leaders are all majors so they will have better minister options to choose from.

I would like to ask if anyone can explain these combat statistics to me. French mountain
infantry are attacking from hill terrain into German hill terrain. They are attacking a mix
of German Medium and heavy armor, and German leg infantry.

Note that the French mountain soldiers receive only a 4 percent terrain bonus. The division
is deployed as 3 mtn-Inf brigades with 2 supporting engineer brigades (5-brig div).

The second image shows that the german medium armor and heavy armor receive no
terrain penalty. I thought med and hvy armor had a terrain penalty in hill terrain.

Your terrain bonus is so low because of the engineers; pure mountain divisions are almost always the way to go. According to my manual, there is no terrain penalty for defenders on Hills. A slight one to attack, but none to defense.

What does the minister trait "threat impact -10%" do exactly?

It's written in green so I suppose its something positive. I suppose it means that actions your nation makes increase your threat by 10% less than what it should have?

Why is "national unity changes +10%" written in red (compassionate gentleman). This makes it easier to raise NU and this is something positive right? This should probably be reported as a bug or am I mistaken?

Why is "national unity changes +10%" written in red (compassionate gentleman). This makes it easier to raise NU and this is something positive right? This should probably be reported as a bug or am I mistaken?

It makes any NU alteration increase by 0.1. This means that while, yes, it makes it easier to raise your NU, it also causes any negative NU impact to add 10% of that value to it, so it increases the effects of strategic bombing and convoy raiding.

I have a really dumb question but I looked everywhere and could not find it.

Under statistics, the army makeup screen lists infantry, armor, militia, etc. And then has a total to the right. Are these brigades or divisions? Sorry for the question, but I could not find it anywhere.

I have a really dumb question but I looked everywhere and could not find it.

Under statistics, the army makeup screen lists infantry, armor, militia, etc. And then has a total to the right. Are these brigades or divisions? Sorry for the question, but I could not find it anywhere.

Brigades... actually, Regiments and Battalions, but everyone seems to refer to them as "Brigades".

Is there anyway to tell the number of divisions? and if i attacked poland in may, france in july, and beat france sep 1, should i attack Soviet Union this year or wait till spring? and its 39.

Unit Stats v.s. Terrain table

I get very confused by the discrepancy between the terrain stats you see when you click directly on a brigade,
and the terrain effects table.

For example this is an image of the terrain effects stats seen when clicking directly on an engineer unit (Eng IV)

but when I go to the terrain table for the HOI3 Wiki (http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi3wiki/Terrain), the table
shows that engineers impose a 20% loss, when supporting an amphibious attack. Can anyone please explain why these figures appear to contradict each other ?

would this work?
PHP:
############################
# Roman Britannia Conquest #
############################
country_event = {

id = 6000

is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
                tag = ITA
                year = 10
                month = 1