• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Two questions

Started playing FTM as Italy and upon defeating Ethiopia the game made them a puppet rather than letting me annex them is the Norm now? I remember in older version you had the choice.

Second as a sort lets see what happens before I quit the game i attempted a coup in Liberia (the was only one spy and i had made no actions there) and to my surprise the coup worked is this normal or was I incredibly lucky.

thanks for any help provided

Change your war goal in Ethiopia to annex. You can do this in the diplomacy tab (I think you might have to wait a month though).

If France is liberated (3.05) does its capitol move back to Paris, or does it stay in Africa thus destroying the invasions supplies on the allied side?

yes

If I fail a coup attempt in FTM, do I suffer any penalties other than the hit to relations?

so do my serials update automatically, or do i have to cancel them and restart them with the new equipment?

thanks

serials will be produced at the initial tech levels it makes serials a bad idea for anything you are doing research on

serials will be produced at the initial tech levels it makes serials a bad idea for anything you are doing research on

so say i am producing regular infantry, and at the same time am researching the next infantry equipment techs. obviously if the inf is finished before the tech, then they will have the old equipment. but what about subsequent inf produced from that serial, after i have finished researching the next inf tech level? will they be the next level or do i have to cancel and restart a new inf serial?

also, I keep reading in the strat guide and wiki that putting more IC into consumer goods creates more money, ala HOI2. But when i do it in game it never makes any more money. So you can't make more money by upping CG now?

so say i am producing regular infantry, and at the same time am researching the next infantry equipment techs. obviously if the inf is finished before the tech, then they will have the old equipment. but what about subsequent inf produced from that serial, after i have finished researching the next inf tech level? will they be the next level or do i have to cancel and restart a new inf serial?
subsequent inf will be at the tech level from when you set up the serial build
best to cancel and restart, by the way there is no advantage from doing serial builds

best to cancel and restart, by the way there is no advantage from doing serial builds

so i do have to restart serials with new models then, and cant upgrade serials like AoD (sorry to keep going on about this question)

so i do have to restart serials with new models then, and cant upgrade serials like AoD (sorry to keep going on about this question)

no, because this is not AoD. imagine that you order certain equipment and that your industry will deliver that and nothing else of course. the units will of course upgrade once deployed.

Sure, because as each one in the serial completes it gets cheaper is no advantage... right? Far as I can tell, if you order three infantry divisions in serial and you get a new level infantry after the completion of the first division, division 3 will start as the new level of infantry.

I just learned that military police lacks function in occupied territory, so now I wonder what units I should raise in order to keep down rebellions in Yugoslavia and why. I'm playing with Hungary here. Would guards be suitable for this tasks?

And another question. What should I do with the MP I raised so far? Are they of any other use? Should I keep them for when I'm at war with the Soviets? Should I disband them?

Last edited:
Sure, because as each one in the serial completes it gets cheaper is no advantage... right? Far as I can tell, if you order three infantry divisions in serial and you get a new level infantry after the completion of the first division, division 3 will start as the new level of infantry.

hmmm... anywhere I can confirm this?? I might just have to play test it...

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I have a couple more quick ones...

1. Can you gift units?
2. on the wiki it states the optimal 'radio range' in kms your HQs should be from their commanded units. How can I tell the distance between units in games?

hmmm... anywhere I can confirm this?? I might just have to play test it...

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I have a couple more quick ones...

1. Can you gift units?
2. on the wiki it states the optimal 'radio range' in kms your HQs should be from their commanded units. How can I tell the distance between units in games?

1. As expeditionary forces, yes. Unfortunately, as it worked in HoI2, no.
2. If a unit is attached to a hierarchy, then there should be a little box (in either red or green) with "HQ" on it. If you hover the mouse over it, it will tell you the various ranges to the HQs higher and lower in the hierarchy.

Also, further about your original question: each time you complete construction on a unit, you gain practicals, which affect how the unit prices out.

I just learned that military police lacks function in occupied territory, so now I wonder what units I should raise in order to keep down rebellions in Yugoslavia and why. I'm playing with Hungary here. Would guards be suitable for this tasks?

And another question. What should I do with the MP I raised so far? Are they of any other use? Should I keep them for when I'm at war with the Soviets? Should I disband them?

MP's presently are largely ineffective.
I build Garrisons to hold key locations, and mobile units to run down partizans that pop up.

I haven't built MP's recently. If you can upgrade them, consider that, otherwise disbanding would be fine.

Also: I have the ability to upgrade my infantry to mountaineers, is it worth it?

The advantage to upgrading is the new Mtn Troops would keep the Experience of the old troops, and would cost less in IC than producing new Mtn Troops from scratch.

Is it worth it is entirely situational? Mtn troops are very useful in area's that have hills and mtn's, anywhere else Infantry is just as good. So do you have Mtn's or Hills you want to conquer or defend?
Also be wary of doctrines, are your Spec Forces Doctrines ahead or behind your Inf Doctrines? It will impact the effectiveness of the troops.